Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Elect Your Backup Juggernaut Representative Here

Luckygunslinger

What Is This?

Now that 2.5 has dropped the Top 3 Questions are going to begin again starting in January, which is only a month away. Issue is, our rep is MIA, this hasn't really been the first time as prior to the first round of questions he was a bit on and off, which is understandable. We have lives and we can't always be there to do what we were elected for. In the mean time it would be best to elect a Vice/Back Up Rep to send questions to Eric and the Devs while our Rep is MIA.

What If He Comes Back?

Technically They're still the Rep, so if he comes back its still his job. As long as he's able to fulfill his duties then we are covered. Sometimes life happens have you have to take a break. If the community would rather have the Backup represent them then that's a conversation between our first elected Rep, the backup, and the community.

What Should We Be Looking For in a Backup Rep?

The rep doesn't need to be the undisputed master of all three specs, be topping the dps charts while simultaneously theory crafting. What the rep should be is someone who understands the strength and weaknesses of all three specs, be willing to lead and direct conversation without forcing his/her opinion or agenda on everyone, and is capable of effectively communicating the concerns of the community to the developers. The person should also be ACTIVE on these forums quite a bit, not some guy who no one really knows or is buying votes.

If you'd like to nominate yourself or someone you know go ahead. With that lets begin and good luck to all.

(Semi-Copy and Paste from the Guardian thread.)

If you're posting here, please only post your elections whether it be your friend or yourself. Please do not mock or insult the experience of those electing themselves, it may hurt your chances. ;)

Edited by Luckygunslinger

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to nominate myself.

I am a die-hard PVE Tank and DPS (Both specs) and a semi-experienced PVP'er though not professional or as die hard as many others out there. (Valor 60-ish). I have been with the community since the Q&A system was set up and I made a post about the 'Rampage' proc which spanned a few pages of the thread with positive feedback on the topic and the ideas many people brought forward. As for my experience in PVE, I have tanked NiM Content, HM Dread Content and DPS'd some of the HM Dread Content in both specs.

I have been very vocal on what I believe we should put forward as well as discussing ideas with others and just giving my idea, input and opinion. I think I have enough Experience to at least relate with those areas I am semi-weak in (The finer details of PVP) as well as relate to the key issues of PVE which I have touched on time and time again.

I am quite frequent as a poster here on the forums as well as the SWTOR Reddit which I post on quite often when people have questions on Juggernaut or other classes.

Why bother at all? They dont care... Obviously it was useless before and its just another useless cycle of QA. :rolleyes:

Well, If we're given the opportunity to at least TRY then we should bother. I mean, if you're happy with the current state of Vengeance and Rage in PVE and PVP Environments with their issues, then fine. But a lot of us aren't and the Q&A is our best bet of fixing it or at least aiming the devs in the right direction.

What Is This?

Now that 2.5 has dropped the Top 3 Questions are going to begin again starting in January, which is only a month away. Issue is, our rep is MIA, this hasn't really been the first time as prior to the first round of questions he was a bit on and off, which is understandable. We have lives and we can't always be there to do what we were elected for. In the mean time it would be best to elect a Vice/Back Up Rep to send questions to Eric and the Devs while our Rep is MIA.

What If He Comes Back?

Technically They're still the Rep, so if he comes back its still his job. As long as he's able to fulfill his duties then we are covered. Sometimes life happens have you have to take a break. If the community would rather have the Backup represent them then that's a conversation between our first elected Rep, the backup, and the community.

What Should We Be Looking For in a Backup Rep?

The rep doesn't need to be the undisputed master of all three specs, be topping the dps charts while simultaneously theory crafting. What the rep should be is someone who understands the strength and weaknesses of all three specs, be willing to lead and direct conversation without forcing his/her opinion or agenda on everyone, and is capable of effectively communicating the concerns of the community to the developers. The person should also be ACTIVE on these forums quite a bit, not some guy who no one really knows or is buying votes.

If you'd like to nominate yourself or someone you know go ahead. With that lets begin and good luck to all.

(Semi-Copy and Paste from the Guardian thread.)

