The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Proposed Changes to Packs in the Cartel Store

erichcs

I have been playing the game from it's launch and have liked most of the additional things that they have added to the cartel store except for how the mounts are random in the packs that you purchase. Some the random items I have been able to use but what I do not like the way it is not that when purchasing 1 or more packs to get the mount

I have purchased several and just are not getting any mount for my characters to use in the game.

I find this very frustrating and really would like to see them redesign the cartel market place with tabs for mounts, character enhancements, etc so I am not just using up my cartel market money for things that I do not or may not use or need.

Their is another animal mount that you get at random by purchasing the packs you do get random social and other items which are useful. I just would prefer to not have to just keep getting 10 or 20 or more of the same items in hopes of getting that animal mount which I can't remember it's name. That to me is very frustrating and is the only way to get it for my characters.

Hope you make this change in a future game patch/update. I really like that you have finally added the much needed animal mounts and hope to see more of a variety in the future.

With all the packs you say you buy, is it perhaps not an option to list the rare items you don't want on the GTN or maybe even selling packs there whole and using the credits you make this way to buy the animal mounts on the GTN. I don't know what server you're on but for example, the Irradiated Varactyl is roughly a million credits on my server on the GTN and frequently even dips under that.

random is random, buying packs to "try" and get something is foolish. Better off buying the Hypercrate and selling that, or selling packs outright. You buy packs because you enjoy the thrill of the chase, and thrill of finding something. Otherwise you are purchasing for an investment and better off selling packs and buying what you want.

I've purchases probably 2-3 hundred packs since inception and have no problems with how they run it.

• 1 month later...

I am really a newbie at the packs. I was a 'virgin' until I bought a 24x hyper expecting to take most of the 24 to get the armor I wanted.

After going through all 24, I found I had about 1/2 the armor I wanted. When I went to look today, not even a replacement hyper available.

I now have a bad experience with the hypers. I don't think I am going to put more real world dollars (few as I admit they are) into packs for a while. I understand random, but when you buy a 24x, you should get at least one of each.

I hope the revs are reading.

I recently purchased 3 of the x24 opportunist packs in hopes of getting the dewback mount which I do not have yet and none of the random packs had the mount I wanted.

My biggest disappointment with the cartel store is not that they have exp items, companion gift items, mounts to purchase but it is the fact that how the cartel was designed. I am not in favor of buying random packs with my cartel money and only get items some I can use and others I can't or do not need.

Sure I could just sell them on the auction house but is still spending cartel money that I get not much of a return on.

What the developers need to do in my opinion is to change allow players to be able to pick exactly the items they want to use their cartel money for, if they want to buy only a specific mount they can choose that one, if they want to only buy a exp item then they should be able to choose it. This is just 2 examples the many items that that the players should be able to pick from instead of getting the random items as it is now.

Maybe the developers will read this and consider making some changes to the cartel marketplace.

I have been playing the game from it's launch and have liked most of the additional things that they have added to the cartel store except for how the mounts are random in the packs that you purchase. Some the random items I have been able to use but what I do not like the way it is not that when purchasing 1 or more packs to get the mount

I have purchased several and just are not getting any mount for my characters to use in the game.

I find this very frustrating and really would like to see them redesign the cartel market place with tabs for mounts, character enhancements, etc so I am not just using up my cartel market money for things that I do not or may not use or need.

Their is another animal mount that you get at random by purchasing the packs you do get random social and other items which are useful. I just would prefer to not have to just keep getting 10 or 20 or more of the same items in hopes of getting that animal mount which I can't remember it's name. That to me is very frustrating and is the only way to get it for my characters.

Hope you make this change in a future game patch/update. I really like that you have finally added the much needed animal mounts and hope to see more of a variety in the future.

sounds like you are talking about the Cartel Market Rep venders. You gain rep and tickets to use for certain rare items.