Death Penalty is Getting In The Way.

Thlaylie

I am a casual gamer.

I don't have time to wait for some arbitrary countdown to play.

After a few times I just walk away from the game.

Devs, you don't want me to walk away.

It should be made an option for those who are seeking more realism and don't have as limited a time to play.

You now owe me a new keyboard as I just spat my coffee out all over this one at the sheer ludicacy of your request...

:ph_use_the_force:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you hit the point that the ressurection timer gets intrusive, you generally should own the fact that you are over your head and move onto another easier quest or activity until you can level or at least update your gear enough to overcome it. Perhaps a space mission or some crafting.

I am a casual gamer.

It should be made an option for those who are seeking more realism and don't have as limited a time to play.

More realism would equal no respawn...

I am a casual gamer.

Are you trolling? There is ZERO Death Penalty.

One of my best MMO memories involves a corpse run in EQ2. To make a long story short, I made a lot of friends that day after leaving a pile of corpses down there at the bottom of a well, each belonging to someone who came to help. It left us with a very hefty XP debt, but I'll always remember the experience fondly because of the camaraderie.

I'm no expert at game design, but when death could be used as a means of quick travel, you know the penalty is far too trivial. I'm not saying you should be able to lose weeks of farming by dropping your weapon like it used to be possible in Lineage II, but there needs to be some kind of mechanic to keep players on their toes. I guess one way to do that would be to implement achievement-style rewards, such as being able to take down bosses within a certain time limit or a certain skill, but it might be too late to put that into this game.

Boy you guys are going to HATE the major fights.. They will not even let you respawn there.. You have to run back....

I really hate to say it but it part of the game..

If you cant handle death in a MMO you may want to find another game..