The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sith Empire vs Galactic Empire

BacaWicket

The SE doesn't have enough to counteract the super weapons of the Death Star or Galaxy Gun, no one in the TOR timeframe has shown planetary level destruction. When I mean planetary level destruction....I mean, it's gone.

Unless I have missed something where a Sith Lord destroyed a world or w/e using nothing but The Force, then I don't see it happening. Because the only two people I have seen be on a planetary level are Sidious and Luke.

You havent played KOTOR 2 then. Darth Nihilus almost destroyed the Jedi Order following the Jedi Civil War when the last surviving masters gathered on the planet Katarr for a Conclave, which you can read more about here. Nihilus consumed all life on the planet in a manner similar to

how Darth Vitiate planned to do in TOR.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel that's a very accurate evidence, those troopers to whom you refer were elite Republic Special Forces unit far superior to your average soldier, and on top of that they had years of experience fighting Force Sensitive warriors.

Yet despite that if not for the entry of Satele Shan they would have been destroyed, after the intial butt kicking you see several scenes of them getting chopped down. And I doubt those Sith who suffered blows to the head or got thrown over shoulders died. The troopers however most certainly.

How do you feel an average Stormtrooper would compare? I certainly doubt they'd be capable of charging in that manner. They are not Special Forces, and they have no experience against Force Sensitive opponents. Nor do they favour close combat tactics which are clearly what is effective against these guys, they are ranged. And all the Sith will do is charge in, deflect their blaster fire, and hack them into shreds. One Sith could decimate a squadron.

And then you have their ground troops, who in all honesty are likely superior to Stormtroopers. Yes they are elite soldiers but they were no Clone Troopers, the strength of the Imperial Military was in its numbers not its skill, and you simply can't expect troopers being enlisted all over the galaxy to be of continual exceptional skill.

On the other hand it was mandatory for all Imperial citizens to undergo military training and altogether they had an extremely martial society. For that reason they'd likely on par with a Clone Trooper, given both had very military drive lives, accept they would have none of the disadvantages of non-independent thought.

Ok so it takes an elite troop to aim and fire a blaster at a guy charging at you with a lightsaber who doesn't bother to defend themself?

Yes it was havoc squad and yes they would probably have experience fighting Force Sensitives. But those Sith warriors didn't show anything that suggests Stormtroopers wouldn't be able to kill them. All those Havoc guys did was fire their blasters, Stormtroopers fire blasters ya know, they are elite troops themselves and they have shown to have good aiming when not bogged down by plot.

But ok, there are other better trained Stormtroopers if you wanna go another route. The GE does have their many special forces too.

Throw in the vehicles for the GE such as the AT-ST, AT-AT, repulsor tank and so on so on, they have better ground equipment then I have seen of the SE.

I'm not saying the Sith Warriors aren't good, if they close the gap then sure they would be able to take down Stormtroopers...but that is the problem for them. They would have to close the distance.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

You havent played KOTOR 2 then. Darth Nihilus almost destroyed the Jedi Order following the Jedi Civil War when the last surviving masters gathered on the planet Katarr for a Conclave, which you can read more about here. Nihilus consumed all life on the planet in a manner similar to

how Darth Vitiate planned to do in TOR.

I'm speaking of the TOR timeframe and Nihilus didn't destroy the planet Katarr, all he did was drain the life from it. Sure that is planetary level, but Nihilus isn't apart of the Sith Empire.

I'm speaking of the TOR timeframe and Nihilus didn't destroy the planet Katarr, all he did was drain the life from it. Sure that is planetary level, but Nihilus isn't apart of the Sith Empire.

Wait, you're speaking of the TOR timeframe only? I thought the topic was Sith Empire vs. Galactic Empire.....

The Sith Empire we are currently fighting(or supporting) is the same Sith Empire ruled by Marka Ragnos for almost 2,500 + years prior. While Lord Nihilus was certainly not part of that Empire(that we know of), he was still a Dark Lord of the Sith. When they refer to him consuming all life on the planet, it wasn't just sentient life. He consumed the Force from that planet and left a void similar to the one that plagued Meetra Surik as she came back to the galaxy following the events of the Jedi Civil War.

Wait, you're speaking of the TOR timeframe only? I thought the topic was Sith Empire vs. Galactic Empire.....

The Sith Empire we are currently fighting(or supporting) is the same Sith Empire ruled by Marka Ragnos for almost 2,500 + years prior. While Lord Nihilus was certainly not part of that Empire(that we know of), he was still a Dark Lord of the Sith. When they refer to him consuming all life on the planet, it wasn't just sentient life. He consumed the Force from that planet and left a void similar to the one that plagued Meetra Surik as she came back to the galaxy following the events of the Jedi Civil War.

Well that's the Empire I am assuming the OP means is who the GE is fighting lol.

Well that's the Empire I am assuming the OP means is who the GE is fighting lol.

Wait lol.

The OP said Galactic Empire, not Republic. That's the Empire under Darth Sidious almost 3400 years after TOR. The Sith Empire is just a continuation of Ragnos' Empire, under which Vitiate was an Apprentice.

Edited by DarknessInLight

Wait lol.

The OP said Galactic Empire, not Republic. That's the Empire under Darth Sidious almost 3400 years after TOR. The Sith Empire is just a continuation of Ragnos' Empire, under which Vitiate was an Apprentice.

Yes I know, which is fighting against the Sith Empire of the TOR era. Or at least that is what I am guessing what the OP meant when he was saying Sith Empire.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ok so it takes an elite troop to aim and fire a blaster at a guy charging at you with a lightsaber who doesn't bother to defend themself?

Yes it was havoc squad and yes they would probably have experience fighting Force Sensitives. But those Sith warriors didn't show anything that suggests Stormtroopers wouldn't be able to kill them. All those Havoc guys did was fire their blasters, Stormtroopers fire blasters ya know, they are elite troops themselves and they have shown to have good aiming when not bogged down by plot.

But ok, there are other better trained Stormtroopers if you wanna go another route. The GE does have their many special forces too.

Throw in the vehicles for the GE such as the AT-ST, AT-AT, repulsor tank and so on so on, they have better ground equipment then I have seen of the SE.

I'm not saying the Sith Warriors aren't good, if they close the gap then sure they would be able to take down Stormtroopers...but that is the problem for them. They would have to close the distance.

You need to be careful not to foist your own interpretation on visual media. I've only just had time to watch it and I couldn't really make out anything other than the over the shoulder move. Are a few blurred images really solid evidence for saying the Sith are incapable of defending themselves? No. They are trained in Soresu.

And remember these are elite troopers, yes it takes a elite soldier to aim a rifle and shoot a Sith. What the hell do you think they train them to do? Shoot of course! These troopers have better accuracy, reflexes etc. and when a line of Sith are charging towards them you expect at least one to get shot down. And that's all you seemed to manage to count.

And yet did he get back up? Considering that his armor is designed to withstand blaster bolts its more than likely that he did. And also considering that without Satele's help they would have been massacred... well you get the idea.

So given that against a wave of Sith members of the Republic Special Forces (who are basically the equivalent of Delta Squad) could only take down one of two Sith - who probably weren't killed - before they closed the gap - I'd say that a squadron of Stormtroopers of the same number would fail to take down any and be swiftly massacred.

But concerning ground equipment, if we are considering these powers to be technologically equal I wouldn't jump to conclusions - the Empire likely have more versatility but the Sith have some powerful armament, such as tanks capable of producing shield generators and wave upon wave of battle droids armed with heavy cannons.

They also have walkers (though class and specifications have yet to be specified) of both small and large size and according to the SWTOR Enclyopedia "When a full formation of Imperial armor sets out towards an objective, practically nothing can stand in their way." - I'd assume these vehicles were quite formidable.

And furthering the notion that we are considering these powers on the same technological spectrum: "The armies of the Sith Empire are a masterpiece of military ingenuity. Their training is effective as it is efficient. Their equipment is second to none... few military forces in the galaxy can match the coordination, skill and aggression of the Imperial infantry."

And with the Sith on board, the Sith Empire certainly has the tactical advantage on the ground.

You need to be careful not to foist your own interpretation on visual media. I've only just had time to watch it and I couldn't really make out anything other than the over the shoulder move. Are a few blurred images really solid evidence for saying the Sith are incapable of defending themselves? No. They are trained in Soresu.

And remember these are elite troopers, yes it takes a elite soldier to aim a rifle and shoot a Sith. What the hell do you think they train them to do? Shoot of course! These troopers have better accuracy, reflexes etc. and when a line of Sith are charging towards them you expect at least one to get shot down. And that's all you seemed to manage to count.

And yet did he get back up? Considering that his armor is designed to withstand blaster bolts its more than likely that he did. And also considering that without Satele's help they would have been massacred... well you get the idea.

So given that against a wave of Sith members of the Republic Special Forces (who are basically the equivalent of Delta Squad) could only take down one of two Sith - who probably weren't killed - before they closed the gap - I'd say that a squadron of Stormtroopers of the same number would fail to take down any and be swiftly massacred.

But concerning ground equipment, if we are considering these powers to be technologically equal I wouldn't jump to conclusions - the Empire likely have more versatility but the Sith have some powerful armament, such as tanks capable of producing shield generators and wave upon wave of battle droids armed with heavy cannons.

They also have walkers (though class and specifications have yet to be specified) of both small and large size and according to the SWTOR Enclyopedia "When a full formation of Imperial armor sets out towards an objective, practically nothing can stand in their way." - I'd assume these vehicles were quite formidable.

And furthering the notion that we are considering these powers on the same technological spectrum: "The armies of the Sith Empire are a masterpiece of military ingenuity. Their training is effective as it is efficient. Their equipment is second to none... few military forces in the galaxy can match the coordination, skill and aggression of the Imperial infantry."

And with the Sith on board, the Sith Empire certainly has the tactical advantage on the ground.

Well ok then so it does take an elite trooper to aim and fire a blaster. Well guess what Stormtroopers are? Elite troops!

The point being is that they still got shot is what I am saying, not like they wouldn't get shot again as they got up or whatever.

The OP said nothing about tech being equal, so bringing up that rule isn't working and now were gonna bring up speculation that the walkers the SE used are gonna be greater than what the GE can bring to bear?

The battle droids the SE used during the battle were taken out by grenades, something which Stormtroopers do have. Not to mention that they have powerful E-webs and so forth, nothing that I see the SE droids would be able to handle.

More to that, what tank does the SE have that can produce shields?

But here let me show ya some stuff...

This is what one of their thermal detonators do

Well placed neck shot..

Here....

Here...2

Outnumbered...

10 to 1

Yes the Amanin aren't Sith Warriors dressed in heavy armor, but that isn't the point. Point is to show though, they have aiming, they show strategy in taking down a superior foe in numbers. The Amanin can roll 31 miles per hour to close in distances and the Imperial Stormtroopers were able to take them out even as they got right ontop of them.

When they were running low on supplies and had fewer men, they did that. Now just imagine the Imperial infantry having better vehicle support and more supplies.

Again the Amanin aren't Sith Warriors, but it's not like they can just shrug off blaster fire even with their heavy armor....sure they could be knocked down and get back up...but they could still be shot until they fell permanently.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm going to say it again, just point the Galaxy Gun at any planet foolish enough to join the Sith Empire and fire!

But if I must participate in this foolishness, then I will.

Or the Death Star....or BOTH! OVERKILL! Though I would love your imput personally.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Or the Death Star....or BOTH! OVERKILL! Though I would love your imput personally.

My input? Well first I would tell you to bring out the big guns. And I do mean guns. E-Webs and missile tubes. Then we discuss vehicles. The nigh impenetrable hull of the AT-ATs for starters, then we bring out the secret Annihilator Droids on Byss.

Finally we discuss special forces, to which I would point everyone to your threads.

My input? Well first I would tell you to bring out the big guns. And I do mean guns. E-Webs and missile tubes. Then we discuss vehicles. The nigh impenetrable hull of the AT-ATs for starters, then we bring out the secret Annihilator Droids on Byss.

Finally we discuss special forces, to which I would point everyone to your threads.

Well the Scorpeneks were deactivated. But yes they have superior vehicles too, plus Dark Troopers...which I guess you could count as droids, or at least the Phase 2 trooper anyway.

Well ok then so it does take an elite trooper to aim and fire a blaster. Well guess what Stormtroopers are? Elite troops!

The point being is that they still got shot is what I am saying, not like they wouldn't get shot again as they got up or whatever.

The OP said nothing about tech being equal, so bringing up that rule isn't working and now were gonna bring up speculation that the walkers the SE used are gonna be greater than what the GE can bring to bear?

The battle droids the SE used during the battle were taken out by grenades, something which Stormtroopers do have. Not to mention that they have powerful E-webs and so forth, nothing that I see the SE droids would be able to handle.

More to that, what tank does the SE have that can produce shields?

But here let me show ya some stuff...

This is what one of their thermal detonators do

Well placed neck shot..

Here....

Here...2

Outnumbered...

10 to 1

Yes the Amanin aren't Sith Warriors dressed in heavy armor, but that isn't the point. Point is to show though, they have aiming, they show strategy in taking down a superior foe in numbers. The Amanin can roll 31 miles per hour to close in distances and the Imperial Stormtroopers were able to take them out even as they got right ontop of them.

When they were running low on supplies and had fewer men, they did that. Now just imagine the Imperial infantry having better vehicle support and more supplies.

Again the Amanin aren't Sith Warriors, but it's not like they can just shrug off blaster fire even with their heavy armor....sure they could be knocked down and get back up...but they could still be shot until they fell permanently.

I'm not saying that the Stormtroopers are chumps, but they are certainly inferior the Special Force units - and look how they fared against the Sith - not brilliantly. The Stromtroopers imply aren't as effective, simple as.

Neither am I saying that the SE's battle droids are invincible, but they certainly give the SE an edge in terms of firepower. Given the fact that they can and were produced in massive quantities.

Thought I don't think its wise to assume that the GE were somehow unique in the usage of mounted weaponry, which is pretty basic and standard in the Star Wars universe. Hardly special.

Nor am I saying that the SE's veichles are superior to the GE - just that they possess them and that they are just as formidable and effective on the battlefield, and the SE are therefore not to be underestimated in that category.

Anyway if technology is not universal, and superweapons are allowed - this debate is purposeless. That said its not an organised debate and I'm just giving my opinions on this particular platform.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well the Scorpeneks were deactivated. But yes they have superior vehicles too, plus Dark Troopers...which I guess you could count as droids, or at least the Phase 2 trooper anyway.

I don't think they were. Several of them found their way to Byss, but I forget why. Could be for research.

I'm not saying that the Stormtroopers are chumps, but they are certainly inferior the Special Force units - and look how they fared against the Sith - not brilliantly. The Stromtroopers imply aren't as effective, simple as.

Neither am I saying that the SE's battle droids are invincible, but they certainly give the SE an edge in terms of firepower. Given the fact that they can and were produced in massive quantities.

Thought I don't think its wise to assume that the GE were somehow unique in the usage of mounted weaponry, which is pretty basic and standard in the Star Wars universe. Hardly special.

Nor am I saying that the SE's veichles are superior to the GE - just that they possess them and that they are just as formidable and effective on the battlefield, and the SE are therefore not to be underestimated in that category.

Anyway if technology is not universal, and superweapons are allowed - this debate is purposeless. That said its not an organised debate and I'm just giving my opinions on this particular platform.

Never said the GE were unique in using mounted weaponry, just that despite an overwhelming force outnumbering them 10 to 1 they were still able to hold their ground and didn't lose it.

Though Havoc squad was getting beaten before Satele showed up, they were able to cause some pretty good damage to the Sith forces and they didn't even have any vehicles to support them. With the GE and Stormtroopers and their vehicles, I could see them pulling through.

Though what vehicles do the SE have?

Also yes this debate is purposeless lol.

well as of now the swtor sith empire has aliens serving its ranks along with many sith while the galactic empire is all racist but they make up for that with superweapons and superior technology (though the sith empire would have had plenty of superweapons too but the sun razer blew up [stupid theron shan:mad:]). the sith empire has the best intelligence agency outsmarting the imperial intelligence of the galactic empire in every way. Because of the Galactic Empire's anti alien policies and tyrranical rule, there would probably be uprisings and riots determined to free their planet from the galactic empire and join the sith; many worlds would allign with the empire. Sorry vader:csw_vader: the sith empire is just too awesome for your mind to handle

well as of now the swtor sith empire has aliens serving its ranks along with many sith while the galactic empire is all racist but they make up for that with superweapons and superior technology (though the sith empire would have had plenty of superweapons too but the sun razer blew up [stupid theron shan:mad:]). the sith empire has the best intelligence agency outsmarting the imperial intelligence of the galactic empire in every way. Because of the Galactic Empire's anti alien policies and tyrranical rule, there would probably be uprisings and riots determined to free their planet from the galactic empire and join the sith; many worlds would allign with the empire. Sorry vader:csw_vader: the sith empire is just too awesome for your mind to handle

If you think that people would revolt from the Galactic Empire, because it has *evil sith leadership* (which causes much of the empire's negatives) do you really think they would go join an empire that doesn't have just two....but tens of thousands of them? For the most part, the Galactic Empire was a dramatic improvement over the Republic in almost every way, despite the fact there was less freedom. During the GE's reign they were able to greatly impose peace across its sectors, and was able to stem most pirate groups. For the most part, their citizens are content and safe. They have less to fear than during the Republics time, unless they step out of line, then they have every right to be afraid of the GE. The Galactic Empire was a brutal, Sith Tyrannic Dictatorship. It was Devastatingly Effective.

Most rebellions were of people who had crossed the line and were scum of the galaxy, attempting to take more than what they were allotted. They were swiftly crushed. Few were like the Rebel Alliance which came later, unlike the others, this rebellion actually had a "soul" a reason to fight, and this attracted many sentient's across the galaxy to sympathize with them. The RA was able to defeat the GE due to them eventually winning the hearts of the people. While they lacked the ability to keep its members safe like the majority of the GE's own territory, they promised fair treatment no matter their social rank. They were tolerant, less strict. They cared for its members. If the majority of the people support one side over the other, and both draw from the same pool, it does not matter how advanced or powerful your ships are, you have not the man power, logistics, or even economy to make use of it all. It wasn't helped either that after Endor the pool was not divided between two different sides, it was divided between a united side, and dozens of small, fractured sides of very limited size and power. Add that to the fact that these small factions warred with each other as well as the larger faction *RA due to public support %* and it really is no wonder that the RA was able to push the GE out of its own space.

As for the Imperial Intelligence vs Sith Intelligence... I must severely disagree with SI being better than the II. And yes, i have played through the SI story, but in my opinion of what i have seen of both, the II is much more effective, as well as more wide spread. The II may have less "super agents" but then, what is the purpose of an Intelligence agency? It is not their job to fight their governments enemies, but to simply gather information and relay it to their HQ, where it then would be added to the Intelligence database. The II are far more effective when it comes to gathering that Intel, where the SI are much more skilled at eliminating targets and countering enemy movements.

To wrap it up, lets go back to the Galactic Empire and its treatment of citizens. Sure, it ruled through an iron fist, and the Death Star was meant to install fear into a population. However, to most loyal and well behaved citizens these facts barely phased them, due to it having nothing to do with them as long as they kept themselves clean. If the Galactic Empire was as "evil" (leadership excluded) as people believe, then why is it they are constantly having trillions of citizens signing up to serve the Empire as stormtroopers, the soldiers who defended their homes from those who would cause harm to the Empire's loyal citizens, and instill fear into its enemies.

P.S. almost forgot to mention the alien species. Neither treats them well, however the SI and GE seem to follow one common rule regarding them in their military. If they are competent, they may serve, if they are not, they are sent some where useful. For example, the Chiss for the SI are usually competent, sometimes even elite, troops that are used to great effect. The GE on the other hand often use alien species for things that do not include combat, such as maintenance, construction, or other similar duties. It is only in specific cases when the alien in question has proved he is competent in a field that they are promoted above the rest. For example, other than Grand Admiral Thrawn there are very few aliens in the GE military that report for combat related duties.

Edited by Silenceo

almost forgot to mention the alien species. Neither treats them well, however the SI and GE seem to follow one common rule regarding them in their military. If they are competent, they may serve, if they are not, they are sent some where useful. For example, the Chiss for the SI are usually competent, sometimes even elite, troops that are used to great effect. The GE on the other hand often use alien species for things that do not include combat, such as maintenance, construction, or other similar duties. It is only in specific cases when the alien in question has proved he is competent in a field that they are promoted above the rest. For example, other than Grand Admiral Thrawn there are very few aliens in the GE military that report for combat related duties.

after malgus's revolution like minded sith like marr allowed aliens to join their ranks and in the makeb story there was even a cathar as part of your team to get isotope 5

If you think that people would revolt from the Galactic Empire, because it has *evil sith leadership* (which causes much of the empire's negatives) do you really think they would go join an empire that doesn't have just two....but tens of thousands of them? For the most part, the Galactic Empire was a dramatic improvement over the Republic in almost every way, despite the fact there was less freedom. During the GE's reign they were able to greatly impose peace across its sectors, and was able to stem most pirate groups. For the most part, their citizens are content and safe. They have less to fear than during the Republics time, unless they step out of line, then they have every right to be afraid of the GE. The Galactic Empire was a brutal, Sith Tyrannic Dictatorship. It was Devastatingly Effective.

1,000 sith >2 sith. Bane was wrong. Do you really think that there weren't terrorist networks orchestrating bombings on imperial targets to free their world? Sure the empire is kinda tough to live with but at least it didn't try to wipe out the jews oh wait that was the the Nazis. They're so similar, i get them confused:o *smacks palm on face*. Palp was a bid noob, he was dumb enough to shut down all of the battle droids of the cis for good when he could have set them asside for in case a rebellion formed to destroy the empire for good. when revealing the plans for the death star 2, dont say that there is a shield generator, complete the ds2 before boasting to the rebs and saying "HAY REBS GUSS WAHT, IM GUNNUH BLOW U UP WITH MAH AWESOME DS2 WHEN I FISH IT", and most importantly don't put a reactor shaft in your throne room. The point is racist palp is a noob and letting alien joiner malgus is awesome.

Most rebellions were of people who had crossed the line and were scum of the galaxy, attempting to take more than what they were allotted. They were swiftly crushed. Few were like the Rebel Alliance which came later, unlike the others, this rebellion actually had a "soul" a reason to fight, and this attracted many sentient's across the galaxy to sympathize with them. The RA was able to defeat the GE due to them eventually winning the hearts of the people. While they lacked the ability to keep its members safe like the majority of the GE's own territory, they promised fair treatment no matter their social rank. They were tolerant, less strict. They cared for its members. If the majority of the people support one side over the other, and both draw from the same pool, it does not matter how advanced or powerful your ships are, you have not the man power, logistics, or even economy to make use of it all. It wasn't helped either that after Endor the pool was not divided between two different sides, it was divided between a united side, and dozens of small, fractured sides of very limited size and power. Add that to the fact that these small factions warred with each other as well as the larger faction *RA due to public support %* and it really is no wonder that the RA was able to push the GE out of its own space.

people sympathsized with the rebels because it offered freedom from a racist, unfair taxing, and intolerant Emperor. Malgus rebelled against the Empire because he looked at the problems of the empire and he made the move on illum and took the crystal fleet. He believed that tolerance brought strength. In the 2 flashpoints battle of illum and false emperor, there were non-humans fighting imps and pubs on malgus's behalf. I don't think sales tax was 500% unlike in the galactic empire where the galactic imperial cicizen had less than minimal wage for amereica today (i maybe exaggerating but i dont know)

As for the Imperial Intelligence vs Sith Intelligence... I must severely disagree with SI being better than the II. And yes, i have played through the SI story, but in my opinion of what i have seen of both, the II is much more effective, as well as more wide spread. The II may have less "super agents" but then, what is the purpose of an Intelligence agency? It is not their job to fight their governments enemies, but to simply gather information and relay it to their HQ, where it then would be added to the Intelligence database. The II are far more effective when it comes to gathering that Intel, where the SI are much more skilled at eliminating targets and countering enemy movements.

Sith Imperial Intelligence had numerous agents working in neutral and Republic territory. In fact, they might have even found Tython!:eek: The agents in this organization were skilled at assasinating enemies of the empire as well as gathering information. They quickly eliminated any threat to the Empire which was not limited to outside threats. Galactic Imperial Intelligence on the other hand focused on pure Intelligence work: spying in enemy territory, gathering information, and spreading false information much like the SIS(strategic information service)of the republic. I can easily imagine that although it is quite clear, sith imperial intelligence> galactic intelligence in every way, GI and SI will have a difficult time defeating each other and will actually have to study the other indirectly

To wrap it up, lets go back to the Galactic Empire and its treatment of citizens. Sure, it ruled through an iron fist, and the Death Star was meant to install fear into a population. However, to most loyal and well behaved citizens these facts barely phased them, due to it having nothing to do with them as long as they kept themselves clean. If the Galactic Empire was as "evil" (leadership excluded) as people believe, then why is it they are constantly having trillions of citizens signing up to serve the Empire as stormtroopers, the soldiers who defended their homes from those who would cause harm to the Empire's loyal citizens, and instill fear into its enemies.

Yeah, I'm sure they had to live with beating up on aliens like nazis beating up jews. How many stormtroopers do you think left the empire after they blew up alderaan? Did any of them defect to the rebels because they were discusted with the indiscriminant damage directed towards rebels killing civilians?

My point is, I'd rather fight for the sith empire than for the galactic empire

Here is some information about special technological innovations of the reconstituted ancient Sith Empire:-

Superweapons:-

The Desolator:

Modified Harrower-class flagship, capable of destroying entire worlds with a single shot.

The Silencer:

Modified Harrower-class flagship, capable of destroying entire fleets quickly.

Technological marvels:-

• Ascendant Spear (Super-destroyer, capable of one-shotting other cruisers; incredibly fast)

• Undying (Super-destroyer; mysterious capabilities)

• Emperor's shadow (Lightspeed canon; capable of eliminating targets in hyperspace)

• Gauntlet (Super cloaking device)

Super manufacturing facilities:-

Sun Razer:

Based on the concept of Star Forge, this special weapons manufacturing facility could produce technological marvels and superweapons in a short period of time (1 year tops). Otherwise, same technological marvels and superweapons would take decades to complete.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Tbh, the GE's Death Stars could do what 3 of the things the SE has...in that the Death Star can destroy planets(1st and 2nd one), destroy cruisers(2nd one, though the 1st could waste a single shot on a cruiser and wait 24 hrs) and can destroy fleets(2nd one, though arguably the 1st one could perhaps seeing as they Rebels had to send in X-wings and Jan stated that "It is designed around a large scale assault" plus the fact the 1st Death Star did carry TIEs and the like.)

The Sun Razor, I point you to World Devastators pretty much the same thing in that they make stuff out of the resources, sure the WD can't make superweapons but the GE has many superweapons already so it would be rather moot anyway.

Then....we get into the other big super weapons here that the GE has, which I don't feel like getting into.

Tbh, the GE's Death Stars could do what 3 of the things the SE has...in that the Death Star can destroy planets(1st and 2nd one), destroy cruisers(2nd one, though the 1st could waste a single shot on a cruiser and wait 24 hrs) and can destroy fleets(2nd one, though arguably the 1st one could perhaps seeing as they Rebels had to send in X-wings and Jan stated that "It is designed around a large scale assault" plus the fact the 1st Death Star did carry TIEs and the like.)

The Sun Razor, I point you to World Devastators pretty much the same thing in that they make stuff out of the resources, sure the WD can't make superweapons but the GE has many superweapons already so it would be rather moot anyway.

Then....we get into the other big super weapons here that the GE has, which I don't feel like getting into.

Except, the Death Star is the worst super-weapon to bring to a blaster fight. It either takes out a planet, or a Single Capital Ship with its primary weapon. It has almost no effectiveness in an overall battle. And the first Death Star had an easily exploitable weakness, the 2nd one was never fully completed, and the third one was destroyed as well. It's rather a sad track record.

Also, the Galactic Empire only had the one super-weapon. The Imperial Remnant under Reborn Emperor Palpatine would have several other ones. And they all pretty much did the same thing the Death Star did only in a different way. The Sith Empire had more Useful Super-Weapons that could be employed against fleets, starships in hyperspace or entire planets. They had a larger range of options and is overall more effective in a war.

I believe it was the Gauntlet that could destroy any ship while it was in hyperspace. What good is the GE Navy when it tries to travel to the warzone only to be annihilated before it even gets there? And if we're ignoring the whole Malgus Betrayal and other dissidents, then the Sith Empire does have does have the Stealth Armada, the Foundry, and the Dread Masters along with a cargo ship full of HK-51 droids.

The GE has like 10x greater numbers, but 9/10ths of that is complete fodder. That alone can end up being torn apart by just the Dread Masters. Even if you removed Super Weapons, the sheer number of Sith tip the scales invariably in the Sith Empire's favor. Also, the GE has a massive flaw in that the effectiveness of its military is almost entirely supported by Palpatine's Battle Meditation. If he is interrupted, killed, or disabled from supporting his forces across the galaxy, they all turn into a bunch of worthless chumps who ended up being spanked to high-heaven by the Rebels who were still outnumbered 6-1.

When Vitiate was killed, the SE military didn't collapse. It wasn't affected at all. The only ones who were were the Emperor's Children and the Hand who'd then proceed to prepare a new vessel for the Emperor's essence. The Dark Council and the Ministers were unaffected and maintained control over their military forces.