So where are all these Assassins dominating the leader boards?

Stavroz

OUt of the top 50 world wide top ranked classes

These are the classes and how many places they represent.

PT/Vang 13/50

Mara/sent 11/50

Op/Scoundrel 8/50

Shadow/Sin 6/50

Sniper/Slinger 5/50

sage/sorc 5/50

Merc/Mando 1/50

Gaurd/Jug 1/50

Its still early but it will not change much b/c more ppl play ranked now at the start of season as ppl try it out so right now is currently the highest population playing ranked solo.

Some info to digest.

Disclaimer (at time of this post so distribution is subject to change)

Edited by Stavroz

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PT/Vang 13/50

Mara/sent 11/50

Op/Scoundrel 8/50

Shadow/Sin 6/50

Sniper/Slinger 5/50

sage/sorc 5/50

Merc/Mando 1/50

Gaurd/Jug 1/50

Its still early but it will not change much b/c more ppl play ranked now at the start of season as ppl try it out so right now is currently the highest population playing ranked solo.

Some info to digest.

Because sins are meh in arenas? Only good for 8v8 ganking really.

What i was saying to ppl pre season 1 and they cept crying OMG ASSASINS ARE OP MAN they will rule the arenas!

Exactly.

some famous Sin qqers likely will show up and say when 2.5 hits Dark Maul is going to be FoTM and destroy arenas lol.

Well 2.5 changes have changed as well. No buff to mauls dmg just a lowered force cost by 10, plus some other minor buffs and the armor buff was reduced to 20% down from 40%.

Before anyone tries to take credit that their qq worked. No this wasn't because PvPers complained it was due to closed beta feedback.

Exactly.

some famous Sin qqers likely will show up and say when 2.5 hits Dark Maul is going to be FoTM and destroy arenas lol.

Well 2.5 changes have changed as well. No buff to mauls dmg just a lowered force cost by 10, plus some other minor buffs and the armor buff was reduced to 20% down from 40%.

Before anyone tries to take credit that their qq worked. No this wasn't because PvPers complained it was due to closed beta feedback.

They reduced the *********** armor buff? What is seriously going on over there at BW. Did they give the self healing back then? Or did they just take away all the self healing and remove the armor tradeoff they were giving for it?

Also PS: every day so far the number of solo sins has been about 1 or 2 higher than sage/sorc, but for team ranked sorc/sage has outnumbered sins/shadows.

Been saying this is reality for a long time and QQers like Fozy who get wrecked in regs think it's because sins are OP. It's because the deception spec is the best spec at destroying noobs in regs. If anyone on his team would have been good at all the deception sins on the other team would be nullified completely.

Anyhow none of this is a surprise to me, these leaderboards turned out almost exactly the way I expected them to. And most likely for the exact reasons I thought they'd be that way. Gonna be playing POE mostly until space pvp is released because bioware hasn't actually balanced anything in well over a year.

Edited by JP_Legatus

PT/Vang 13/50

Mara/sent 11/50

Op/Scoundrel 8/50

Shadow/Sin 6/50

Sniper/Slinger 5/50

sage/sorc 5/50

Merc/Mando 1/50

Gaurd/Jug 1/50

Some info to digest.

Another way to look at it is to look at the rating of the #50 rank of each advanced class:

PT/Vang 13/50 1484

Mara/sent 11/50 1468

Op/Scoundrel 8/50 1433

Shadow/Sin 6/50 1403

sage/sorc 5/50 1403

Sniper/Slinger 5/50 1340

Guard/Jug 1/50 1374

Merc/Mando 1/50 1333

Not surprisingly, the order is almost the same. PTs and Maras dominate, followed by Operatives. Guardian is low because I'm guessing tanking is underrepresented due to lack of queue pops.

Still waiting to be able to play my sins / shadow. Haven't touched them for months. I don't like dumbceptions gameplay in regs. I always feel dirty after playing it. I don't like tanksin either anymore. Was really hoping Bioware would fix this class for 2.5 but it seems that too many scrubba dub dubs want to keep their electric ambush and don't want the class actually balanced. Edited by JackNader

Honestly, its a lot better than I expected it to be for arenas, was expecting it to be a complete fail, but with the aoe red it works quite well. Not to mention pull is epic when used right for interrupting.

