The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Convert to Legacy

AntonMercer

Don't know if something like this has been suggested before, but they should introduce something that makes items bind to legacy. My idea would be something that gives say 3 kits that turn any endgame/custom items into a bind on legacy item, at about say 1200 CC for the 3-kit set since there are 9 potential pieces (minus relics, implants, and earpiece) that can be converted. Would really help on customization, and would not hurt new legacy they tend to throw in from time to time. Thoughts?

Don't know if something like this has been suggested before, but they should introduce something that makes items bind to legacy. My idea would be something that gives say 3 kits that turn any endgame/custom items into a bind on legacy item, at about say 1200 CC for the 3-kit set since there are 9 potential pieces (minus relics, implants, and earpiece) that can be converted. Would really help on customization, and would not hurt new legacy they tend to throw in from time to time. Thoughts?

I think that price you suggest is a bit too high. As for the actual idea, i really would love to see it implemented. I myself have suggested it in the past (check out my signature).

I read your take on it, but I believe your price is way too low. The "idea" from the bioware point of view is to make money and 40-80 pet "kit" puts them on par with the XP bonus single ones, and I'm certain the kit is worth more, plus at that price people could buy way too many to even bother with other legacy or cartel sets. I agree my price may be a bit high, but thats only a starting suggestion. I do like the non-cartel restriction, but bioware could go even further by having two different "kits" one for Cartel Market gear and one for Non-Cartel Market gear.

I agree that the price i had suggested is a bit low. I was kind of confused about the cost in CC of cartel market armor. Obviously i was wrong about that, but i never edited the price range :D Still, we are talking about consumables.They are more valuable than experience boosts, but one still needs a lot of them.

I believe the only legacy sets that costs more than a million credits are the "class's" exalted sets, and those aren't even adaptive, and can only be used by the same class, not even the mirror one.

All of the adaptive legacy sets that have been designed to be wearable by any class are very cheap in credits. Considering we're talking about CC and thus real money, it would kind of defeat the purpose if in order to make your own legacy stuff you had to pay, according to the price you suggested, the equivalent of 22.9 euros in CC (assuming the "best deal").

Some cartel market armor sets (the ugly ones :p) cost 1440 CC. The full eradicator set costs 1380 CC. Some weapons cost 400 CC, others less (the dual wield ones). That puts us around the 1800 CC mark, excluding offhands. I think a bundle of enough BoL items to create a full set should cost about the same, since BoL equipment already present in the game is so cheap. After reviewing the prices of CM stuff i think a fair price for the single item would be between 200 and 250 CC. That's much closer to your number than mine, but in my defense i based mine on wrong information :p

That being said, i think having 2 items (one for cartel market stuff, one for other stuff) would be neither practical nor fair, but this is something whoever is in charge will have to deal with. Just like the price in the end ^_^

Edited by Kawabonga

200-250 does sound a lot better per single item, but you still have to remember that they still want to make money while not having these things being spammed on the market. That was my original reasoning on pricing the 3-pack so high, but that was just an original guestimate. Even 300 would be a good price per single which could still be bundled as a 3 or even 4 pack considering 9 is the max of allowed things to be CtL and that way its more in line with current CM prices to make a set. It would even be a good idea to give Subs 1 as a reward for a future update to wet appetites to buy them :)

i was thinking of something like this for a long time, but i wouldn't charge CCs or in-game credits for that. what i had in mind is to introduce something called Legacy Token that can be used to convert any item into BoL. these tokens you would get with legacy levels or on some rare drops like it does with inheritance/birthright tokens.

i was thinking of something like this for a long time, but i wouldn't charge CCs or in-game credits for that. what i had in mind is to introduce something called Legacy Token that can be used to convert any item into BoL. these tokens you would get with legacy levels or on some rare drops like it does with inheritance/birthright tokens.

That kinda makes it useless... unless they increase the drop rate and not keep it the same as the other stuff. I rarely saw the stuff when they introduced it, and I never see it now...ever, and I've leveled several characters in the past year. So, generally, i do not think this would be a good way to do it.

200-250 does sound a lot better per single item, but you still have to remember that they still want to make money while not having these things being spammed on the market. That was my original reasoning on pricing the 3-pack so high, but that was just an original guestimate. Even 300 would be a good price per single which could still be bundled as a 3 or even 4 pack considering 9 is the max of allowed things to be CtL and that way its more in line with current CM prices to make a set. It would even be a good idea to give Subs 1 as a reward for a future update to wet appetites to buy them :)

From a business point of view a cartel market item flooding the GTN is the best thing that could happen. Consider that there's no reason to care about who has how many credits. A great quantity of items on the GTN gives those people who aren't willing to spend CC the opportunity to buy the item as well, which means more clients, because the item has already been sold for CC to someone who was, both for himself and for ingame credits.

Edited by Kawabonga

That kinda makes it useless... unless they increase the drop rate and not keep it the same as the other stuff. I rarely saw the stuff when they introduced it, and I never see it now...ever, and I've leveled several characters in the past year. So, generally, i do not think this would be a good way to do it.

i don't agree with you there. those tokens should be rare and hard earned not just bought in piles. and even if you get a token for each legacy level plus it drops like that inheritance gear, as i suggested in my previous comment, you get more then plenty of tokens.

i'm suggesting something that would make ppl want to play more. similar to what dailys and reputation brought, ppl play same content over and over just to get reputation rewards.

the idea was only trying to capitalize something that's already in the game and that's legacy level.

i don't agree with you there. those tokens should be rare and hard earned not just bought in piles. and even if you get a token for each legacy level plus it drops like that inheritance gear, as i suggested in my previous comment, you get more then plenty of tokens.

i'm suggesting something that would make ppl want to play more. similar to what dailys and reputation brought, ppl play same content over and over just to get reputation rewards.

the idea was only trying to capitalize something that's already in the game and that's legacy level.

There's the thing. It's all based on the drop rate... some people get them all the time... some people do not get them at all, like myself. If something like a BoL kit was in the game that way, I'd actually be super pissed that I would have to grind forever just to get ONE. Not only that, but putting it directly into the cartel market would circumvent the mass multitude of people complaining about it not being able to be somewhat obtainable.

And yeah.. I guess your right about the flood the market thing, but I would wager people putting them up for ridiculous prices... so idk... lol