Flashpoint Loot System. please fix.

gangbot

Just experienced a sith jugg need and won the roll on an item which the main stat is aim, he didnt seem to smart and looked like he was needing everything that dropped. There needs to be something stopping them on rolling for an item which doesnt include a main stat for them.

I understand some companions can use them but why cant the need roll add +100 to the roll if your toon has a certain stat for their main character, leaving the under 100 for companions.

Atleast have the option to trade an item that is BoP within the party before the flashpoint ends if they realize it was a mistake.

Edited by gangbot

This isn't an issue so long as they don't open up cross server instances.

Of course it is. What a ridiculous claim!

Anyway, prepare for a bunch of "go back to WoW" posts. You can't post anything critical of the game here and expect much else. For what it's worth, I agree with the OP entirely.

Just experienced a sith jugg need and won the roll on an item which the main stat is aim, he didnt seem to smart and looked like he was needing everything that dropped. There needs to be something stopping them on rolling for an item which doesnt include a main stat for them.

I understand some companions can use them but why cant the need roll add +100 to the roll if your toon has a certain stat for their main character, leaving the under 100 for companions.

Atleast have the option to trade an item that is BoP within the party before the flashpoint ends if they realize it was a mistake.

You failed to realise that you don't entitle to the gear more just because your main character can use it. All people put the same amount of effort to put down the boss. Before playing WoW which introduce this abomination. Loot are just round the robin and the one who get to loot can decide to sell the gear or grab it for his own purpose.

Also, If you are running group with your usual group buddy (in game friend), you can also set up special loot rule but PUG is just PUG and everybody entitle to the loot.

You failed to realise that you don't entitle to the gear more just because your main character can use it. All people put the same amount of effort to put down the boss. Before playing WoW which introduce this abomination. Loot are just round the robin and the one who get to loot can decide to sell the gear or grab it for his own purpose.

Also, If you are running group with your usual group buddy (in game friend), you can also set up special loot rule but PUG is just PUG and everybody entitle to the loot.

But out of all the bosses in the instance usually all members atleast get something and they take the chance by joining it. I think they are entitled to it if they are going to use it, over someone who probably will just vendor it since its BoP.

btw this is not a pre wow, it is not wow. so your point is invalid.

Edited by gangbot

But out of all the bosses in the instance usually all members atleast get something and they take the chance by joining it. I think they are entitled to it if they are going to use it, over someone who probably will just vendor it since its BoP.

How do you know he is not using it and just vendoring it? And even if he is, that doesn't mean you entitle to the item 'MORE' than he is. He also put his effort into downing the boss.

The NBG system people rely on turns into 'My opinion of who need what is better than yours so you should listen to me and roll greed instead of rolling need when you need it for w/e reason'.

Edited by ryancwn

What I'd be interested to hear, is how did you deal with the situation. Did you bring the issue up, and try and explain how stats work? Or did you flame him? I find 9/10 if I explain the problem to the individual, they tend to actually apologise, once they understand.

Still as a healer, it's fairly easy, if they keep doing it and decide to ignore your pleas of logic... you can just stop healing them. :p

Does this game not have a Master Looter option?

If so, USE IT! That's how you stop ninjas.

It does, but there's no /roll command. What do you do if something drops that two people can use and master loot is on?

The loot system needs fixing and it needs fixing soon. I can't imagine how it'll work out in operations. :/

It does, but there's no /roll command. What do you do if something drops that two people can use and master loot is on?

The loot system needs fixing and it needs fixing soon. I can't imagine how it'll work out in operations. :/

I can't even imagine how an MMORPG today got to launch without a /roll command. Friggin unreal. That's just so much fail I can't believe it.

How do you know he is not using it and just vendoring it? And even if he is, that doesn't mean you entitle to the item 'MORE' than he is. He also put his effort into downing the boss.

The NBG system people rely on turns into 'My opinion of who need what is better than yours so you should listen to me and roll greed instead of rolling need when you need it for w/e reason'.

someone whos main stat is STRENGTH makes the aim stat useless.

What I'd be interested to hear, is how did you deal with the situation. Did you bring the issue up, and try and explain how stats work? Or did you flame him? I find 9/10 if I explain the problem to the individual, they tend to actually apologise, once they understand.

Still as a healer, it's fairly easy, if they keep doing it and decide to ignore your pleas of logic... you can just stop healing them. :p

i did bring it up and he apologized since it looked to be an accident that the system should not let happen in the first place.

Never understood why "need" didn't automatically make an item have Zero Value(non-tradable, un-Auctionable)

Greed it keeps its Value, Need=Zero and any parts(mods) of it have zero value as well.

Then people can NEED all they want and it just fills up their inventory til they have to trash it.

Never understood why "need" didn't automatically make an item have Zero Value(non-tradable, un-Auctionable)

Greed it keeps its Value, Need=Zero and any parts(mods) of it have zero value as well.

Then people can NEED all they want and it just fills up their inventory til they have to trash it.

Quoted for brilliance. Hire this guy Bioware.

^ Frkn genius!

I won't even run flashpoints unless its a guild group. I tried pugging it several times and I lost 4 out 5 items I wanted to roll on to classes that can't even equip it so its a waste of my time doing them.

If the class can't equip it they should not have the option to roll need on it. I don't understand how something so simple is not added to all MMOs. It just makes no sense.

There is a similar problem with nodes and chests. You can't loot them while in combat but some jerk can loot them while your fighting a group of mobs on top of the node. Let us loot while in combat, I see no need why griefers and thieves should get the satisfaction.

I would pug all the time if they would fix the loot system. Groups would be easier to find because more will do it also.