SOUND LOSS in Galactic Starfighter

jankiel

I have no sounds during battle.

The same bug that has been posted in the Public Test servers around 3 weeks ago. Has there been no way to fix it since then? A patch realese with no bugs would be to much ask eh? :(

Bug description from the PTS

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6974400

When will we XP users get a fix?

Edited by jankiel

• Dev Post
I have no sounds during battle.

The same bug that has been posted in the Public Test servers around 3 weeks ago. Has there been no way to fix it since then? A patch realese with no bugs would be to much ask eh? :(

Bug description from the PTS

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6974400

When will we XP users get a fix?

I realized I forgot to update the Known Issues in the Bug Report forum! It has been updated now as well and you can find this issue on there. Thank you for the report.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=641546

-eric

I can't use Ctrl+S in GS as this toggles sound on/off, despite I rebinded that action already in the ground game to Insert key 2 years ago.

It seems GS stores its own hotkey for this action, kept separate from the normal hotkeys. Oh while we are at it. Please if it technical possible (which I doubt at this point), can we store hotkey configuration data locally instead on the server, like everything else?

Edited by Dragoon-

Joke is SWTOR dosen't run on anything other then XP on my machine :D

Other then that XP is still listed as supported by the game so meh.

Hum I've been running 7 since the RC was out on everything including weird laptops without issues, hands down the best Windows ever.

Anyway, it's listed as supported, so BW should probably keep their stuff running until April 8, 2014 and then drop support… because, you know, Windows XP won't have any support whatsoever after April 8, and it's a safe assumption that on that day, some really cute zero-day exploits will go public. If you still run XP after that date, you're a liability to the internet!

Edited by Laurreth

I can't use Ctrl+S in GS as this toggles sound on/off, despite I rebinded that action already in the ground game to Insert key 2 years ago.

It seems GS stores its own hotkey for this action, kept separate from the normal hotkeys. Oh while we are at it. Please if it technical possible (which I doubt at this point), can we store hotkey configuration data locally instead on the server, like everything else?

UI config is client side already, but yes need that too

Hum I've been running 7 since the RC was out on everything including weird laptops without issues, hands down the best Windows ever.

Anyway, it's listed as supported, so BW should probably keep their stuff running until April 8, 2014 and then drop support… because, you know, Windows XP won't have any support whatsoever after April 8, and it's a safe assumption that on that day, some really cute zero-day exploits will go public. If you still run XP after that date, you're a liability to the internet!

Apart from the security issue, you rather sound like someone who wants people to buy more Microsoft products.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Never. Windows XP is dead. Deal with it. Fixing sound for an outdated system that with each year becomes even more outdated is never going to happen. Especially when it concerns an unpopular part of the game such as GSF.

No one else posted in this thread for 1.5 years, it's like only you who remained an XP hipster.

This reminds me early of 2000s when people used to claim that "XP sux and runs games poorly". They wanted to be hipsters before even hipsters were popular, so they kept their precious Windows 98 on their computers while the rest of the world was progressing further with new systems.

It's more important to the players than a bunch of re-skinned cartel market items.

Sorry but what? Hahaha. I see questions concerning the CM every day. People constantly ask when new packs or armors are going to be released while no one gives a damn about fixing GSF sound in Windows XP except you and maybe two or three other people who remained in the stone age.

You are beating a dead horse and this necro-thread is ridiculous.

Edited by PavSalco