If you're posting here, please only post your elections whether it be your friend or yourself. Please do not mock or insult the experience of those electing themselves, it may hurt your chances. ;)

Luckyguns_ _ _ _ _ _, has been nothing more than a pretentious airhead. He has been on a constant "rampage" of seeking fulfillment with the current class rep system. Lucky, you're a joke and don't have a hope in hell of receiving the position...ever.

Purerage is active in game, and when the time comes that we jugs must provide more material for the devs, I'm sure he'll pipe up. If not, then I'd actually suggest a different person for the new rep position...Kennethdale.

Kennethdale, I hate him. I hate his freaking guts, but I know he would bust his arse off compiling pve data. In addition to that, he would be the best candidate to be receptive to the pvp'ers conditions. He flat out admits he sucks at pvp. There would be no interference or personal inflections put on our pvp questions that we gave to him.

Are you still out there, my young apprentice?

Luckyguns_ _ _ _ _ _, has been nothing more than a pretentious airhead. He has been on a constant "rampage" of seeking fulfillment with the current class rep system. Lucky, you're a joke and don't have a hope in hell of receiving the position...ever.

Purerage is active in game, and when the time comes that we jugs must provide more material for the devs, I'm sure he'll pipe up. If not, then I'd actually suggest a different person for the new rep position...Kennethdale.

Kennethdale, I hate him. I hate his freaking guts, but I know he would bust his arse off compiling pve data. In addition to that, he would be the best candidate to be receptive to the pvp'ers conditions. He flat out admits he sucks at pvp. There would be no interference or personal inflections put on our pvp questions that we gave to him.

Are you still out there, my young apprentice?

Are you still here? Thought you left when most of us stopped paying attention to you for the exact above reasons. :p Anyways, thanks for the compliments. :)

I am nominating Johnny Mad Dog. Imo devs don't respect us so choosing him would be a fairly good response to them. And a memorable one! Johnny will definitely make us stand out from the crowd.

Remember that being a representative means crap. It's still not like they can ask the questions they want.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I am nominating Johnny Mad Dog. Imo devs don't respect us so choosing him would be a fairly good response to them. And a memorable one! Johnny will definitely make us stand out from the crowd.

Remember that being a representative means crap. It's still not like they can ask the questions they want.

Excellent idea.

I'd like to push forward Luckygunslinger and myself.

Artorias has talked with me in mumble in the past and I feel he gets the gist of what we need in our spec.

As for myself, all I can say is I love the spec, its a great spec, and it deserves better, and there are more issues that we have, not just RNG and Focused Defense, like our Execute phase, which is currently crap.

I'd like to push forward Luckygunslinger and myself.

Artorias has talked with me in mumble in the past and I feel he gets the gist of what we need in our spec.

As for myself, all I can say is I love the spec, its a great spec, and it deserves better, and there are more issues that we have, not just RNG and Focused Defense, like our Execute phase, which is currently crap.

Hey good work on your guardian dps compendium. I think you all have a fair shot, I just dislike lucky is all. Cheers. There are a couple other serious competitors that should create a new thread. This one's kind of a joke.

ssfish, who should have been selected as Jugg rep in the first place.

The whole system of community votes was flawed to start with. "Lets get my entire guild and friend's network to vote for me, and if that doesn't work, I will pay people to vote for me." Seriously, half the reps that got elected were complete unknowns, at least when it came to participating in the forums.

The community should put forth candidates, and Eric should have final say and choose a person that meets the criteria.

Kennethdale and Luckygunslinger are also ideal candidates.

Edited by Marb

ssfish, who should have been selected as Jugg rep in the first place.

The whole system of community votes was flawed to start with. "Lets get my entire guild and friend's network to vote for me, and if that doesn't work, I will pay people to vote for me." Seriously, half the reps that got elected were complete unknowns, at least when it came to participating in the forums.

The community should put forth candidates, and Eric should have final say and choose a person that meets the criteria.

Kennethdale and Luckygunslinger are also ideal candidates.

Hold your tongue, peasent.

Purerage wasn't posting everyday but he came through at the finish line.

Hmm, the more I think about it, we actually need pvp-centric representation. PvP is where juggernaut action really matters and the issues are manifest. Pve solutions are simple. You tards simply want boosts to damage potential, but it is in the realm of pvp, that true jug dynamics exist.

Hold your tongue, peasent.

