Best class to haunt and kill specific people?

ralphieceaser

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A more elegant PvP of a more civilized age. Right now, PvP is degenerating into a silly sport.

That's sort of like saying that the rock paintings of Ugh of Big Brown Cave are esthetically superior to the works of Rembrandt and Picasso. Sorry, but my sorcie doesn't want to be dragged around by her hair ALL the time, thanks very much.

4x4 arenas seem tailor-made for the OP - he zones in, unzips, pulls out the Big Weapon, and goes to town - no objectives, strategy, or actual thought processes required that'll muck up his Beatdown Dance. Avoiding actual objective-required warzones would likely behoove him as well, yes?

That's sort of like saying that the rock paintings of Ugh of Big Brown Cave are esthetically superior to the works of Rembrandt and Picasso. Sorry, but my sorcie doesn't want to be dragged around by her hair ALL the time, thanks very much.

Of course, everything new is always better than everything old, right? To think otherwise would be inconceivable, wouldn't it?

Edited by Helig

Of course, everything new is always better than everything old, right? To think otherwise would be inconceivable, wouldn't it?

Not at all. Some topics, I can be as intractable, old-fashioned and reactionary as they come. But warzones are one of those evolving phenomenon.

There's nothing that says people can't ignore the objectives of a warzone and indulge in 'me-me-me' behavior (there's no specific penalties for doing so, that is, apart from hosing your teammates), but it's rather illogical of them to expect to be immune to criticism or to expect praise for it, particularly if they come to a forum such as this and declare that objectives in an objective-specific warzone mean nothing to them. Wouldn't ya think?

The need for mindless killing is always a must have in mmos with pvp. With the removal of ilum, such zerg fests are non existant. Arenas are good everynow and then, but when you only have 4 people, the power of the zerg is never fully realized.

To be on topic though(even if it is an obvious troll), sins/shadows make pretty good stalking repetetive kill classes.

1)implying i care about winning a silly objecive

2)implying that i should move to another game that i dont like because you dont like me

3)implying a game is supposed to be played in a certain way

4)implying i am not supposed to have fun in a star wars game which theme and gameplay i enjoy because you want me to win a boring objective

Conclussion; Warzones is to complicated for you ...

Not at all. Some topics, I can be as intractable, old-fashioned and reactionary as they come. But warzones are one of those evolving phenomenon.

There's nothing that says people can't ignore the objectives of a warzone and indulge in 'me-me-me' behavior (there's no specific penalties for doing so, that is, apart from hosing your teammates), but it's rather illogical of them to expect to be immune to criticism or to expect praise for it, particularly if they come to a forum such as this and declare that objectives in an objective-specific warzone mean nothing to them. Wouldn't ya think?

Because you cant handle it doesnt mean it is bad, maybe you are too weak. Funny how people will always blame something other than themselves

PVP in older games was great, open world pk which lead to big fights between guilds

I still remember randomly going to antharas lair in lineage 2 to randomly kill people, then get guild by an enemy guild team, then my guild team kills their team and then the entirety of both guilds spawns in the entrance of antharas cave and has a massive battle...

So beautiful, most new mmorpg pvp now is limited so people wont go "omg he killed me, i dont like losing", i should be prepared, it isnt a skill difference that made me lose it is the ambush.

Back then world had risk, but casuals couldnt handle it and thus because companies wanted money tried to avoid making them feel bad and reward them for pressing a single button

Conclussion; Warzones is to complicated for you ...

Conclusion: Hating what i say to the point of ignoring the argument and just attempting to degrade me, nice going

Because you cant handle it doesnt mean it is bad, maybe you are too weak. Funny how people will always blame something other than themselves

PVP in older games was great, open world pk which lead to big fights between guilds

I still remember randomly going to antharas lair in lineage 2 to randomly kill people, then get guild by an enemy guild team, then my guild team kills their team and then the entirety of both guilds spawns in the entrance of antharas cave and has a massive battle...

So beautiful, most new mmorpg pvp now is limited so people wont go "omg he killed me, i dont like losing", i should be prepared, it isnt a skill difference that made me lose it is the ambush.

Back then world had risk, but casuals couldnt handle it and thus because companies wanted money tried to avoid making them feel bad and reward them for pressing a single button

Yeah and I owned a successful weapon dealership in SWG and hunted big game with my Trandoshan fists of fury.

Wait, are we still talking about SWTOR PvP? You know, the kind which makes you lose the whole fight if you chase a single guy all over the map to kill over and over again and forget about the objectives?

Please. This has nothing to do with PvP. You get butthurt when someone wipes the floor with you and have a tendency to focus on that player like it's a personal vendetta. In that you are being a poor PvPer - you are chasing a kill, which most often results in you not doing anything except running around solo and getting killed (again) in the process. You're not stacking kills, you're not doing objectives, you might as well just stand in the corner and pout.

So basically, those guys who run off after kills in Voidstar and forget about the doors? You're worse than them, at least they'll chase after anyone, you just want to stalk that one guy.

You're not even harassing a healer.

