Let's discuss the dichotomy between pre-55 PvP and 55 PvP

Improvise

So there are some glaring problems with the current Warzone/PvP system, and we need to talk about them. The one major problem is Expertise. I speak from experience because I have farmed all the previous War Hero armor, and am currently farming the new PvP armor.

As of right now, people get bolstered to a level 55 stats (including expertise which is good). But there is an incredibly large problem with this, there are people that you are matched against at level 55 who have much more expertise than you. The end result is an PvP experience that is not fun in any way.

It is frustrating as a player if I am placed against people who can 3 hit me (because they have the best armor and best stats). I cannot learn to play better. I cannot learn my rotations for my class and I cannot learn how to be effective in PvP when this occurs.

My main point is that the difference in PvP before level 55 and at level 55 is incredibly different; usually for the worse. Before level 55, if you know how to play your character then you will do well due to the even playing field bolstering gives everyone. I can have mediocre armor and a reasonable level and still do well because I know how to play the game. But this doesn't occur at level 55.

I have seen fresh 55 players that are full tank specs die from 3 to 4 hits because the other person has far superior armor and expertise. That shouldn't happen and when it does, it provides for an "unfun" experience (Dev's if you are reading this, this is the tl;dr of this post)

PvP/Warzones need a match making system that matches people according to their expertise and armor. As someone who has barely any PvP armor, I should not be placed with and against people who do.

Edited by Improvise

You could not be more incorrect.

Bolster now gives you 2018 expertise as long as your non-PvP gear items are below level 55 (ie not any tier of end-game PvE gear).

If you know how to play your class, you will succeed as a fresh 55. There is no gear gap anymore; there hasnt been for quite some time.

You could not be more incorrect.

Bolster now gives you 2018 expertise as long as your non-PvP gear items are below level 55 (ie not any tier of end-game PvE gear).

If you know how to play your class, you will succeed as a fresh 55. There is no gear gap anymore; there hasnt been for quite some time.

so what are u saying: that the OP's argument is empirical incorrect or that the difference is perceptual? 'cos anyone can tell you how things should work in theory . . .

so what are u saying: that the OP's argument is empirical incorrect or that the difference is perceptual? 'cos anyone can tell you how things should work in theory . . .

Things work exactly as I said in my post, its not a theory. So yes, I guess the OP is empirically incorrect.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Things work exactly as I said in my post, its not a theory. So yes, I guess the OP is empirically incorrect.

So the PvP experience is in other words perceptual. Is that specific to OP's described experience or would this apply on the general experience of SWToR PvP?

Bioware could have resolved all this with a better bolstering system.

What the bolstering system "should" have done is :-

* Check every slot on your gear. If the slot has a PvP item currently in circulation it will skip and not bolster. If the slot is PvE or a pvp item which no longer exists, it should bolster either up or down to entry PvP level. Entry level is always slightly worse than the tier 1 PvP gear. In fact they don't even need 2 PvP gear tiers. Just have 1 PvP gear tier and be done with it.

ie. Entry level PvP is set at item level 27. Tier 1 pvp gear would sit at item level 28.

deft mod 30 would be bolstered down to deft mod 27

deft mod 12 would be bolstered up to deft mod 27

For this to work, all non moddable gear in the game has to be removed. Implants and earpieces should have moddable slots. All slots should be able to be filled at level 10. You shouldn't have to wait till your level 20 to get your first implant or earpeice.

Under this system, expertise is completely irrelevant. It can still be used as another layer to balance healing and damage differences between pvp and pve but its not necessary.

Sub 55 PvP would still have an additional layer of global bolstering to make up for any player level disadvantage. This level would not exist at 55.

So there are some glaring problems with the current Warzone/PvP system, and we need to talk about them. The one major problem is Expertise. I speak from experience because I have farmed all the previous War Hero armor, and am currently farming the new PvP armor.

As of right now, people get bolstered to a level 55 stats (including expertise which is good). But there is an incredibly large problem with this, there are people that you are matched against at level 55 who have much more expertise than you. The end result is an PvP experience that is not fun in any way.

It is frustrating as a player if I am placed against people who can 3 hit me (because they have the best armor and best stats). I cannot learn to play better. I cannot learn my rotations for my class and I cannot learn how to be effective in PvP when this occurs.

My main point is that the difference in PvP before level 55 and at level 55 is incredibly different; usually for the worse. Before level 55, if you know how to play your character then you will do well due to the even playing field bolstering gives everyone. I can have mediocre armor and a reasonable level and still do well because I know how to play the game. But this doesn't occur at level 55.

I have seen fresh 55 players that are full tank specs die from 3 to 4 hits because the other person has far superior armor and expertise. That shouldn't happen and when it does, it provides for an "unfun" experience (Dev's if you are reading this, this is the tl;dr of this post)

PvP/Warzones need a match making system that matches people according to their expertise and armor. As someone who has barely any PvP armor, I should not be placed with and against people who do.

You need to stop.

I highlighted why you're getting a hard beating in 55 PvP.

You are getting bolstered. If you're not decked out in 55 gear you're getting bolstered to Conqueror gear. You're just missing the augments which account for close to 5K HP. The reason you're getting beat is not because of gear. Its because you have no clue how to win or play your class.

The sooner you realize that you're fighting against experience the sooner you can move on and actually beat people in 55 PvP.

Edited by Yeochins

I can only speak from my own experiences, but the vast majority of people I see in unranked are those who only have the base 2018 expertise from bolster. If you're playing ranked without PVP gear, yeah, you should rightly expect to be slaughtered in every match. If your problem is pre-mades invading unranked in full PVP gear because they suck too much to be competitive in ranked, well, sorry about your crappy server. Transfer or re-roll, I guess.

Honestly, I am sympathetic toward you. It would be nice if unranked gave everyone pre-determined stats (outside of secondary stuff like power, crit, defence, etc) and ranked was used specifically for grinding PVP.