Weird feeling about the future of SWTOR

Einobi

Too bad, swtor is sinking... for a 2nd time... Gsf was generally negatively received by most of the pvp'ers. Dont believe me ? Roll on a pvp server or go on the pvp forums.

I'm on a PvP server. Besides griping about ranked queues, I haven't seen anything other than "Thor > all" and religious trolling.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad, swtor is sinking... for a 2nd time... Gsf was generally negatively received by most of the pvp'ers. Dont believe me ? Roll on a pvp server or go on the pvp forums.

2 bad, swtor is cinqing... 4 a 2nd time... Gsf wuz genrly regitivilee receaved bi most of the pveepeers. Dont beleave me ? Role on a peeveepee server or go on the peeveepee 4ums.

FTFY to match your soig.

I'm on a PvP server. Besides griping about ranked queues, I haven't seen anything other than "Thor > all" and religious trolling.

pvp is dieing then

are u a Gen chat hero? yea its fun but unlike u i actually play the game...

2 bad, swtor is cinqing... 4 a 2nd time... Gsf wuz genrly regitivilee receaved bi most of the pveepeers. Dont beleave me ? Role on a peeveepee server or go on the peeveepee 4ums.

FTFY to match your soig.

idc how I type, I graduated from Harvard law.

where r your credentials?

I've been saying this since FTP launch.

It is obvious that less overall attention and actual quality went into the affore mentioned 2 daily area's and operations.

Nothing EA has done since Makeb has been of great quality.

Also, i realize im likely in some minority, but i really didnt care for GSF either.

No new content has been exposed since the original datamined info back before FTP. (ie. we can expect this same level of quality until something major is announced...which could be never i suppose)

It is obvious that less overall attention and actual quality went into the affore mentioned 2 daily area's and operations.

Also, i realize im likely in some minority, but i really didnt care for GSF either.

No new content has been exposed since the original datamined info back before FTP. (ie. we can expect this same level of quality until something major is announced...which could be never i suppose)

Trust me ur the majority, most if not almost all a part of the pvp community are disappointed with GSF, its like Arenas but in space.

Well, in pure quality alone, the new Ops are well designed, the game balance changes have been (mostly) logical, 3 of the 4 Arenas are well designed with the proper amounts of LoS and obstacles and what not, and the GSF maps are pure awesomeness.

Now since liking it for what it is is just a matter of personal preference, I'll leave that to you, but the quality of release has only improved ever since I joined.

I am not going to be as out of this world like the op not offering any examples, but there are examples. First if the game was not sinking then why not hand all emotes out to subs? Instead they milk the hell out of them with the cartel market. If the game was not sinking then why put so many important key dyes in the cartel market? Sorry to say but when your milking trivial but important items like that, what do you think people are going to think. Then there is the key vendor, a simple dye, that now becomes bind upon pick up. To what get more people to get a security key? How desperate can you get.

Then there is the galactic starfighter. For months upon months many of us told them joystick, cockpit view, radar/hud, and base it on skill. What do they do? they come up with a graphically souped up pvp game based on certain gears that will give you a cheat so you dont get hit. Specifically special turns. No the debate on this was going on sense the first day when we realized how bad space was.

Then just turn the page to pvp. The only world pvp spot with rewards, that made it worth it, was nerfed to no end. Then lastly removed instead of fixed.

Now right now I am not playing much, but ive been in this game, playing this game for a long time now. Until I see my trooper turned into a trooper, I see reward/world pvp zone, and I see gsf fixed I wont be giving them any more of my money. Its a choice. These devs need o show me at least that they are serious about this game. Right now I have not seen that. Dont mistake serious with lack of work. I am sure they work hard but there is some major gaps that need fixed.

Hell it is star wars, and I would love to name this is my game, but how the hell can I do that when I cant even shoot while kneeling or prone with my trooper. Or for that matter can not even use a blaster rifle on my commando without loosing abilities and dps.

Whether the game is sinking or not, whats the difference? If you still enjoy playing play, if you no longer enjoy playing move on to another game.

This isn't a ship, no lives will be lost if it did go under. Heck, most likely no one will even lose their job, not for long at least. I'm in the software engineering field and even bad software engineers are still in great demand :p

I AM on a pvp server, I have seen people who play ranked on Bastion who also play GS, meanwhile as for the pvp forums, generally the people who post on forums are the people who are, lets just say, more "vocal" than others. If it was so bad it would have sunk by now like ranked did, only subs are on it right now which means something is keeping us there.

