Low D Textures

OneTribe

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumping daily, because this issue ticks me off.

Here is a compiled list of threads covering this unresolved and relatively unacknowledged issue: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=91723

Bioware, please acknowledge this in your official game issues thread asap: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=5533

Once this above is done, I will no longer feel the need bump daily in the attempt to bring this to Bioware's attention.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I am happy with the landscape textures, and the convo textures ( on " high " ), but during gameplay the PC textures are pretty low...I'd say " medium ". I have my .ini texture quality at 0 which seems to be the best from what I've read / seen myself.

It's an already known issue. the graphics are stuck (even if you put them at High/Ultra/OverPOwered) to Medium...

Anti Aliasing is still not released...

on that part I have to say BioWare ****ed things up. sad but true. anyway, still enjoying the gameplay, waiting for the patch. so far the textures are not ugly but it's still not great.

The ability to run the game at 1080p does not mean it will run well.

The game runs on a recommended specs.... The problem with recommended specs is that it gives a false hope that the game runs very well with those specs.

The video card's ability to render an object in game comes into question when you have a few year old card that you spent hundreds of dollars on then, and you'd like to think it will run okay.

So far, from what I've seen (and I am willing to admit that I may have missed some) no one has really even mentioned what kinda video card they have.

I have a NVIDIA GTX560 Ti... I spent about $250 on, the game runs amazing on HIGH settings with no issues I would call alarming. Every armor set i've seen on myself, guildies, and random people have been beautiful.

It's disheartening when the game doesn't look as good as you'd hoped..but stop to consider your part of the deal... If you're using a less-than-stellar video card, you're not going to get the beautifully rendered textures that other people with better video cards might.

I do hope you all get your situations resolved though, it's an amazing game.

The game runs on a recommended specs.... The problem with recommended specs is that it gives a false hope that the game runs very well with those specs.

The video card's ability to render an object in game comes into question when you have a few year old card that you spent hundreds of dollars on then, and you'd like to think it will run okay.

So far, from what I've seen (and I am willing to admit that I may have missed some) no one has really even mentioned what kinda video card they have.

I have a NVIDIA GTX560 Ti... I spent about $250 on, the game runs amazing on HIGH settings with no issues I would call alarming. Every armor set i've seen on myself, guildies, and random people have been beautiful.

It's disheartening when the game doesn't look as good as you'd hoped..but stop to consider your part of the deal... If you're using a less-than-stellar video card, you're not going to get the beautifully rendered textures that other people with better video cards might.

This. I'm confident in saying the majority of you saying SWTOR graphics suck, are using a low end card.

Hell, I play with a radeon 6850.. it is by no means high end, and I still play on everything maxed on / 1920x1080 resolution.

The game looks AMAZING.

The games look good at max settings, but the framerate is terrible for the quality I'm seeing.

Modern Warfare 2 runs at about 200 FPS on my computer. TOR runs at about 60 with everything maxed. Graphically they are worlds apart. :rolleyes:

The Hero engine is terribly optimized, or BW didn't take the time to optimize it better for the environments they build. There's no reason why framerates shouldn't be double, or texture quality shouldn't be super detailed.

Edited by Thradar

This. I'm confident in saying the majority of you saying SWTOR graphics suck, are using a low end card.

Hell, I play with a radeon 6850.. it is by no means high end, and I still play on everything maxed on / 1920x1080 resolution.

The game looks AMAZING.

I use Superclocked 580 and run at 1920X1200 and the graphics look like crap...

Do you know what I am confident of?

People who say the graphics are "great" are one of two types of people:

A) People who are so ignorant that they truly do not understand the concept of high resolutions vs. low resolutions and such claim that things are great when in fact they just simply have no idea what they are talking about (I hope this is the truth).

B) They are people who have learned that life is full of mundane, mediocre, and generally low quality "things" so when they are confronted with this in their world they take this as the norm and consider it to be "just fine" or "great" because that's exactly what they and their lives are...Low quality and mundane. This why when they see something that is equally low quality they think its perfectly normal when in fact they COULD find something much better quality if they would just speak up and ask for it - but no, they continue to defend the low quality caliber of the products around them to make themselves feel better. Star Wars the Old Republic "Made in China"

It may be B...now that I think about it...

Edited by Trevalon

First off I know there are loads of bugs that should be addressed first but I cannot believe this game has come out, IN 2011! for that matter, with such low definition textures!

Every robe / armor set looks HORRID if your body type is anything larger than small. I can hardly stand looking at my character the armors on him are so frickin bad. Please for the love of God invest in making some higher definition textures for better looking armor...

I have a pretty nice system with a decent gpu 8gb ram and amd quad core running at 4.7Ghz and I agree with you, I have seen hell of a lot better games with textures better than this, I run at max settings and certainly not impressed.

I'm running on a GTX 580 at 2560x1600, and some of the graphics look fantastic, the game runs consistently at 60fps.

But some textures do look appalling. I notice it particularly on Jedi robes and also in cut scenes, when I guess they are using the low res textures when they should be using higher ones.

This is a texture mapping bug, not a graphics card issue, I'm afraid.

Even if you do a preview of an item (by ctrl right-clicking) you can see the effect: view the item on yourself, it will look bad, view it on your companion, it will look much better.

The graphics are dated even by MMO standards. Graphically this game should have been released in the same year WOW was released. Lets compare... SWTOR to a Next Gen MMO

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DH7qeAWpaT3U&start1=0&video2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_1JfSbKjHHI&start2=125&authorName=Ativan

I use Superclocked 580 and run at 1920X1200 and the graphics look like crap...

Do you know what I am confident of?

People who say the graphics are "great" are one of two types of people:

A) People who are so ignorant that they truly do not understand the concept of high resolutions vs. low resolutions and such claim that things are great when in fact they just simply have no idea what they are talking about (I hope this is the truth).

B) They are people who have learned that life is full of mundane, mediocre, and generally low quality "things" so when they are confronted with this in their world they take this as the norm and consider it to be "just fine" or "great" because that's exactly what they and their lives are...Low quality and mundane. This why when they see something that is equally low quality they think its perfectly normal when in fact they COULD find something much better quality if they would just speak up and ask for it - but no, they continue to defend the low quality caliber of the products around them to make themselves feel better. Star Wars the Old Republic "Made in China"

It may be B...now that I think about it...

Now you're generally insulting people. You're rationalizing people genuinely being able to run this game perfectly fine because you spent way too much on your graphics card.

I don't think the tone of this post was necessary nor conducive to the discussion at hand.

Just a little tip that i found that cleaned up the longrange blurries and sharpened the textures more

Was to enable Anisotropic filtering 16x Disable Bloom (in game) and enable at least 4x anti aliasing in the control panel of you're video card.

These setting help the game look less blurry and crisper

Regards

You have no idea what you're talking about. I will post a screen shot tonight or tomorrow. NPC / environmental textures are great ( imho, yes there could be higher textures I'm not arguing that ), but the PC textures are low as hell.

Touche! Lazyness is OP I swear...Devs need to nerf that mofo. :D

lol ya in the end though in all honesty im easily pleased... if they add higher quality textures I wont complain.. I remeber when EQ brought out planes of power and all the character models and textures were replaced... That was a good day ;)