The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Gear..

Lagunaroku

Just wondering but is SWTOR ever going to offer a StarWars gear store for people to buy from? Like collectibles, apparel, mouse pads, mice, keyboards etc etc? Would be nice to have something like that.

P.S. If you do decide to have an online SWTOR Gear Shop and you do carry clothing, PLEASE don't forget to offer stuff in Tall Sizes? :D

I want a plastic version of my characters.

WoW has it, why doesn't SWTOR?

I've never spent a penny on CCs but I'll spend a hundred bucks to bring my Legacy to life!

Well i tell u what, gather a couple thousand bucks, maybe more, depends on just how good and feature u want it to be and do.

Then Go out and Buy a 3D Printer, learn the software and then print out all the characters you want and desire, thats probably how WoW is doing it. I mean really even if they got a manufacturer to make these WoW Characters the Graphics sucks in WoW any how couldn't look much different from a 3D Printer.

Ok WoW people just chill b4 u pop that vessel inside your head. I'm just teasing.... :D

Razer had some licensed SWTOR themed accessories. There is an over-priced mousemat, mouse, keyboard and headset. They look kinda cool tho.

Check Amazon or Razers website, not sure if they're still in production tho, so they'll be even more expensive

I want a plastic version of my characters.

WoW has it, why doesn't SWTOR?

I've never spent a penny on CCs but I'll spend a hundred bucks to bring my Legacy to life!

Hmm, well as i've seen thats not a service of blizzard but a little company printing those figures with a 3d printer, using the informations of the wow armory as reference.

So as long as Bioware is not willing to open an Web API to query items, characters etc. there wont be any possibility for something like that coming to SWTOR. (For that reason you may have a look at this thread and give it a push -> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=561599 - There more people beggin for a WEB API the earlier Bioware may release it :) )

Razer had some licensed SWTOR themed accessories. There is an over-priced mousemat, mouse, keyboard and headset. They look kinda cool tho.

Check Amazon or Razers website, not sure if they're still in production tho, so they'll be even more expensive

Everything they sell is overpriced for casuals.

DISCLAIMER:

I personally would love to see MORE Old Republic merchandise! Mugs! T-shirts! Backpacks! Toys! A plushie Nerf! So, do not take the following comments to mean that I don't want these things, too.

----------

The difference between Blizzard/WoW (for example of game merchandising) and BW/SWTOR is that Blizzard OWNS the Warcraft rights, whereas BW merely licenses the rights to use the Star Wars franchise in their game.

Formerly LucasArts and now Disney OWNS Star Wars, and it would be up to the remains of the former and most of the latter to decide who can market what and when. For BW, I think it smarter to focus on doing what they do best - being a game company - and let LA/Disney and third-party merchandising licensees decide what could or could not be best marketed in relation to the Star Wars franchise in general and The Old Republic era in specific.

So, petitioning BW here about wanting SWTOR merchandise is kind of barking up the wrong tree. It might be more on target to hit up Disney, what remains of LucasArts, or even third-party companies like SteelSeries, JINX (for T-shirts), FigurePrints, and so on.

Speaking of The Old Republic, there are already books and LEGOs for The Old Republic era, and if you would like to send a message to the powers that be that there is money to be made here I suggest you buy at least some of these items. Remember, companies are there to make money - big, fat stacks of money; fulfilling your wants is only an incidental byproduct of that. Cold, I know, but true.