Ves' Trooper Guide (Work in progress)

B-rub

Here's the setup I use for AS

Assault Spec for PvP

As well I shared my rotation and tactics for how I use it in another thread if you are interested I've done the old ctrl-c, ctrl-v.

Reserved power cell => Plasma Grenade => Molded Plastique => Incendary Round => High Impact Bolt => Explosive Round. After this I may use a Full Auto depending if I've caught the attention of the person I'm attacking. As well opening with the plasma grenade can be dangerous if a mara or other melee class is bearing down on you, since it's channeled. So use it depending on the situation. If he is though start with a cryo grenade he'll have to use his resolve if he doesn't want to get hit by it.

After that get moving and use hammer shot to build a bit of ammo back. If your on the move rely on your instants. The CD's on Plastique and HIB aren't really that bad and you will notice that they are usually ready when you need them, HIB being the longest. One rule: Always be firing with hammer shot if skills are on CD if your not your not applying any damage. And manage your ammo of course.

As well with the DOT dependency of this tree, even if you lose a fight many times the other guy won't get to go far before he dies, especially if you get a MP on him just before you die. Nothing more gratifying if you lose than watching him run away only to explode a few seconds later.

For Dmg:

Plasma Grenade will do between 950 - 1200

Plastique will do between 1900 - 2700 (seen higher)

Incendary Round around 950

HIB will do about 1500 -3000 (seen higher) As well your HIB will hit them about the same time as the Plastique goes off fo a nice chunk of health.

Explosive Round for about 950 - 1250

Total opener dmg Low end: 6250 without factoring ticks witch usually go for between 400 - 650 per tick

Total opener High End: 9100 same without factoring ticks.

This of course is just the high and low numbers I see pop up in the matches I've been in. Of course depening on their defense you may do more you may do less

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I posted the trooper and commando specific changes, I will begin changing the guide to reflect things I have picked up between here and Tuesday the 17th. Hang in there, busy climbing the learning curve with all of you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Building a repository of Commando knowledge, if you notice any missing information please do not hesitate to ask for it, as my busy schedule sometimes causes me to forget some items here and there.

With this in mind I would appreciate some Gunnery details. I enjoy your guide and would love you to write up your experience with Gunnery as I'm sure you could point out some key things i should be doing.