Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Irritated with Juggernaut tanking

Boerewors

Been running only instances with a healer friend and comparing my jugger tank to my same level vanguard, it is like night and day.

I am totally irritated with having to run to a mob after using force leap to hit it in the face to get its attention. Multiply that by 3 or 4 in a big pack and I am getting sick of it.

My vanguard just shoots AoE, tab target shoot and shoot and everything hates me.

Yeah sure, you can tell dps, please don't shoot AoE till I have hit everything, but 99% dont listen and it is understandable. It would REALLY be taxing my patience as a DPS if I had to sit there and watch the tank crawl across the battlefield to get the attention of the outliers.

Sabre throw at 36? Yes I know, but that is a LONG time from 25 to 36.

Ugh

Going to be honest with you, moving over from Powertech to Juggernaut was a pain for me as well. Get used to face pulling with enrage+smash instead of saber throw>leap.

Vanguards and Shadows are both much more flexible when it comes to dealing with large mixed trash pulls. It's doable on Juggs at 55, but requires some counter-intuitive things like not pulling with leap. Learn to love saber reflect, because you're going to be playing piano on your keyboard when it's on cooldown.

Not much you can do at the lower levels.

Edited by Marb

I am totally irritated with having to run to a mob after using force leap to hit it in the face to get its attention. Multiply that by 3 or 4 in a big pack and I am getting sick of it.

My vanguard just shoots AoE, tab target shoot and shoot and everything hates me.

Leap > (try to position where the mob is centered and you can tag them all in one...) smash. Use sweeping slash in between smash CD's. Just remember that SS is a cone in front of you rather than a circle around you like smash is.

Single saber mastery. Soresu Form: Increases melee and ranged defense by [1 / 2 / 3]% and increases the threat generated by Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash by [10 / 20 / 30]%.

EDIT: I may have misread, looks like you may have meant "multiple packs of mobs". Sorry if I did.

Edited by Ridickilis

Force scream and choke are both 10 meters. You probably shouldn't be immortal spec at your level though, you can tank as rage (with shield and in soresu of course) until 40ish and nobody will know the difference.

This. Run vengeance. extra DPS when solo, and you can get by just fine with soresu when running groups

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.