Cannot queue for warzones while in queue for starfighter

valeita

I think it was a big mistake to make that choice, I would much rather queue for PvP, Group finder and GSF at the same time. Im now forced to split the pools in half and choose between PvP and GSF, unfortunately, I will be choosing PvP.

I think they should enable queuing for both at the same time.

Disappointed with that. :mad:

• 3 weeks later...
yep big mistake. The servers arent exactly brimming with people to do it all anyway. Splitting us up is a big mistake. SO I have to make a guess whether most are queuing for warzones of Starfighter tonight and if I choose the wrong one well IM stuck in an empty queue while everyone else does the other thing.

This has been brought up before, and the consensus seems to be that this inability to multi-queue is a temporary thing, only for early access (which we technically are in until Feb., don't forget).

As for "why", I would imagine that it has to do with subs being able to access it at one date and preferred at a later date...GSF had to be split off so that it wouldn't interfere with any other Q'ing during the time when only subs had access to it, and the system will (probably) change at full launch.

Its not a mistake. Its fairly obvious in the design. Thats also why other MMO's dont do it. if a queue pops and you enter the warzone or GSF, then if another pops and you want to go in that instead, youve just let the entire team down in the first pop. As well as screwing the queue system over.

If you then say, ' well, remove the second pop if you accept the first', it wouldnt matter as you are were still in the queues, and the system basically has to reset the queue to allow more players to be allocated.

i know i keep comparing to wow, but its really the best comparison. back in vanilla wow, the system did just that, and the queue system was wrecked, and every single pvp battle was highly unbalanced due to queue jumpers.

The current system is fin as it is. It simply needs more population. This can only be achieved by opening up battle availability or cross server queues.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that you REALLY want cross-server queues... :p

Im for ANYTHING that gives us a much more populated base on which to have FP/OPs/GSF battles. Cross server fits the bill exactly. It opens the game up pretty much infinitely. Say a queue takes 10 mins on your home server, with a cross server queue it might takes 10 seconds.