A Sad state of affairs

OrionBowman

Last nites regs pvp was pretty competitve, of the 10 games I played last nite pubs lost 3 of em, and only one of them was a "farm fest", in which the opposing team only had one decent player, and the rest seem like they were just trying to finish the daily/weekly.

couldnt tell you about the Yolo rateds queu, I didnt play any rateds last nite, as I didnt feel like healing on my scoundrel, and I still just mash all my buttons with my shadow to be actually be effective as that in the rateds scene.

Overall the pvp scene seems rather sporadic, and the number of people queing who were considered pvp regulars has decreased substantially, so the chances of getting knowledgeable team are slimmer than what they were 6 months ago.

Might be time to shift a toon or two over to PoT5 or Bastion.

Go PoT5 (Although I personally don't know what it's like on PoT5) over Bastion, found the normal pvp on bastion, at the times I played, worse (player quality wise) than what it is on the herby, so I am not sure if it's going to be worse than staying here.

(please note you bastion folks reading, I know a lot of ya's still lurk around your old server forums, I am not talking about the ranked scene over there!)

Edited by Ykicka

pvp on this server is shot, i play on both pubs and empire. If i play on pubs we win if i play on empire its a wipe. Lately i've been playing more on empire trying to see if the situation really is that bad and it is. As republic i used to think it was fun, smashing empire chasing em down and killing em, now when the shoes on the other foot i just see it as sad. So what to do i do, i switch to pub side and start getting some wins but the taste of victory is bitter sweet, half the war zones are against other republic and the other half are just kill fests with no challenge. It seems on empire side every time i meet a new 55 excited about pvp they last about a day or two before saying "whats the point" and thats the question what is the point, the merc comm gear grind is bad enough without adding in all the constant losing = little comm gain, so i go back to pub and join the masses. People have said it will switch that its a cycle but in all the years i've been playing mmo's i don't think ive eve seen pvp as bad as it is right now on this server. I know people have tried to change it, switching across, teaching new players etc and that's great but i don't see it taking any effect, what i am seeing is the excitement of rated warzones dwindling away very fast as new pvp empire players realise they haven't got a chance. I had a family member tell me he wanted to come play and join up, he likes playing the "bad guy" in all mmo's and is a bloody good pvp'er, told him tonight don't bother, wait until the next big mmo comes out and we will give the a run together, mainly because i don't want to cop the grief of him when he experiences pvp.

So when im next on pub fleet and i see the usual comments like "im sick of playing pubs v pubs, think back to when ya camped the respawn point against empire and barelly let them get down before dying in huttball etc, thats why we have to play other republic a heap and all i can say is its very sad. Just an opinion, maybe its time for a change.

wall of text crits you for over 9000!!!

Sunday night regs were competetive. Imps were winning atleast 50/50, only had one match out of 10 that was stomp fest 2013. Were quite a few pubs vs pubs though too.

Was in the solo queu for rateds for all of about 15 minutes a pop for 3 seperate tries to get it started, nothing popped.

This weekend was more competetive than the past few. Good to see Imps still have a heartbeat.

Edited by Haystak

This is so weird to me...I played on release and for about 9 months after. This was the exact same problem my original server had...for the Imperials :p. I haven't PVPed at all since I've been back, but I don't like the thought of just running through imps non stop. I prefer competitive matches that are fun and hard fought.

yeah cross server is a pipe dream, if they were going to do it they would of already, i mean how hard can it be to add a few wires and a paragraph of coding. like the actual 3 west costs servers are what maybe 3 feet from each other.

Yea, I recall hearing or someone telling me that cross server could never happen due to the hero engine they created the game on being so limited. Even if it wasn't the case and I'm wrong about that, you'd figure it would have already been implemented as well as cross server group finder ques. I'd PvP again if it was cross server.

Cross-server won't solve it. The problem is that once one side starts to gain momentum, everyone wants to play on that side because they know that they will win.. And, the system used for giving out ranked warzone comms feeds into it. As long as everyone wants to be a winner and everyone wants to be a Charlie Sheen, the ranked warzone comm system will ensure that there will be faction imbalances.

This is pretty true.

As an example of this in practice, look at WoW before and after Wintergrasp was introduced. Before Wintergrasp, people played on their faction happily and there were friendly rivalries with the opposite faction, but servers were more or less balanced and people were fine. Then Wintergrasp was introduced, and everyone HAD to play on the side that won more. Combine that with them introducing faction transfers around that time, and a LOT of balanced servers became faction dominated. And the more dominating one faction was, the more people left the other faction, making the problem worse and worse and worse.

There's a reason virtually zero of the top servers in WoW are 50/50 balanced.