I AM on a pvp server, I have seen people who play ranked on Bastion who also play GS, meanwhile as for the pvp forums, generally the people who post on forums are the people who are, lets just say, more "vocal" than others. If it was so bad it would have sunk by now like ranked did, only subs are on it right now which means something is keeping us there.

like lolArenas, they will only be special for a 1 or 2 and then they won't care, at least prob some of them, but u cannot deny that GSF was generally negatively received by the PvP community bc saying otherwise just makes u sound delusional.

like lolArenas, they will only be special for a 1 or 2 and then they won't care, at least prob some of them, but u cannot deny that GSF was generally negatively received by the PvP community bc saying otherwise just makes u sound delusional.

Oh whoops. I forgot we are talking to the representative of the SWTOR community. :rolleyes:

going to insults now are we?

Anyway, GS was not meant to attract only pvp players, of course not all of them would like it, but it has garnered enough of a following to keep the que times low, at least on my server, and since its early access we know its subscribers who are playing this.

it was for pvp'ers eyes only, srry you feel if you feel slapped in the face bc of it

Oh not at all.. PvP sucks and is a waste of resources... Nobody likes PvP and it should be removed from the game.

Oh, wait... sorry... got swept away by your older posts there and accidentaly stated my views and opinions as fact...

People are still complaining about this game? You'd think that people would get bored of doing that considering the game is 2 years old, guess not.

Anyway, for those who love SWG there is a group of people who are putting together Star Wars Galaxies private servers with the intent to let people play SWG again. Go and hump their legs and maybe they'll let you in.

I can't comment on the new content as I've not played since before Rise of the Hutt Cartel, but I've been a loyal subscriber before hand and I personally don't think its all that bad really.

I mean it -could- be worse. It could have Jar Jar Binks in it, or a whiny protagonist. Or worse it could be ignored by EA and Bioware so that you never get anything at all. So remember no matter how bad it is now, it could always get worse.

someone sounds mad they got ganked once. in all srry, not srry

Also your posts give me a headache trying to read them.

Edited by Semjax

That's brilliant insight.

What clued you in on the notion that EA was going to stop investing and scrap the game?

Was it the 2.4 update that included Oricon?

Maybe it was the 2.3 update that included Bounty Week and more dailies?

Or maybe it was the 2.5 update that included early access to the entirely new GSF gameplay?

Thank you for asking and giving me an opportunity to further clarify my position on this 'feeling' thingy. Before I go further, I would like to reinstate my status that I am as much a "defender" of this game as much as those other more vocal defender. If circumstances are permitting, I would be one of the few who will login at the last hour when swtor server will be shutdown for good, standing shoulder-to-shoulder crying, singing and drinking ourselves silly on the star fleet cantina, bidding everybody farewell and going down with the fleet with everyone else for the last time. I can even imagine the scene at this moment.

I see all your argument that bioware is adding new contents, doing upgrade, earning profit etc etc. I agree. So, just for that alone, it should not go down. That I beg to disagree.

You are looking at thing in the absolute perspective. If you look at it in the relative perspective, thing may not look so bright. What do I mean?

Yes, swtor may be earning profit. But is that profit ENOUGH to sustain the cost (very importantly the opportunity cost that bioware can earn if they focus on a new game)? There is a renewal cycle and upgrade cost for IT infrastructure every 3 - 5 years cycle. Swtor is in its 2nd year and fast approaching the renewal period. The cost pressure and consideration will increasingly weigh heavier on swtor's continual viability as a going profitable concern. The parallel example to give is IBM selling away its Thinkpad notebook to Lenovo. Yes Thinkpad notebook was still earning good profit for IBM. However IBM decided that going forward, with increasing commoditization of the notebook market and advent of mobile devices, it is not worth the opportunity cost to continue holding on to the baby. So you see, its not about the absolute profit that matters.

Yes, swtor may be upgrading and adding new features like the latest GSF. But on the relative perspective, are they doing enough to captivate the customer COMPARED to other MMO. Wow has announced ambitious revamp of its game with the coming expansion and excited many players. Swtor attempt to do the same hype with GSF but reality fall short of the hype. Many, including myself, are disappointed with GSF. It is not captivating. Perhaps it is just the few of us that feel this way hopefully. Do you realized that in the last few months, almost all 'major' mmos (at least those that I have played prior) are very very aggressive in their game upgrade and promo to lure player back to play their game? On the RELATIVE perspective, my personal feel is that swtor pale in light of what other mmo is doing to promote their game. Just look at the marketing promo in my email inbox and you see how sadly swtor perform in selling its game. It not about upgrading and satisfying yourself that you have done enough. Its about the competition. Have you beat the competition?

I have written too much. And I have not even touch on how swtor continuously p-issed off its player while other mmo continuously strengthen its goodwill among its player. But that pretty give you an inking on where I draw the source of my feeling from. Peace.