You forgot one thing, sir.

I AM the forum.

yeah and this is exactly why Tank Assassin is rank 1 in arena leaderboards.

You mean that sin from TOFN, the server where all the players are abusing the rating exploit?

Clearly sin tank is the best tank, just like mercs are the best overall class since there was a merc at the #1 spot for a day via exploit.

Meanwhile the fact that there are almost 3 times as many PT, OP, and Mara's in the top 100 indicate nothing.

:rolleyes:

Edited by JP_Legatus

You mean that sin from TOFN, the server where all the players are abusing the rating exploit?

Clearly sin tank is the best tank, just like mercs are the best overall class since there was a merc at the #1 spot for a day via exploit.

Meanwhile the fact that there are almost 3 times as many PT, OP, and Mara's in the top 100 indicate nothing.

can't you guys like, exit combat and heal to full or something? Obviously imba and should be nerfed.

Turns out that Sins are actually junk outside of their opening burst which is pretty much useless against any semi coordinated team.

Shhh! Keep a lid on that! We don't want the bads to realize the reason they lose to Sins is because they're bad!

all players? Sorry but Gerikke and his wintrader-buddies from DRAMA are not "the server".

I'm not saying sin tank is the best tank, I'm just saying that it is up there and that is more of a player behind the class rather than the class behind the player. While 90% teams of TOFN run PowerTech AP tanks(the FOTM) Assassin Tank up there just looks like a 1-time exception, just like other competitive TOFN teams running with Sorc DPS, Vengeance Juggs etc. Its the Player, not the Class.

Everyone thinks Sins are Op cause they go against the pub stars in 8 Man regs.

Turns out that Sins are actually junk outside of their opening burst which is pretty much useless against any semi coordinated team.

But Marauders need a buff, its clear.

Not junk but not quite par.

Prob with a Sin/shadow is you have to work twice as hard to get the same results of a PT or Mara

Good players will do well with them but they can do even better with other classes.

Good players will do well with them but they can do even better with other classes.

Just to get at this for now, I disagree. Other classes might have it easier, and I fully agree with you there, but that doesn't mean an Assassin can't do better than a Marauder overall. Even in the hands of the same player.

That is just because the versatility of the Assassin class is so much better than the Marauder class.

Just to get at this for now, I disagree. Other classes might have it easier, and I fully agree with you there, but that doesn't mean an Assassin can't do better than a Marauder overall. Even in the hands of the same player.

That is just because the versatility of the Assassin class is so much better than the Marauder class.

Versatility at what? The versatility to have less damage and survivability than pts and maras?

I've been an assassin main since release, and pretty good at it. But when we do serious play I switch to one of my other classes, because sins aren't the best in slot and never have been.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Versatility at what? The versatility to have less damage and survivability than pts and maras?

I've been an assassin main since release, and pretty good at it. But when we do serious play I switch to one of my other classes, because sins aren't the best in slot and never have been.

You mean you aren't good at your sin.

Keep posting bro, mad typing skills.

all players? Sorry but Gerikke and his wintrader-buddies from DRAMA are not "the server".

I'm not saying sin tank is the best tank, I'm just saying that it is up there and that is more of a player behind the class rather than the class behind the player. While 90% teams of TOFN run PowerTech AP tanks(the FOTM) Assassin Tank up there just looks like a 1-time exception, just like other competitive TOFN teams running with Sorc DPS, Vengeance Juggs etc. Its the Player, not the Class.

And I'm just saying the so called "top sin" just happens to be from tofn, while the rest of the top spots are populated by PT op and Mara. You draw your own conclusions. :p

Edited by JP_Legatus

And I'm just saying the so called "top sin" just happens to be from tofn, while the rest of the top spots are populated by PT op and Mara. You draw your own conclusions. :p

Do you look into anything you say or just spout endless *****? 5people does not equal an entire server. I'd also be willing to bet anyone of those 5people could steamroll any of your toons in a legit duel(Which believe me, is painful for me to say), they wintraded for comms, rating was a bug that was coincidental to what they did.

Also, you'd have seen in the threads about it that said sin tank was one of the guys calling for them to be banned, and has been arguing with the guys from drama about it for quite a few days now. But you dismiss an entire server based on 4people, go you!

Edited by Aragost