The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Madness getting dispell protection but where is the pyro love?

bananaface

As the title says, with madness getting a dispell protection in 2.5 it would imo be pretty fair to give it to pyro aswell.

Againt good players you just spend most of your time reapplying dots and its just rather frustrating, especially since the range on our dots is so limited.

Two classes can dispell our dots, while only another sage/sorc can dispell madness/balance dots.

Since pyro is far from OP at this moment I'd say it's a well deserved QoL change.

Now only thing left to change is being less squishy outside kolto overload and we're on par with AP.

Pyro doesn't need dot protection because EVERY ability we do reapplies the dots, the problem is the defensive CD's are not spread evenly. The only class that can do a complete dot wipe against us outside of Sage/Sorc bubble is Operatives which have a 30 second evasion while being targeted which is fine, because reapplying my dots are as simple as putting one global towards Inciendiary Missile, and then doing my standard DPS rotation. Which is fine because then I don't accidentally waste Rail Shot on an evasion, the 3 globals I'm using to reapply IM, TD, and CGC essentially negates the entire evasion.

The reason why Pyros aren't as viable in Arena is because we are squishy compared to AP which has too many defensive CD's.

Edited by Megatfx

Sure it's easy to reapply dots, but so it is for madness/balance aswell.

The fact that you have to reapply if someone is spam dispelling is rather annoying, especially if thermal detonator gets dispelled while its on a long cd, and incindiary isn't really free either.

Heat regen has been better then it was before but it's still somewhat clunky at times and if you're spending a lot of your heat reapplying incindiary then yeah gg.

It's not like we're totally **** outside dots or that it's hard to reapply them, it would just be a nice QoL change.

And yes I totally agree we need more survivability compared to AP.

Degauss can't compete even the slightest with energy rebounder + stabilized armor.

If Degauss become a more potent defensive cd then it would make a nice difference (a straight up x% dmg reduction).

With AP being fotm it's doubtfull a pyro buff will come anytime soon though.

Sure it's easy to reapply dots, but so it is for madness/balance aswell.

The fact that you have to reapply if someone is spam dispelling is rather annoying, especially if thermal detonator gets dispelled while its on a long cd, and incindiary isn't really free either.

Heat regen has been better then it was before but it's still somewhat clunky at times and if you're spending a lot of your heat reapplying incindiary then yeah gg.

It's not like we're totally **** outside dots or that it's hard to reapply them, it would just be a nice QoL change.

And yes I totally agree we need more survivability compared to AP.

Degauss can't compete even the slightest with energy rebounder + stabilized armor.

If Degauss become a more potent defensive cd then it would make a nice difference (a straight up x% dmg reduction).

With AP being fotm it's doubtfull a pyro buff will come anytime soon though.

First of all you can't spam your dispel/DoT heal ability. It is on a 5 second cooldown. Second. Even IF someone WAS spamming it every 5 seconds that is a GCD they are wasting once every 5 seconds. You will wind up putting out more damage anyway.

The difference between the specs is that the damage of madness comes in much greater part in the form of the actual dots ticking, whereas pyro dots serve more as something enabling you to use rail shot. If someone playing madness has his dots cleansed he has to reapply them all in order to build up his damage. As pyro (in pvp anyway, which is what we're talking about) you don't need to strive to have all dots up all the time; a dot is enough.

Regardless, the madness cleanse protection isn't going to make much difference for sorcs anyway seeing as it will only affect the sorc cleanse. Depending on how you choose to view it: it's either a buff or a nerf for sorcs only against themselves (disregarding madness assassins; doubt this will make more of them appear). The bigger culprit for madness is the frequency at which an operative healer can use Evasion, and that won't be affected.

AP has some nice defenses, but it's hardly OP. A good pyro should be able to burn one down in a fight using good tactics, higher burst DPS, and most importantly pyro shield.

And OP as fu***************************************************************************k uber koltooverload. I love that ****. Walk through the fire with ease with that, shield, and adrenal.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get the not viable in arena bit, I can understand if people rather take a tank but viability is measurable. In other words the build has fantastic control via 100% up time of snare and can peel for healer and control that Marauder...You know Marauder, the build that wrecks healers and spams roots!

Knowing all that, you do and should be getting healed and Pyro has enough CD;s and DoT mitigation to control Mara and Sins...

As a tank I think people like the fact that the other side will leave you for last...Imagine the life of a Sorcerer in Arena then look at Pyro...loool

The difference between the specs is that the damage of madness comes in much greater part in the form of the actual dots ticking, whereas pyro dots serve more as something enabling you to use rail shot. If someone playing madness has his dots cleansed he has to reapply them all in order to build up his damage. As pyro (in pvp anyway, which is what we're talking about) you don't need to strive to have all dots up all the time; a dot is enough.

Well technically, all Assault (Vanguard equivalent) parses i've done that have had decent damage output have had 25% of damage from High Impact Bolt (Rail Shot), 20% of damage from Ion Pulse (Flame Burst) and ~26% of damage from DoTs - Incendiary round, assault plastique, and plasma cell (Incendiary missile, Thermal Detonator, Combustible gas cylinder), so saying that the DoTs from Pyro/Assault are just a rail shot enabler is completely downplaying the damage from the DoTs... Not to mention that it basically also grants a 9% damage boost to everything as well.

For reference, CGC is about 9.6% of the total damage output, Incendiary Missile is about 10.7% of the total damage output and Thermal Detonator is 5.3%