Watcher X...?

Eriias

So I've recently restarted playing my Imperial Agent after a long break from playing the game (more than a year) and I'm running into the problem of I literally don't remember what's happening, and it's rather difficult to search without ruining the rest of the story, so maybe some of you can help me out.

I just finished the intro to Chapter 2 on Nar Shadaa, and at the end I got a weird message thing from "Watcher X" (whom I then googled and realized it was that one guy I accidentally killed even though I didn't mean to chose that option...that was a bad time). I'm just thoroughly confused because I'm quite sure I killed him, so....how is he in my brain? Or talking at all? Is that an option if I didn't kill him, is this a bug, or is this a side effect of the other brain-messing things happening to my character at this point?

^spoilers up till start of chp 2

So I've recently restarted playing my Imperial Agent after a long break from playing the game (more than a year) and I'm running into the problem of I literally don't remember what's happening, and it's rather difficult to search without ruining the rest of the story, so maybe some of you can help me out.

I just finished the intro to Chapter 2 on Nar Shadaa, and at the end I got a weird message thing from "Watcher X" (whom I then googled and realized it was that one guy I accidentally killed even though I didn't mean to chose that option...that was a bad time). I'm just thoroughly confused because I'm quite sure I killed him, so....how is he in my brain? Or talking at all? Is that an option if I didn't kill him, is this a bug, or is this a side effect of the other brain-messing things happening to my character at this point?

^spoilers up till start of chp 2

The actual explanation for how he is talking to you is a mystery of the game. He's either 1)part of a program that he may have installed in you when he performed spinal surgery, or 2) a complete hallucination as a result of the mind control serum that is wrecking your brain. I've asked the writer - he would rather leave it to people to decide for themselves.

You will talk to him in that way regardless if you kill him or let him live, though if you kill him he does say something about that.

Personally I've always liked to believe he never really dies, even if he's killed in your story. I never did see anyone pick up his body. :p He's a really cool character, I would have liked him to make a re-appearance in the future.

The actual explanation for how he is talking to you is a mystery of the game. He's either 1)part of a program that he may have installed in you when he performed spinal surgery, or 2) a complete hallucination as a result of the mind control serum that is wrecking your brain. I've asked the writer - he would rather leave it to people to decide for themselves.

You will talk to him in that way regardless if you kill him or let him live, though if you kill him he does say something about that.

Personally I've always liked to believe he never really dies, even if he's killed in your story. I never did see anyone pick up his body. :p He's a really cool character, I would have liked him to make a re-appearance in the future.

In my story, he said it was the chip in my spine that allowed him to appear.(Said from Watcher X himself.)

Correction, he says, maybe its the chip in your spine, maybe you're insane. Personally, I like to think that the agent is actually force sensitive to some small degree. This is further confirmed on Voss by all of the class related visions and personal healing you go through. It would also explain how the agent essentially ends up re programming themselves and why they have visions throughout acts 2 and 3 (some of which don't concern watcher x).

Correction, he says, maybe its the chip in your spine, maybe you're insane. Personally, I like to think that the agent is actually force sensitive to some small degree. This is further confirmed on Voss by all of the class related visions and personal healing you go through. It would also explain how the agent essentially ends up re programming themselves and why they have visions throughout acts 2 and 3 (some of which don't concern watcher x).

^ Yep. I've played the agent 3 times, it's completely ambiguous. :p And like I said, I even asked the author about it.

About the idea of being force sensitive, it's been shown in various SW novels that certain kinds of contact or traumatic events can bring out small degrees of force sensitivity in some people. (Jorj Car'das, for instance). If you take your Legacy abilities seriously, then I guess it's true. ;) I wouldn't use the Voss story necessarily as proof for that, though.

You could also surmise that you retained some subconscious memories of the reprogramming that you were able to resurface.