Matchmaking

Sportiva

How does matchmaking work?

If you have 1 fully upgrade ship and the rest with no upgrades, will you be placed with other upgraded teammates and opponents even if you wish to fly an un-upgraded ship?

Or does your matchmaking assignment depend on the ship selected at the time you queue?

They haven't explained how this works, although since you are free to choose from any of the 5 ships you have placed in your active hanger, I would surmise it is based on the cumulative upgrades of those 5 ships.

That is, assuming such a system is indeed in place, however populations are far too low to see if it working.

It sure would be nice to know though wouldn't it?

It goes by overall skillset on your ships. However, because there isnt many players in GSF yet, matchmaking hasnt kicked in.

So it counts the 2 ships (for those who bought both CM ships and unlocked both fleet req ships) that you cannot have in your active hanger?

So it counts the 2 ships (for those who bought both CM ships and unlocked both fleet req ships) that you cannot have in your active hanger?

I'm guessing that its a function of the 3,4, or 5 ships currently available to use (active). If you have more than 5, the ones you can't use shouldn't count for or against you.

I could just as easily be a valor-type system too - the status of which is not immediately apparent to us. They could be tracking total kills/total objective points and converting this to some overall player score, even though they haven't enabled us to track it the way valor works in ground pvp.

I could just as easily be a valor-type system too - the status of which is not immediately apparent to us. They could be tracking total kills/total objective points and converting this to some overall player score, even though they haven't enabled us to track it the way valor works in ground pvp.

Possible but doubtful as they would be rewarding those who dont put forward much to the actual battle. Remember, all maps are objective based, and it would be extremely hard to code a system like you describe. It would be much easier and less resource intensive to create a system bsed on your ships. And remember, EA and BW love to take the easy way out.