Hey, I prefer blasting players over guarding nodes too. Only I do it where it counts. And in the time you took to repeatedly hunt down the "offender" I stacked ten, twenty kills AND supported my team. So let's not talk about "good old PvP". Plenty of FFA deathmatch games out there. SWTOR is not one of them. Go bug Bioware to add a FFA mode in warzones, but don't pretend what you're doing has merit in the context of the game as it is.

To each his own, I suppose. I'm ok with objective play arising as an alternative playstyle, but I'm not ok with it pushing classic murder and mayhem off the stage. And no, canned team duels are not it.

Jesus I dont see why people are so mad. This guy pays his money and can play the game how ever he wants. Its one player. Not to mention if hes any good at actually doing this, where he can continually kill one player on the other team over and over, then shouldnt it just cancel out? He wont be doing much objectives but neither will the person he continues to kill, as long as he is successful.

Jesus I dont see why people are so mad. This guy pays his money and can play the game how ever he wants. Its one player. Not to mention if hes any good at actually doing this, where he can continually kill one player on the other team over and over, then shouldnt it just cancel out? He wont be doing much objectives but neither will the person he continues to kill, as long as he is successful.

If he was successful at stalking his chosen "victim" he wouldn't be asking which class is best for such activities on the forums! ;)

I think people are just getting hooked into the discussion because OP kinda paints the picture of the archetypal "hurr durr" player who is not actually interested in team play in a team based PvP game, and there are lots of those - which in turn means there are lots of players who had to endure losing streaks because their team is composed of, how did that poster put it, "epileptic fish flagellating their double lightphalluses".

Edited by Gaudrath

Conclusion: Hating what i say to the point of ignoring the argument and just attempting to degrade me, nice going

Pot, meet kettle. You call others 'weak', yet bridle when criticized and declare that someone is trying to 'degrade' you? Puh-leeze.

I admittedly have to see a point to something. I despise open-world PvP, but for a specific reason, namely, 'what do I get out of it'? Just killing other people? Eh, boring - just e-peen flagellation that proves nothing. Give me something that shows accomplishment - say, an open-world-only series of titles equivalent to the warzone's Duelist/Gladiator/etcetera, even if it's gained only through your animal skins-and-clubs method (EQ2 does this, after a fashion - daily player kills are an option for the daily tokens allotment activities), and I'd happily play my sole PvP server toon every single day (she only comes out when my PvP server-enamored friend asks me to log on, which is infrequent). Yes, I'd run around Tatooine, Ilum, and wherever for that - there's something I can strive for, something I can earn. It's an actual goal, taking my virtual Formula 1 racecar and playing Danica Patrick, as opposed to jumping into my virtual Yugo and sitting in the virtual carpark making 'Vroom-vroom!' noises.

I would submit that PvP is an evolving pastime, and that the equivalent you are suggesting of Caveman Ugh just going after Caveman Groo for the Crits & Giggles isn't a model that's going to bring in zillions of subscriptions. Yes, I'm saying there has to be something tangible in it. Sure, Lineage 2 has lots of players, but most of them aren't going to bother leaving Lineage 2 to come over to SWTOR when they have everything they want at their fingertips already. If they do leave that game for this one and expect the same type of game, there's something wrong with them.

Start playing some other game where u are on ur own and nobody is dependent on u..and stop ****** up the game for all others who actually give a **** abt winnin rather taking ur deaths personally!!!

All the crap that comes out of all the morons who thinks wz is 1 v 1..!

These posts here just "tells" me why some of the matches morons just dont listen and engage in stupid combats that dont give the end result = WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody gives a **** abt how many times u have killed that sniper who fuked u up..as long as he can shove a finger up ur *** cause they won because u were more occupied with chasing him rather chasin a win!!!!

and this is what is wrong with ur newschool hipster generation. PvP should NEVER be about capturing retarded objectives. its what the acronym suggests, Player versus Player. Not Player vs Pylon or Player vs Door or Player vs Node. who gives a **** about win or lose anyways. ill tell you who does. the ppl who cant compete vs other players in a proper fight. im not exclusivly talking about 1v1. im talking about group fights too. some dumb objective should never be a factor in a fight EVER. id take a loss in which i have nonstop action of fun fights over a win where i sit 15 mins at some ****** node while touching myself in funny places out of boredom ANYTIME ANYDAY: and lets be honest u either have to be god awful at pvp or really really mentally ill to think otherwise.

and this is what is wrong with ur newschool hipster generation. PvP should NEVER be about capturing retarded objectives. its what the acronym suggests, Player versus Player. Not Player vs Pylon or Player vs Door or Player vs Node. who gives a **** about win or lose anyways. ill tell you who does. the ppl who cant compete vs other players in a proper fight. im not exclusivly talking about 1v1. im talking about group fights too. some dumb objective should never be a factor in a fight EVER. id take a loss in which i have nonstop action of fun fights over a win where i sit 15 mins at some ****** node while touching myself in funny places out of boredom ANYTIME ANYDAY: and lets be honest u either have to be god awful at pvp or really really mentally ill to think otherwise.

+1

So good that people like us still exist and havent died off to "omg i died, i ll blame somethign and demand 100% fairness so they ll box in pvp for carebears"