Purerage wasn't posting everyday but he came through at the finish line.

Hmm, the more I think about it, we actually need pvp-centric representation. PvP is where juggernaut action really matters and the issues are manifest. Pve solutions are simple. You tards simply want boosts to damage potential, but it is in the realm of pvp, that true jug dynamics exist.

That escalated quickly?

The problem with the "PVE solutions are simple" approach, is that PVE is a mathematically static endeavor. No matter how much skill you have, if a class sucks, and even the best player CANNOT get past a mathematical barrier, your class will not be able to make it.

This is not true in the case of PVP. Even the worst class will have situations where some random joe or some dude just really derped and you raped.

Both are important. We need fixes on both.

Stop screwing over pve for pvp, and frankly any damage potential changes help for pvp as well. We need to feel like a dps class in pvp and not a freaking tank.

That escalated quickly?

Well towards the end, it certainly did. You were an unsung hero as well, for like the rest of us, you were trying to find common ground. I remember you had assisted with organizing the concerns quite well. Our new rep needs to have in-game credibility, as well as good forum skills.

Frankly specs should react completely differently in pve and pvp, and even pvp talents should have a pve flipside that reacts to what a boss does.

A couple changes I can think of that apply to pvp as well.

*Master Strike RNG, Wouldn't it be great to consistently be able to kill that one dude with your master strike instead of relying on your wet noodle burns?

*Plasma Brand, Wouldn't it be better if you could apply your burns more consistently by having them all have the same freaking cooldown?

*Focused Defense: Wouldn't it be better if instead of costing focus, it was free and was a controlled self heal for 10 seconds instead of a reactive?

*Better execute phase: Wouldn't it be better if at sub 30 percent you were sure of your ability to instagib someone? IF you were here pre 2.0, Vigilance/Vengeance had an autocrit dispatch. THAT was the bomb in both PVE and PVP. The spec at the time had its flaws, many fixed in 2.0, many flaws created in 2.0.

I'd like to help bring the spec to its deserved glory in both PVP, AND PVE, as the Rep, or as just a forumite. We all love guardians and juggs, stop the idiotic drama and just throw your opinions into the ring without bias please?

The problem with the "PVE solutions are simple" approach, is that PVE is a mathematically static endeavor. No matter how much skill you have, if a class sucks, and even the best player CANNOT get past a mathematical barrier, your class will not be able to make it.

This is not true in the case of PVP. Even the worst class will have situations where some random joe or some dude just really derped and you raped.

Stop screwing over pve for pvp, and frankly any damage potential changes help for pvp as well. We need to feel like a dps class in pvp and not a freaking tank.

AHA!

But there are mathematical values that exist within the trends apparent in pvp. When you examine the top classes present in pvp (arenas) you'll find a cavernous gap between the amount of passive mitigation they possess in comparison to a dps jug's. Moar dps Moar dps, may not be the route we really want to be taking this round.

I feel a new surge of exciting discussions about to be had, for this series of questions will be way more unique and interesting than the last. I'll be sure to share my wisdom when the time is ripe.

Being on the Ebon Hawk, our pvp scene isn't going to be a smashfest of awesome, so IF I'm rep, I would need some help with that.

But from what I know, I can agree with the survivability thing.

Commanding Awe could use some sort of buff, maybe with some aoe damage reduction tacked on in addition to the 4 percent regular damage reduction.

Also Juggs need some sort of PVP saber reflect talent. Maybe Unremitting also has another footnote that either A reduces the CD on Saber Reflect, or we can tack it on to Gather Strength, tie it to shien form, rename Gather Strength to Djem So Mastery, and make the talent edit Saber Reflect to also reflect MELEE attacks. (This is unique as Djem So in lore counters lightsaber attacks, and it would be a unique addition to the spec.)

I don't understand the concern about PvE bias either. I think we can all agree that the jugg survivability model needs to be looked at. Dps adjustments tend to be PvP/PvE agnostic.

Another idea I had would be instead of unremitting giving us a buff from leap, it would be "Force Leap and Guardian Leap grant One Stack of Unremitting. Unremitting Stacks twice and each stack makes your next Master Strike uninterruptable, immune to physics, and increase your damage reduction for 30 percent.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.