The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Customisation where is it??

JeremJim

I was talking of Character customization, applying hairstyles across races would be easy for instance, a hood up/down box would be nice for robes again easy but also clothes maybe make two dye slots or even three in some pieces. Speeders another easy thing they already do it ffs

I was talking of Character customization, applying hairstyles across races would be easy for instance, a hood up/down box would be nice for robes again easy but also clothes maybe make two dye slots or even three in some pieces. Speeders another easy thing they already do it ffs

Companion customisation is in game, various character customisations are available on GTN, although I agree making hairstyles universal (except Ratataki) would be nice. The hood control has been in demand since the beginning, and is apparently tricky (they have been trying but bugs keep happening). Speeders and mounts are being invented, and it's not easy to avoid copyright infringement (other Sci-Fi franchises with flying vehicles).

I suspect that if they did add clothes with multiple dye slots, the complaints would crash the servers, people would almost certainly view it as an attempt to wring out more cash.

Hey Devs

Can't we get some more across the board customisation options on the go its not hard programming and I am certain it would make a lot of people happy. There's almost unlimited options

How would you know?

AGREED! It's like some people think the dev's eat requests and instantly poop new code. Unless you are a dev yourself, you have no idea how difficult and/or tangled implementing new code may be.

As for graphics and customization, you have not only the graphics that need to be modeled 72 times (9 species x 2 genders x 4 body sizes), but then you have to adjust for clipping which is the devil of 3D animated modeling. Then, if you add in a feature like hood up/hood down, you have to code in the menu options, create new character animations and models (72 times all over again!), make sure the new code is compatible with the old, and then implement it through a patch that hopefully won't bug out (because, changing major chunks of code is about as tangled as trying to splice gene sequences on something while it is still alive).

All this for no extra fees, I might add. You just want it. You aren't saying you'll pay for it, beyond what you've already paid for. Also, this all while the dev's continue to work on major new content, such as expansions and patches and the like.

Look, there is nothing wrong with wanting new content - cosmetic, functional, or otherwise. I WANT THESE THINGS, TOO! But, geez, have some humility and compassion when asking for it. Telling the dev's that you know their job is just so easy so they should get on with it makes you sound like an ungrateful punter.

I was talking of Character customization, applying hairstyles across races would be easy for instance, a hood up/down box would be nice for robes...

Its actually very hard for devs to code those two things. Zabrak have horns. Their hairline is different. Sith purebloods have weird eyebrows and tentacles that could clip. the hood up/down also has to do with creating another model for the robe, which is very complex.

Also, I cannot figure put why there is no buzz-cut hairstyle... it would look good on Troopers.