Male Twi'lek Face Bug

SamuelAU

Hi there. My main is a male twi'lek, and after Patch 2.5 I noticed some changes to his face which alters his appearance dramatically, mainly involving the eyes.

It's most noticeable on the character selection screen, where my character looks like he's wearing eyeliner - this was not a problem before. http://i.imgur.com/Hsp3haS.jpg

Some headshot comparison

Before: http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2013/10/GomerikClose.png

After: http://i.imgur.com/Nf03BQi.jpg

As you can see, my character's appearance has been altered drastically. I checked the customization screen for a more close-up view of my character's face and saw that the eyeliner look isn't showing up on that screen: http://i.imgur.com/Glthbu5.jpg

One of the changes I've noticed comparing the before and after shots as well the close-up in the customization screen is that the eyebrow area / ridges above my eyes have changed shape. They were quite flat before (see above the eyes on the before picture) and are now more angled (see the after pictures).

I'm not sure what the issue is tied to, be it my species, complexion or if it's just specific to me, but it's a change which is bothering me greatly since it's drastically altered the appearance of my main character which I play and raid on regularly. Any kind of response would be greatly appreciated, and I'm interested to know if anyone else has noticed chanegs in their characters.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by SamuelAU

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed this too straight away on the char select screen and in game on my male Twi slinger.

I asked my female Twi guildies - they couldn't see any difference on their female chars so they said so perhaps it is restricted to male Twis.

I agree though - it is distracting when you've spent a considerable amount of time getting your character to look 'just so' and then the appearance inexplicably changes.

I noticed this too straight away on the char select screen and in game on my male Twi slinger.

I asked my female Twi guildies - they couldn't see any difference on their female chars so they said so perhaps it is restricted to male Twis.

I agree though - it is distracting when you've spent a considerable amount of time getting your character to look 'just so' and then the appearance inexplicably changes.

Glad I found someone else who was affected!

I asked a friend who also has a male twi'lek and he wasn't affected; however, his 'face' option is different to mine. It would seem not every face/complexion type is different.

Bit of a bump.

I too am currently suffering from this; after thinking that restarting the game may fix it (I got it into my head that it was a graphical error), I resorted to the customization terminal, where I discovered that my original head option was now non-existent. I also submitted an in-game ticket, but I'm really hoping this is just a temporary glitch.

I too am currently suffering from this; after thinking that restarting the game may fix it (I got it into my head that it was a graphical error), I resorted to the customization terminal, where I discovered that my original head option was now non-existent. I also submitted an in-game ticket, but I'm really hoping this is just a temporary glitch.

And for the sake of sanity, before and after shots:

BEFORE

AFTER

I look hideous. :sul_frown:

Oh, drat. Just the other day I was poking around in character creation, and when I got to the male Twi'lek faces I thought, "Wow! Some of these look nicer than I remember!" and made myself a new BT2 guy with face #2. How disappointing (well, for me) that this is apparently a bug. Looks like I should abandon my new Twi'lek fella!

Despite my disappointment, I can definitely understand that it must be really upsetting to have a character you already made and love as-is changed like that, so I hope this issue it is fixed soon! And if it helps any, this doesn't seem to be a problem on my other male BT2 Twi'lek with face #5 (one of the "Asian" face types), or with face #1.

Edited by Gwena

I have the same issue and I think it is restricted to particularly this face type on males. I also raised a tkt in-game and am awaiting response. I also grilled them for the human-ish ears although this is apparently caused by a memory lapse on my end :)

Fingers crossed for a quick fix!

I have the same issue and I think it is restricted to particularly this face type on males. I also raised a tkt in-game and am awaiting response. I also grilled them for the human-ish ears although this is apparently caused by a memory lapse on my end :)

Fingers crossed for a quick fix!

Yeah it's irritating how it's only affected certain face types. No fix as of nina patch 2.5b.

Well, I received a response to my ticket this morning. I was advised the following:

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about your issue. I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

Joyous day; I left them a nasty survey response as a result. The equivalent to "You're SOL" after such a long response time is idiotic and not acceptable. While I'm holding out hope for proper responses to the rest of the tickets submitted by those of you in this thread, I would also prepare to be disappointed.

Welp, I guess my sorcerer is getting shelved until someone gets their head removed from a particular orifice.

