The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Covert weapon sets

jphart

I would like to see a set of weapons that do not show when you have them holstered.

That's interesting... but there's a few issues:

1. If it's invisible while it's holstered, that would mean it would have to be visible while it's not... Which would probably anger some people who greatly dislike the model of it but still want a weapon that's invisible while it's holstered.

2. Lore-wise, it makes almost no sense, because you would be literally be pulling a weapon out of thin air. Unless it has some stealth technology like an Operative, but there isn't much point in doing that to a weapon.

That's interesting... but there's a few issues:

1. If it's invisible while it's holstered, that would mean it would have to be visible while it's not... Which would probably anger some people who greatly dislike the model of it but still want a weapon that's invisible while it's holstered.

2. Lore-wise, it makes almost no sense, because you would be literally be pulling a weapon out of thin air. Unless it has some stealth technology like an Operative, but there isn't much point in doing that to a weapon.

Would it be any more lore breaking or strange looking than a massive assault cannon being holstered on the bikini strings of a dancer's outfit?

Hidden weapons are common enough in the lore. Qui-gon wore a poncho that hid his sabre, Mara used hold out blasters, Etc.

Changing the animations to represent pulling a hidden weapon would be more trouble than it is worth so just make the models small and simple when in use and invisible when not.

I would like to see a set of weapons that do not show when you have them holstered.

or how about an option to hide weapons while holstered much like we can hide helms.

This will probably never happen though. EA is mostly about making money and bringing in new players. A feature like this will have no impact on either.

I'd love this. I have a Twi'lek Operative and back mounted weapons (the only kind he can use) clip like mad with his lekku, which is also why I haven't made a Trooper one yet. Assault cannon + lekku = :eek:

As for the strangeness of a weapon just appearing when unholstered, I see no problem here. My Smuggler can already pull a big ol' shotgun out of thin air, and my Agent magically has a blaster pistol in cut scenes, so I see no reason why other weapons couldn't also be pulled out of hammerspace during a fight. :p

This wouldn't be that unusual, actually. In FFXIV you can choose to have your weapon hidden when it isn't drawn.

Edited by Gwena

• 2 weeks later...