Developer Update: Requisition and Upgrades

CourtneyWoods

The whole "use CC to transfer ship requisition to fleet requisition" sounds very much like its been taken straight from "Star Conflict" which is pretty much a copy of what this expansion is anyway. It wouldn't be half bad if it wasn't for the fact that some of us already pay a subscription for this game.

I would bloody well hope that the CC conversion is REMOVED (or changed to in game currency) for subbed members, reduced for preferred status and is only implemented fully for free to play accounts. If i have to pay real money to transfer in-game currencies after already paying REAL MONEY to subscribe to the game then i will be leaving it well alone.

Don't get too greedy guys, or you will bite off your nose to spite your face.

They're not, as CC conversion is a completely different thing from subscription. Subscription gives you a specific lists of benefit, like in any other F2P MMO. It's not a license to not paying for anything else anymore.

Furthermore, as a subscriber you will ALREADY be getting extra requisitions INCLUDING FLEET REQs. Subscribers get a bonus to requisitions, similar to Premium time on MWO for example.

Also, note that starting december 3rd, you will be getting this new benefit AT NO EXTRA COST. So not only will you be getting early access to GS, but you will also get more benefit out of your subscription without having to pay one cent more. This is a _good_ thing.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Completing daily and weekly Starfighter quests will grant Requisition rewards, as will some of the new achievements."

Where do you get the daily and weekly Starfighter quests? I didn't find them during the open test weekends.

you get them at the standard pvp terminal in fleet

They're not, as CC conversion is a completely different thing from subscription. Subscription gives you a specific lists of benefit, like in any other F2P MMO. It's not a license to not paying for anything else anymore.

Furthermore, as a subscriber you will ALREADY be getting extra requisitions INCLUDING FLEET REQs. Subscribers get a bonus to requisitions, similar to Premium time on MWO for example.

Also, note that starting december 3rd, you will be getting this new benefit AT NO EXTRA COST. So not only will you be getting early access to GS, but you will also get more benefit out of your subscription without having to pay one cent more. This is a _good_ thing.

I'd also add, that subs get minimum of 500CC/month, that being enough for converting fleet req for 2 ships, if they didnt change the cost from PTS. Also subs get a month headstart in their grind, so most likely subs will be flying something like TIE Defenders by the time F2Ps will get access.

Any advantage to using one's main or a dedicated alt for the star fighter? Just pick one toon and go?

If they both have all their companions unlocked (including Treek & HK), probably not. But check Dulfy's info on companion abilities to be sure.

If you aren't concerned about those things and would like to level a new alt, you get xp (& legacy xp) at the end of the matches. So that's a possibility as well.

I finally going to have to get Treek and HK?

I think you can pay requisitions to unlock Treek and HK-51 as Galactic Starfighter crewmembers, NOT as ground game companions. Basically you would then be able to choose their abilities as part of your fighter's build. Similarly, you can pay requisitions to unlock companions from another class.

So basically, if it so happens that the absolute best crew members for your build is not available to your class, you can choose to spend some requisitions to unlock him or her. But you don't actually gain that crew member for the ground game.

Note that you DO get all your ground game crewmembers for free, if your character has them.

I finally going to have to get Treek and HK?

You don't *have* to get them. It depends on the abilities you want to use, and whether or not you're going for the "The Gang's All Here" achievement. Like the previous poster said, there is an option to unlock companions for Galactic Starfighter use only using requisitions. However, those same requisitions could be used for ship upgrades instead.

Edited by JadeXII