The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Top 10 most under-rated Force Users

LadyKulvax

I thought this would be a very interesting idea to put forth and a way to correct the face value opinions many people have.

1. Darth Plagueis

Personally I think no.1 should go to Vader, opinions?

Edited by LadyKulvax

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good topic for discussion.

In no specific order:

- Darth Malak

- Darth Bandon

- Bastilla Shan

- Revan

- Marka Ragnos

- Ludo Kressh

- Naga Sadow

- Satele Shan

- Darth Sion

- Darth Malgus

In addition, members of the Dark Council of the reconstituted (ancient) Sith Empire in general. In-fact, TOR era characters in general.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

- Darth Malak

- Darth Bandon

- Bastilla Shan

- Revan

- Marka Ragnos

- Ludo Kressh

- Naga Sadow

- Darth Malgus

I wouldn't put these on because they're either underrated because they're bad, or we don't have enough information.

And then of course there's Malgus being understood by almost everyone to be insanely powerful, and Revan, the most overrated character in the Star Wars Mythos.

I wouldn't put these on because they're either underrated because they're bad, or we don't have enough information.

And then of course there's Malgus being understood by almost everyone to be insanely powerful, and Revan, the most overrated character in the Star Wars Mythos.

Agree, I also consider Sadow and Kreesh overrated relative to the info we have

Despite the efforts of me and Beni...

Traya.

Perhaps Ti, Plageuis, but I would not put Vader at #1, at all. Maybe lower down, but not #1.

I agree with Vader. I was simply saying Ti needs to be somewhere on the list.

And Traya? Really?

I think by now, everyone recognizes her power. Everyone should recognize her power. I do, at least. Our Kaggath.... Never again.....

I agree with Vader. I was simply saying Ti needs to be somewhere on the list.

And Traya? Really?

I think by now, everyone recognizes her power. Everyone should recognize her power. I do, at least. Our Kaggath.... Never again.....

:D

Yeh, but do you know how long it's taken us to get to this stage?

And still some underestimate her, she's still lower than she should be. But the fact remains, she's underestimated by everyone else, and would still be underestimated by you guys if Beni and I hadn't tried our hardest. This is about Underestimated characters in general (i think) not on these forums, and Traya should be on there.

:D

Yeh, but do you know how long it's taken us to get to this stage?

And still some underestimate her, she's still lower than she should be. But the fact remains, she's underestimated by everyone else, and would still be underestimated by you guys if Beni and I hadn't tried our hardest. This is about Underestimated characters in general (i think) not on these forums, and Traya should be on there.

I suppose you have a point. I hope your happy that now whenever I think about the FE, my first thought is, "Can it kill Traya?"...

I just hate you sometimes :p. I truly despise you. Really, I do ;)

Bad in what sense?

All of the characters in my list are canonically powerful and prominent figures of the mythos. Yes, detailed information is lacking on these characters but holistic analysis of their accomplishments and capabilities may offer some eye-openers.

Revan, most overrated character? Names such as Yoda, Luke and Sidious come to mind (The club of untouchables).

Malgus and Revan are remarkably powerful Force-users even by mythos standards. These two are much more often under-appreciated then over-appreciated in debates in various forums.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Bad in what sense?

All of the characters in my list are canonically powerful and prominent figures of the mythos. Yes, detailed information is lacking on these characters but holistic analysis of their accomplishments and capabilities may offer some eye-openers.

Revan, most overrated character? Names such as Yoda, Luke and Sidious come to mind (The club of untouchables).

Malgus and Revan are remarkably powerful Force-users even by mythos standards. These two are much more often under-appreciated then over-appreciated in debates in various forums.

Bad in the sense they're not as powerful as they're perceived to be.

Right... Right... So Sidious invents a power that demolishes fleets, transfers his essence, roflstoms pretty much anyone who faces him... Yoda, his his anti-clone, the exact opposite, pushed fleets around with ease, destroyed armies. And Luke, the Pinnacle of the Jedi.

These are not overrated characters, sure they might be made ridiculously powerful by the artists, but this ie=s about fan perception, not artists writings.

Don't even get me started on Revan.... Rayla can do that one for me.

I suppose you have a point. I hope your happy that now whenever I think about the FE, my first thought is, "Can it kill Traya?"...

I just hate you sometimes :p. I truly despise you. Really, I do ;)

That question should be harder to answer when you see some of the things i've dug up for my next Match...

Though in all honesty, I'm only backing Aurbere because

1) Your faction scares me.

2) I owe him

and 3) Your faction really scares me.

Bad in the sense they're not as powerful as they're perceived to be.

They are more powerful then they are typically given credit for as per my observation. I am not interested in ranking these characters but I intend to bring ground realities of these characters on the table in this thread.

Right... Right... So Sidious invents a power that demolishes fleets, transfers his essence, roflstoms pretty much anyone who faces him... Yoda, his his anti-clone, the exact opposite, pushed fleets around with ease, destroyed armies. And Luke, the Pinnacle of the Jedi.

1. Sidious did not invented Force Storm (Wormhole) power.

2. Yoda is not as powerful as Sidious (DE incarnation).

3. Luke being the pinnacle of Jedi is a subjective point.

Yes, these 3 are stupendously powerful characters but they are not untouchables and can loose to some (few) in combat situations (or underperform)* and/or rivaled by some (few); these characters also have limits in certain areas or aspects where they can be undermined. However, this point irks fans of these characters as if it takes away from the hype surrounding these characters. Situation is not so black and white in the mythos anymore.

*Combat situations are very complex events in which several factors matter (including decision-making).

These are not overrated characters, sure they might be made ridiculously powerful by the artists, but this ie=s about fan perception, not artists writings.

Actually, some TOR (or ancient) era characters also have some ridiculous showings but they are underestimated nonetheless.

Don't even get me started on Revan.... Rayla can do that one for me.

This is the point of this thread, I believe. We nominate and expand on the ground realities of these nominations.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Let's not turn this into a Old Republic vs PT thread thank you very much.

The reason I nominate Vader is because people still see him as some slow lumbering fool that gets insta-killed by lightning, when that is far from the case.

Vader is probably not as vulnerable to Sith lightning as some may think but he is vulnerable in this aspect nonetheless. Exposure to a very powerful burst of Sith lightning would be a major problem for Vader, repeated exposure to powerful bursts of Sith lightning should definitely do him in.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Let's not turn this into a Old Republic vs PT thread thank you very much.

The reason I nominate Vader is because people still see him as some slow lumbering fool that gets insta-killed by lightning, when that is far from the case.

Indeed.

As for Vader, It really depends on weather we're doing this based on people who act like they know what they're talking about, or if we're talking Underrated by those who know quite a bit... 'Cause if it's the likes of the debaters on these forums, vader isn't very Underrated.

Vader is probably not as vulnerable to Sith lightning as some may think but he is vulnerable in this aspect nonetheless. Exposure to a very powerful burst of Sith lightning would be a major problem for Vader, repeated exposure to powerful bursts of Sith lightning should definitely do him in.

*Facedesk*