What is the "Polite" way to invite people to a guild? (HELP)

Fivey

Really, some people don't mind it when you whisper some random people, but I certainly do.

I'm questing and someone whispers me what is effectively a paragraph of information about a guild I didn't want to know about? Worse is when I tell them no and that the spam was unnecessary they get mad and /ignore me. That's happened once before..

Best way, in my opinion, without being annoying is to post your guild on the guild forums. If someone wants to join the guild they'll look you up.

I may just get annoyed easily.

When I first started my guild, I would whisper people "Are you interesting in joining a guild?" I only did this on the starting & capital planets, and only people who were not in a guild. If they responded positively, then we'd chat. I had a lot of "no, thanks" and a lot of non-responses, but never did anyone curse at me. If someone's sending you hate messages you need to /ignore them.

What I do now that we have good membership numbers, over 50 is good, is to post ONCE in general chat, and ask people to whisper me. Sometimes I get a response, and sometimes I don't. Rarely does anyone call me a spammer in general since I post only ONCE, and after 10 minutes I leave the planet and move on. I still only do this on the lower planets, since more people are unguilded. On higher level planets people are usually guilded or just not interested.

My message is short, and only specifies a few things. I don't go into details until someone responds. Make sure your spelling and grammar are correct. I don't respond to trolls in general chat, either. You can also watch general chat, as nasty as it may be, and you'll find folks looking for a guild. Once I went to Tython for a totally different purpose and ended up adding 10 new members. It also helps to watch general chat for a few minutes before posting your message to see the kind of people you may not want in your guild.

Edited by Gidrea

Don't just spam the invite:

A) That is really *********** rude, I don't see why people don't get this. (Or why many players have the auto-reject for guild invites turned on as a result of same.)

B) Most experienced gamers see that, and assume that you're just trying to pad your guild's numbers.

Edited by midianlord

I would like a whisper first that contextualizes why I am getting invited at all. Only once in the history of my MMO experience did a random guild invite end up being a good thing (Ice Dragons Dark Age of Camelot, hiiiiiii).

So, I just reject every random request outright and laugh at some of the names.

Make sure your guild name is something kewl, it should have the name of the server you play on in it so that it looks more official. If the guild name is already taken, just put an X-x around it. Also it is best if you don't capitalize any of the letters in your guild name, but if you must then make the entire guild name UPPERCASE or MiXeD CaSe, these methods tell everyone that you're kewl and that they should join your guild.

When inviting people it is best just to use /who to see who is on your planet, and /ginvite people directly. Simply putting your guild ad in general chat is going to miss some people who have general chat turned off, so contacting them directly benefits you and them both. Another strategy that works well is to run around the starter area and invite anyone you see without a guild tag. The majority of these players are new to the game and don't even know what a guild is, so you are helping them out.

When you are forming your guild automatically make everyone who joins early an officer. Everyone knows that these are the best people to run a guild and oversee others. Also make sure to change the names of your guild ranks to military ranks if your character is a trooper, or if you are a force using class then you should name your ranks after the jedi/sith rank hierarchy. All of these things speak kewl to people.

Also important is setting up a teamspeak, mumble, or ventrilo server because it is most important that everyone talk to the girls in the guild. This is especially important while everyone in your guild is levelling up their characters and you are not raiding. If someone doesn't use your voice chat server then they are not kewl and should not be afforded any promotions within the guild.

Guild promotions should be based on how often people agree with what you have to say in guild chat, and anyone that has more level 55's than you do is a threat and should be kicked from the guild in order to secure your position as guild leader. This ties in directly with running raids; because you are the guild leader you are the most qualified person to fill this role. Because you are leading the raid, and because you are the guild master, you also should get first dibs on drops, even if you just plan on ripping out one of the mods and vendoring the shell.

It is also really important to setup a guild website on one of the free hosting services and then require everyone in your guild to "register" there. The really kewl guilds setup a Facebook group that you must join, this way you can see who they are in real life and they can proudly show all their friends and future employers that they are part of a kewl guild in a video game.

Make sure your guild name is something kewl, it should have the name of the server you play on in it so that it looks more official. If the guild name is already taken, just put an X-x around it. Also it is best if you don't capitalize any of the letters in your guild name, but if you must then make the entire guild name UPPERCASE or MiXeD CaSe, these methods tell everyone that you're kewl and that they should join your guild.

When inviting people it is best just to use /who to see who is on your planet, and /ginvite people directly. Simply putting your guild ad in general chat is going to miss some people who have general chat turned off, so contacting them directly benefits you and them both. Another strategy that works well is to run around the starter area and invite anyone you see without a guild tag. The majority of these players are new to the game and don't even know what a guild is, so you are helping them out.

When you are forming your guild automatically make everyone who joins early an officer. Everyone knows that these are the best people to run a guild and oversee others. Also make sure to change the names of your guild ranks to military ranks if your character is a trooper, or if you are a force using class then you should name your ranks after the jedi/sith rank hierarchy. All of these things speak kewl to people.

Also important is setting up a teamspeak, mumble, or ventrilo server because it is most important that everyone talk to the girls in the guild. This is especially important while everyone in your guild is levelling up their characters and you are not raiding. If someone doesn't use your voice chat server then they are not kewl and should not be afforded any promotions within the guild.

Guild promotions should be based on how often people agree with what you have to say in guild chat, and anyone that has more level 55's than you do is a threat and should be kicked from the guild in order to secure your position as guild leader. This ties in directly with running raids; because you are the guild leader you are the most qualified person to fill this role. Because you are leading the raid, and because you are the guild master, you also should get first dibs on drops, even if you just plan on ripping out one of the mods and vendoring the shell.

It is also really important to setup a guild website on one of the free hosting services and then require everyone in your guild to "register" there. The really kewl guilds setup a Facebook group that you must join, this way you can see who they are in real life and they can proudly show all their friends and future employers that they are part of a kewl guild in a video game.

Ohhhh that's gold, I just fell off my chair laughing hahahhaaa.

I search the "who" list for people without a guild. I usually put in a certain level (ie. 55) to reduce the result set, then change the "comment" field to "guild" and sort that field. All the characters online without a guild at the moment at that level will rise to the top of the list.

I then whisper them the following message:

"Hi, [their name], I noticed you don't have a guild. <Guild Name>, a sociable & friendly guild, is currently recruiting. 10% Rep/XP Bonus, guild bank, full weekly calendar. Web Regist. & Teamspeak required. Interested?"

I've had a lot of success with that.

Note: to copy their name, click on their name in the "who" list, then whisper. Highlight their name, then Ctrl+C (copy) and Ctrl+V (paste) their name in the message. It will copy their name character for character; even odd characters.