Seemingly No Major Balance Issues

Vandicus

Thread Title^

So good job Regulators? Seems like people are pretty satisfied with how things have turned out thus far. Lets hope they've got the Bomber figured out by February.

And a thank you to Bioware for listening to and considering our balance feedback.

Yeah seems fairly balanced indeed - My only complaint are the gunships dealing wayyy too much damage when fully charged (obviously it's fairly easy to get out of the way but it's still nasty getting 1-shot when dog-fighting). Edited by micnevv

Yeah seems fairly balanced indeed - My only complaint are the gunships dealing wayyy too much damage when fully charged (obviously it's fairly easy to get out of the way but it's still nasty getting 1-shot when dog-fighting).

The problem with that is, one shotting from a Gunship would be a scout, a fighter needs more than one. Also you get a warning when the gunship is locking onto you, so I dont think it a issue.

I find gunships are cannon fodder if they are not protected. It easy enough to get behind them and take them out before they have a chance to do much damage.

I think the balance is fine at the moment, wait till we have gunships with fully maxed our sensors and sensor dampening and then I might change my opinion. On PTS gunships became hard to find at times and be able to sneak up on them.

I feel like it's well balanced also. I was easily taking down gunships with my scout, and found the strikeship to be fairly effective as an "overall" ship. I'm leaning towards using the scout most often though for it's speed and handling - it's great for capturing points and then bouncing out and dogfighting.

I only bothered using one single upgrade, and I was holding my own decently throughout my playtime...and I'm only a semi-casual player who almost never plays PVP anything.

My only complaint is the tooltips not being a bit more explicit, or better yet - helpful for selecting crew or which upgrades might be best for different fighting styles. But, that's a minor complaint at best. If I can rock & roll with the basic gear, I'm pretty sure anyone can.

I find gunships are cannon fodder if they are not protected. It easy enough to get behind them and take them out before they have a chance to do much damage.

Definitely. Ended up in a match last night where 2 opponents played gunships and they got obliterated over and over. As soon as they got back into the fray, they were hunted down and eliminated again. It was like they had a bright orange "kill me" sign painted on their ship for the entire match.

My only complaint is the tooltips not being a bit more explicit, or better yet - helpful for selecting crew or which upgrades might be best for different fighting styles. But, that's a minor complaint at best. If I can rock & roll with the basic gear, I'm pretty sure anyone can.

Have you got Detailed Tooltips turned on for GSF? Its a new option in preferences if you havent.