Well, I know what they can do at the very least. If they cannot get us our original faces back (why not is beyond me...) then we should at least get the cost of changing the face type on the customization kiosk (80 CC if I'm not mistaken). I personally dislike the new face type very VERY much (mainly because of the eye-line) and would definitely have to change it.

Let's see how they reply to the other tickets and potentially this thread.

Yesterday I encountered an NPC on Alderaan who is a male Twi'lek with the same face option which, for me, has been changed. I tried taking a screenshot during the conversation but it appeared to fail, so I took a snap afterwards, albeit of a poor quality.

http://i.imgur.com/YM8b3Yy.jpg

Hard to see there, but from memory the area around his eyes was unaffected from what I could see during the cutscene. In the screenshot you can make out that the eyebrow area is flat as it should be, compared to what can easily be seen in this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Glthbu5.jpg.

Well, I received a response to my ticket this morning. I was advised the following:

Joyous day; I left them a nasty survey response as a result. The equivalent to "You're SOL" after such a long response time is idiotic and not acceptable. While I'm holding out hope for proper responses to the rest of the tickets submitted by those of you in this thread, I would also prepare to be disappointed.

Welp, I guess my sorcerer is getting shelved until someone gets their head removed from a particular orifice.

I submitted a bug report ticket which received an automated response, telling me that it had been forwarded to quality assurance. I haven't heard anything else and just have to hope that my ticket has been read by a person

Well, I know what they can do at the very least. If they cannot get us our original faces back (why not is beyond me...) then we should at least get the cost of changing the face type on the customization kiosk (80 CC if I'm not mistaken). I personally dislike the new face type very VERY much (mainly because of the eye-line) and would definitely have to change it.

Let's see how they reply to the other tickets and potentially this thread.

Personally I'd be pretty bummed if the faces aren't reverted back to how they are supposed to be; I've been doing high-tier endgame content on my male twi'lek for almost a year now and for the only solution to be changing his face would be pretty disappointing.

Actually, I can confirm that the face is still there. It is face type 1 on twilek male body type 2. For whatever reason we simply got switched to face type 2 but we could definitely reverse it at least through the customization kiosk for 80 CC (50% subscriber discount seemingly applied).

Actually, I can confirm that the face is still there. It is face type 1 on twilek male body type 2. For whatever reason we simply got switched to face type 2 but we could definitely reverse it at least through the customization kiosk for 80 CC (50% subscriber discount seemingly applied).

While the visuals for face option 1 and (I'm calling it) face option 2 are extremely similar, they are not the same. I took a screenshot while using the customization terminal, and while face 1 a step in the right direction, it's still just...wrong.

Current Face 1

Original (Face 2?)

Yes, I know, different lighting and slightly different armor, but the original face had more straight ridges to it (most noticeably the brow). Either way, it's close, but no cigar.

While the visuals for face option 1 and (I'm calling it) face option 2 are extremely similar, they are not the same. I took a screenshot while using the customization terminal, and while face 1 a step in the right direction, it's still just...wrong.

Current Face 1

Original (Face 2?)

Yes, I know, different lighting and slightly different armor, but the original face had more straight ridges to it (most noticeably the brow). Either way, it's close, but no cigar.

I just had a look at Face 1 as well and agree that it's not the same. Especially on the forehead, which is very bony, there are some noticeable differences.

Noticed this day one of the change but just now got super fed up as I have had 2 updates and it's still not changed back. I have been playing a Twi since the launch of SWG same skin color and closest markings I could get to be my old SWG character. Twi can't wear most masks (well that look alright on us) can't we at least keep the faces we have been looking at in dialogue since launch? Since I first signed up for the newsletter the day this game was announced and the the day I pre ordered my CE I have been giddy about playing a twi. Rant over...Let me be me please bioware :D

Old

New Girly BS....

Still no fix in today's patch.

This issue has persisted for more than 2 weeks now and I'm becoming very discouraged my the apparent lack of any interest or concern from the devs.

Compare that to a bug report about an article of clothing submitted yesterday (see http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707494) which received a dev response in only 18 hours. While I don't dispute the validity of that bug or the concern that OP has over it, this male twi'lek face bug is much more destructive to the look of our characters, who many people including myself play every day and have done so for a long time.

I'll continue posting in this thread until the male twi'leks have had their faces corrected.