A problem with values

SalvorHardin

I really love GS but I have real troubles with some numbers...

First, attacker objectives seems broken: the highest I've seen in +50 WZ was like 8 or 9... I mean, at times I go and kill 3 turrets, kill the guardian, the guy who comes to defend and proceed to single cap and still finish the WZ with 2 attacker objective points.

Now, something much less annoying is the weird decimal on Pitch and Yaw... 1.08°/sec yaw means that it would take 2min46 to turn around horizontally... I'm guessing the actual value should be 108°/sec.

But what annoys me the most is the problem with distances. If you're going to use the metric system, do it right. 5000m is 5km, so about 3.5 miles... I don't know about you, but it really doesn't seem like I could see a starfighter at this distance, let alone shoot it without a scope. Also, a speed of 780m/s (standard scout engine speed) is 1740mph. So I'm thinking every distance in GS is 10 times the actual value.

Edited by SalvorHardin

But what annoys me the most is the problem with distances. If you're going to use the metric system, do it right. 5000m is 5km, so about 3.5 miles... I don't know about you, but it really doesn't seem like I could see a starfighter at this distance, let alone shoot it without a scope. Also, a speed of 780m/s (standard scout engine speed) is 1740mph. So I'm thinking every distance in GS is 10 times the actual value.

In the case of distance, it would be the opposite. 500m instead of 5km.

How many times did you chase after an enemy and were so close to him, that you could've grabbed his wings? Yet, the game told you he's still 100m away? :p

Let's assume a scout has the size of an airplane: Could you see an airplane in 5km distance? Heck, no.

But ingame you can clearly see scouts in that distance in every detail.

It just doesn't make sense.

In the case of distance, it would be the opposite. 500m instead of 5km.

How many times did you chase after an enemy and were so close to him, that you could've grabbed his wings? Yet, the game told you he's still 100m away? :p

Let's assume a scout has the size of an airplane: Could you see an airplane in 5km distance? Heck, no.

But ingame you can clearly see scouts in that distance in every detail.

It just doesn't make sense.

Yes, that's what I'm saying: the values in game are 10 times what they should be.

Edited by SalvorHardin