If you're going to force Arenas as a Normal WZ que Option.....

ZooMzy

Then please don't totally ruin the integrity of the matches by adding in players unless it creates an even count for each side.

It's kind of silly how many matches can be attributed to losses that I've played where the number count was the same and we could win no matter the enemy team roles, then totally get screwed over by the addition of another player without one to our side as well.

If you're going to institute imbalance in roles, at least avoid completely pissing off your player base by forcing us to play 3v2, 4v2, or 4v3 where the combination of both creates an unwinnable situation.

Don't care how many people enter the queue, you people in that department should know how influential fighting a man down is in your weird perversion of forcing regs to play frustrating imbalanced arenas. So if you want to try and avoid creating a system where people get more pissed off than enjoyment from the game, maybe you should either remove your fail arenas from the regs entirely or simply change it to where it's only the failures of imbalanced teams AND even number of players. Odd numbers = loss for the team with less everytime if the roles don't match, and since they never do in reg fail arenas, stop adding in odd* numbers of players.

Edited by ZooMzy

Biofail need to give players a CHOICE to Q for their crappy Arenas. I don't play Arenas and get annoyed when I join when there's like only a few seconds left until it starts. Do I feel guilty when I leave? Yes. Is it my fault? No.

Its Biofails.

I am guessing that I am not the only one, so is it any wonder we have so many unbalanced matches. And, lets not forget joining a game DEAD. Waste of bandwith....like Arenas.

This has to be the dumbest idea they have had and they need to change it

One of the biggest reasons you may get stuck with a 4v3 is because of the as$hats who enter and leave without playing. It's 5-6 minutes, suck it up. It can also give you the fastest wins in the game, lol.

You don't feel it as much in the 8v8 WZ's because there are more people... but those morons are as much to blame as the game.

The arena WZ's are my absolute favorite, I wish they'd either pop more, OR like the guys above says, I wish they'd at least give us an option to choose "Arena" or "Other" when queuing for regulars... it would help people feel more confident about playing ranked AND solve the leaver problems.

Z

Edited by ZNICK

One of the biggest reasons you may get stuck with a 4v3 is because of the as$hats who enter and leave without playing. It's 5-6 minutes, suck it up. It can also give you the fastest wins in the game, lol.

You don't feel it as much in the 8v8 WZ's because there are more people... but those morons are as much to blame as the game.

The arena WZ's are my absolute favorite, I wish they'd either pop more, OR like the guys above says, I wish they'd at least give us an option to choose "Arena" or "Other" when queuing for regulars... it would help people feel more confident about playing ranked AND solve the leaver problems.

Z

If you want to throw stones, Arenas are designed for the brainless who have no concept in defending or the capability to think.

There's only one way to make this fair and stop people leaving and thats to place Arenas in their own Q.

Nobody's throwing stones, I'm just calling a spade a spade. Anyone who gets put in the WZ and screws the 3 other people by leaving instead of spending the WHOLE 3-5 minutes it takes to finish it is a part of the problem and not the solution.

Your "arenas are brainless" comment is silly. Arenas are the most strategy intensive WZ's in the game... show me a 8v8 where the entire game changes based on the make-up of the opposing team. The 8x8's are zergfests, nothing more.

And I agree, I wish they would let people choose arenas outside of ranked, for many reasons. At least we agree on one thing. :eek:

Z

Edited by ZNICK

If you want to throw stones, Arenas are designed for the brainless who have no concept in defending or the capability to think.

wut

Hating arenas is one thing but your reason makes absolutely zero sense. Brainless people fail in arenas....

@OP Quitters are very annoying but like it was mentioned, arenas don't last 15 minutes like WZs. You can pray that your opponents suck and even win both rounds :p

edit: what ZNICK said.

Edited by Darkshadz

Nobody's throwing stones, I'm just calling a spade a spade. Anyone who gets put in the WZ and screws the 3 other people by leaving instead of spending the WHOLE 3-5 minutes it takes to finish it is a part of the problem and not the solution.

Your "arenas are brainless" comment is silly. Arenas are the most strategy intensive WZ's in the game... show me a 8v8 where the entire game changes based on the make-up of the opposing team. The 8x8's are zergfests, nothing more.

And I agree, I wish they would let people choose arenas outside of ranked, for many reasons. At least we agree on one thing. :eek:

Z

You must have edited it when I quoted it because you were telling those who want 8v8 to suck it up. hence my response.

Z

You don't feel it as much in 8v8 because even with failures on a team, you as a player can still do something. Versus arenas, where you have to rely on your team to be a factor, and if your team sucks, you in turn suck.

The problem isn't arenas themselves, but the overall delicate situation they are designed to be. And I'm not talking about the quitters, I'm talking about the games where the queue will shuffle in a player to one side, but leaves the other side down one. In that sense, the game shouldn't be looking to add players if the match up is say, 3v3 already, and the only way they should do is if they at least have an even number to enter for both sides.

If not, then they should let the odd person who queued stay out. It's only 5-6 minutes, because that point works here.

However, if Bioware/EA wants to adopt the policy you seem to be advocating, where it's ok to screw people over because it's a short match, then so be it. Let's just hope they aren't going to then adopt the policy of stupidity and wonder why the forums are usually cluttered with angry threads and overall complaints day in and day out.

Edited by ZooMzy

The biggest problem with normal arenas is that there is no matchmaking. I mean it doesn't have to make perfect matches but at the same time there should never be 4 dps vs 4 healers and ESPECIALLY when that is a same faction match, which I have done. They either need to put in at least some kind of matchmaking or allow us to respec for non ranked again, at least before the match starts.

The biggest problem with normal arenas is that there is no matchmaking. I mean it doesn't have to make perfect matches but at the same time there should never be 4 dps vs 4 healers and ESPECIALLY when that is a same faction match, which I have done. They either need to put in at least some kind of matchmaking or allow us to respec for non ranked again, at least before the match starts.

I personally don't mind the match making, as there are only a few setups that usually will ruin the match (mostly, if a healer is involved)

However, the aspect of fighting a few or even one player down is in itself a crippling move, and combining both together (mismatch + 4v3) creates a truly unwinnable situation. Either one being a problem can be overcome if they are the only factor, but since match making is more of a problem in terms of player population, the queue should be designed to prevent imbalance on teams in terms of count.

Keyword: prevent. If someone quits, so be it. But the queue itself shouldn't cripple a competing team's chances to win by shuffling in a player to the other side, and it's kind of getting annoying losing all these matches 1-2 because after the first round win, the enemy side gets another player (Literally played a match of a tank, healer, and DPS versus 3 DPS and won by team play about 10 minutes ago, but lost later on because the tank healer DPS group got another DPS).

Edited by ZooMzy

Right now I agree with this, since I'm not a fan of arenas. However, I realize that my distaste towards arenas is mostly due to the fact that I don't know many tactics for them, and neither do most of the people I get matched with. So the tactic is "headless chickens trying to kill the healer". Hopefully, this will be fixed when I learn more about how to succeed in those things.

Part of the number problem is the fact that when a player quits an arena the next person in queue has 2 minutes to accept the warzone + the time to load the warzone.

By then the 1st match has started and possibly ended since you can't spawn after the round starts. That pisses off more players into quitting and the problem snowballs.

It can take 2.5 minutes just to get a replacement and the whole thing is over in 5-6 minutes so if more than one person leaves chances are you'll be down players the whole match.

All of this would be solved if people would just suck it up an play the 5 minutes. Chances are you'll be waiting about that much time for another warzone anyway. Might as well get 5 mins of practice in and a win/loss in the meantime.

Z

Utter crap.

Arenas are merely a dps race to the get the 1st kill, then its simple maths.

The only skill needed is the ability to focus the same target.

They will never give us the option to choose warzone type, given that arenas are their new toy and they want us to play them, whether we enjoy them or not.

I have a slight hope that the arena lovers will all piss off and play space pvp soon and leave real pvp to the people who have always played it. I am tired of seeing all the PVErs running around duelling in proper warzones as they see everything as an arena.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Let me be captain obvious for a minute and explain this once and for all.

There's a single simple reason for all your PVP problems.

Here it comes.

You ready?

....Small player pool....

One more time in caps and with echo:

( ( ( (( ((( SMALL PLAYER POOL ))) )) ) ) )

Do you really think that devs don't undestand that we need:

a) More brackets , idealy every 10 levels plus 51-54 bracket.

Fighting a level 54 with your fresh level 30 isn't fun...

b) Separate queues for all combinations of ranked, unranked, solo and team.

c) Matchmaking based on rank, experience, class, spec and even gear.

All these things are possible if there are enough players.

There aren't.

Conclusion:

Deal with it, take it or leave it.

Edited by CanSolo

Biofail need to give players a CHOICE to Q for their crappy Arenas. I don't play Arenas and get annoyed when I join when there's like only a few seconds left until it starts. Do I feel guilty when I leave? Yes. Is it my fault? No.

Its Biofails.

I am guessing that I am not the only one, so is it any wonder we have so many unbalanced matches. And, lets not forget joining a game DEAD. Waste of bandwith....like Arenas.

Sorry if you dont want pvp you should not queue for it :-) Arenas are about pure pvp so you can show your skills in quite short match against other players. Whats the point of quitting ? You achieve nothing and just piss of your team members. Seems like you dont want pvp but just warzones because you are one of the guys that must be carried by the whole team. Evidence is just your ignorance to others by constant quiting. REAL pvpers are glad arenas are here. No boring nod guarding anymore. The time to show how can you control your char against others is here - you fail at it ? Dont blame devs.

Its Biofails.

I wonder with a sig like (Full time quitter) you even PVP at all?

Why even bother playing this game for PVP, your enjoyment isn't more important than others, and you are looking at this game for your playtime as a selfish attitude toward actual team work PVP which takes a WHOLE team to NOT quit and to stick it out to try to win.

Blaming Bioware for your actions is like a 45 year old blaming their parents when that 45 year old robs a bank and shoots everyone.

You think anyone cares who that person blames, and we all know that person is making excuses don't we.

A hard fought lose is better than seeing a sore loser that quits and makes other people suffer for his opinion about how a game should be, sorry but that fact is the bottom line.

I mean am I wrong here or are you here just to complain all the time?

I am truly sorry if I am offending you for this comment to you, outside looking in I feel you should just quit the game all together and move on to something else.

It's more the obvious you don't enjoy this game.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Makavelithug

I wonder with a sig like (Full time quitter) you even PVP at all?

Why even bother playing this game for PVP, your enjoyment isn't more important than others, and you are looking at this game for your playtime as a selfish attitude toward actual team work PVP which takes a WHOLE team to NOT quit and to stick it out to try to win.

Blaming Bioware for your actions is like a 45 year old blaming their parents when that 45 year old robs a bank and shoots everyone.

You think anyone cares who that person blames, and we all know that person is making excuses don't we.

A hard fought lose is better than seeing a sore loser that quits and makes other people suffer for his opinion about how a game should be, sorry but that fact is the bottom line.

I mean am I wrong here or are you here just to complain all the time?

I am truly sorry if I am offending you for this comment to you, outside looking in I feel you should just quit the game all together and move on to something else.

It's more the obvious you don't enjoy this game.

My 2 cents.

Maybe you have forgotten some key facts

1 - Warzones used to be just 8v8. Perfect

It's as simple as that. I don't like Arenas, don't like the format, if I did, I would be playing WoW. And for your information Biofail ARE to blame. Why? They introduced 4v4 into the normal Q - stupid idea. Instead, logic says that 4v4 is different to 8v8 and should have their own Q.

And I am making no one suffer when I leave a game. I leave the second I arrive in an Arena. If I spawn dead because the game has already started, I will still leave. I pay my sub and until you pay it for me, I decide what I can/can't do.

if you enjoy Arenas - fine, go and play Ranked, where they belong. And of course you will be happy with Arenas, after your little 'Im back' post - easy coms. So I suggest you play more then comeback with a correct response.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Maybe you have forgotten some key facts

1 - Warzones used to be just 8v8. Perfect

They are still 8 vs 8, not ranked atm.

Also your sig used to say (Warzone Quitter) now is (Arena Quitter), and on these forums (Don't understand what people are telling you Quitter)

See the trend?

I leave the second I arrive in an Arena. If I spawn dead because the game has already started, I will still leave. I pay my sub and until you pay it for me, I decide what I can/can't do.

You truly are a revelation, bet your a real treat in real life.

I agree its your sub and you choose what you can/can't do, and me posting you is irrelevant to that fact, I just find it funny watching you type outta a hole you live in your brain on how its ok to have that attitude.

Whatever.

They are still 8 vs 8, not ranked atm.

Also your sig used to say (Warzone Quitter) now is (Arena Quitter), and on these forums (Don't understand what people are telling you Quitter)

See the trend?

You are a clown. My sign NEVER said Warzone quitter - it's ALWAYS said Arena Quitter. I suggest you take yourself to Specsavers, I've heard they have an offer on for people like you

Bingo!

You are just the worst type of person, so negative ALL the time. Biofail this, Biofail that. You son are truly the type of person that this game does not need. Why hang about if you are so resentful to it? Arenas are here to stay and guess what, a new arena is being added soon. One more arena to mix things up in your beloved solo queue.

I don't think I have ever read a post from you that has a one tiny bit of a positive spin on it. You must been a ton of fun at all parties Darth Emo

/highfive

Honestly, I can't stand being forced into arenas and here is why.

I'm bad at PvP. I enjoy doing PvP, it is entertaining, I just know I'm not that good at it. That's why I play on a PvE server. I like warzones because they are large areas, sometimes I do great in warzones, other times I don't. In arenas though, I hate being the reason my team loses which is almost entirely the case every time I do an arena. I would prefer the choice to either do arenas or warzones. I don't leave the game, but I know I'm not good enough at PvP to be effective at them. Especially since my PvP gear is just garbage. