The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

i miss TCW

darthmorbous

I really wanted to see a Mace WIndu fight seen on par with the quality of what was shown in Palpatine vs Oppress vs Maul before the show was cancelled.

Now that Disney owns Star Wars and they don't care about anything other than money, maybe they'll just retcon Mace Windu back alive and say that he survived.

Edited by timidobserver

That show was corny as hell and retconned a bunch of stuff. Can't say I miss it.

Not sure what you mean by corny...but as for the "retconning"...I just always view it as an "alternate" / "what if" ...which is what it really is anyways.

Being a star wars fan...which I assume you are...I'm really not sure how you can complain about anything being corny.

With only 6 movies out...which are all old in their own right, it was great to have something star wars to watch.

To be honest...I think it's some of my favorite star wars media. I definitely prefer a lot of the story arcs and episodes to any of the 6 movies.

However, if I had anything that I could change about the show...I wish it revolved around certain characters more.

I know that Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex and Obi-Wan were the main characters...but I really wish they were the MAIN characters. While it was great to see other characters and everything...I think it would have been better overall, in my opinion, if it was always focused on them...and the story arcs revolved around/focused on them.

I know it's a small thing since nearly 90% of the show focused on them...I honestly just wish it was 100% on them...just like how any other show "focuses" on their main characters

Edited by VitalityPrime

I really wanted to see a Mace WIndu fight seen on par with the quality of what was shown in Palpatine vs Oppress vs Maul before the show was cancelled.

Now that Disney owns Star Wars and they don't care about anything other than money, maybe they'll just retcon Mace Windu back alive and say that he survived.

Errr, considering how TCW brought Darth Maul back after the way he died, I'd say Lucas deciding that Mace Windu was alive is nothing in comparison.

Jedi wind up falling from insane heights all the time, and yet manage to land safely by using the Force to either slow their fall or in some cases even to grab on to some surface and cling to it like a spider - worst case scenario, he'd be short a forearm, like Anakin and Luke. :p

Not to mention he could've grabbed hold of some speeder that just happened to fly by.

Edited by Callaron

Is this no longer happening then or something? =/

I was under the impression that they were still going to make season 6, it just won't be on tv - so I'm guessing straight to DVD/BR.

I really, really hope this is still happening.

Not Season 6, Bonus Content - as in not as many episodes, some episodes have been cut etc. etc.

Still, I was hoping for a full Season 6, 7 and maybe even 8. And I think they were too. :(

Not Season 6, Bonus Content - as in not as many episodes, some episodes have been cut etc. etc.

Still, I was hoping for a full Season 6, 7 and maybe even 8. And I think they were too. :(

Yeah, from the sound of it I'd say that they had hoped for another full season as well.

I'm glad that they are making the effort to wrap up things though, it would've been very sad to see yet another great show getting axed without any closure whatsoever.

Then again, some things might continue on in Rebels. :)

That show was corny as hell and retconned a bunch of stuff. Can't say I miss it.

Just so you know the ENTIRE UNIVERSE is undergoing a MASSIVE RETCON.

DO NOT be surprised when Jacen Solo does not make an appearance in the New Trilogy and we get all new characters.

We will get Mara Jade in Rebels but she may not make to the new movies........

I dont mean this to come off in an ARGH, YOUR WRONG INTERNETZ WAY, just saying.....that I would not put much faitih in anything EU ATM. It's pretty much what every JJ Abrahams and Disney want to do.

Nothing is safe, Not Thrawn, Maul, Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker.....nothing.

They could do what ever they want and if George Lucas was not lying, the synopsis was written for episode 7 many years ago, well before alot of the current EU Lore was established. Being that filiming starts in March with April being the latest, its likely they already the plot well before disney bought these rights.

Clone wars was good but HAD to END at some point, and it ended appropriatly, because it ended abruptly.

Things were just going along and then EPISODE 3.

Yes one more seaosn would have been nice, Anakin with a bit longer hair would have been great.

This scene or a scene like it would have been a nice tie in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ_93owuE-o

The only thing that is true now are the Clone wars, REBELS and then the movies. No books, no video games, none of it.

Just so you know the ENTIRE UNIVERSE is undergoing a MASSIVE RETCON.

DO NOT be surprised when Jacen Solo does not make an appearance in the New Trilogy and we get all new characters.

We will get Mara Jade in Rebels but she may not make to the new movies........

I dont mean this to come off in an ARGH, YOUR WRONG INTERNETZ WAY, just saying.....that I would not put much faitih in anything EU ATM. It's pretty much what every JJ Abrahams and Disney want to do.

Nothing is safe, Not Thrawn, Maul, Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker.....nothing.

They could do what ever they want and if George Lucas was not lying, the synopsis was written for episode 7 many years ago, well before alot of the current EU Lore was established. Being that filiming starts in March with April being the latest, its likely they already the plot well before disney bought these rights.

Clone wars was good but HAD to END at some point, and it ended appropriatly, because it ended abruptly.

Things were just going along and then EPISODE 3.

Yes one more seaosn would have been nice, Anakin with a bit longer hair would have been great.

This scene or a scene like it would have been a nice tie in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ_93owuE-o

The only thing that is true now are the Clone wars, REBELS and then the movies. No books, no video games, none of it.

What about stuff that happened In universe BEFORE episode 6? Because...It kind of doesn't make sense if they were to retcon stuff from that time, anything that happens after episode 6 would make sense...

For me that's not such a bad thing, I haven't read 90% of the EU novels out there - nor played every single SW game.

Then I kinda envy you because you're probably not going to be nearly as upset when they start making changes lol I've read EVERY EU book from rogue planet to crucible at least 20times each & played every SW game that came to consoles (including that God awful Obi-Wan game on Xbox) lol

Then I kinda envy you because you're probably not going to be nearly as upset when they start making changes lol I've read EVERY EU book from rogue planet to crucible at least 20times each & played every SW game that came to consoles (including that God awful Obi-Wan game on Xbox) lol

Yeah, I feel bad for the people that did that, and for the authors that poured heart and soul into those stories.

It's kinda ridiculous that LucasArts will gladly give their "seal of approval" as long as they can receive a convenient paycheck, but when it comes to things being counted as canon only things created by them count. :rolleyes:

Hopefully that new writer group thingy will change things a bit in that regard.

Yeah, I feel bad for the people that did that, and for the authors that poured heart and soul into those stories.

It's kinda ridiculous that LucasArts will gladly give their "seal of approval" as long as they can receive a convenient paycheck, but when it comes to things being counted as canon only things created by them count. :rolleyes:

Hopefully that new writer group thingy will change things a bit in that regard.

The Books/Eu/Games aren't being retconned, as far as we know.

They have no reason to do it, Post-ROTJ stuff maybe, but not anything before episode 6... Unless Rebels contradicts it, which I doubt it will.

They have no reason to do it, Post-ROTJ stuff maybe, but not anything before episode 6... Unless Rebels contradicts it, which I doubt it will.

Yeah, as long as they don't start defining those eras themselves they'll be fine.

And I doubt they'll ever make anything set in the Old Republic - Bioware's little corner of the SW universe. :D

Edited by Callaron

Clone wars has changed alot of the characters involved already. Greedo and Dengar are totally different now than they were before. All of this has happened before, there were some short stories about Boba Fett and his past prior to AOTC, so Boba being a clone was a major change from the books and stories at that time. So i expect Rebels to change alot.

I think the old republic era stuff should be pretty safe and I know originally in the "mortis" episodes in clone wars they were going to have a cameo of Revan and Darth Bane. So they are aknowledged for sure.

Of course Disney wants to push out even more films, spin offs and all that as well. A pretty interesting time for the franchise.

Clone wars has changed alot of the characters involved already. Greedo and Dengar are totally different now than they were before. All of this has happened before, there were some short stories about Boba Fett and his past prior to AOTC, so Boba being a clone was a major change from the books and stories at that time. So i expect Rebels to change alot.

I think the old republic era stuff should be pretty safe and I know originally in the "mortis" episodes in clone wars they were going to have a cameo of Revan and Darth Bane. So they are aknowledged for sure.

Of course Disney wants to push out even more films, spin offs and all that as well. A pretty interesting time for the franchise.

We haven't seen much of Greedo so not sure what gave you that idea.

But I'd just point out that the Dengar in TCW is pre-pschologically inhibiting brain damage accident which completely changed his personality, which is why he isn't the cold, bloodthirsty killer we see later on.

Just pointing it out.

But yeah I think its inevitable that we will see some changes made by Rebels. But much like TCW there is room for symbiosis, the galaxy is a big place and a lot is happening, they can easily slot in some more events like TCW was just slotting in more battles, events etc. its the larger arcs like TFU that they might struggle with.

But really, how many retcons happened in TCW? Not a lot? How many major ones? Even less. If any.

Edited by Beniboybling

We haven't seen much of Greedo so not sure what gave you that idea.

But I'd just point out that the Dengar in TCW is pre-pschologically inhibiting brain damage accident which completely changed his personality, which is why he isn't the cold, bloodthirsty killer we see later on.

Just pointing it out.

But yeah I think its inevitable that we will see some changes made by Rebels. But much like TCW there is room for symbiosis, the galaxy is a big place and a lot is happening, they can easily slot in some more events like TCW was just slotting in more battles, events etc. its the larger arcs like TFU that they might struggle with.

But really, how many retcons happened in TCW? Not a lot? How many major ones? Even less. If any.

Greedo showed up to kidnap some kids and bring them to jabba, gives him some twenty plus years of bounty hunting experience. Makes the scene in the cantina seem much different, orignally he was a rookie and not very successful.

Greed changed alot in general, poor fella. They added him to episode 1, but then writters in the EU changed that Greedo into Greedo the Elder, in which was again changed when Greedo was put in clone wars and Greedo the Elder became his own character, a pretty cool one though.

Edited by kirorx

Greedo showed up to kidnap some kids and bring them to jabba, gives him some twenty plus years of bounty hunting experience. Makes the scene in the cantina seem much different, orignally he was a rookie and not very successful.

Greed changed alot in general, poor fella. They added him to episode 1, but then writters in the EU changed that Greedo into Greedo the Elder, in which was again changed when Greedo was put in clone wars and Greedo the Elder became his own character, a pretty cool one though.

Well, I guess that kinda comes down to perspective. Greedo still appeared to me as small fry, yet at the same time I got the feeling from the movies that he had a reputation, which is why he was acting all big - by Han Solo was just better.

I mean, you don't send some no nose rookie to bring in Han Harrison Indiana Solo. Or get hired by Jabba the Hutt for that matter. In the end, given that Greedo's appearance has been so very brief. He's pretty malleable, people will just interpet him in different ways, not necessarily rework him to fit into their story.

Edited by Beniboybling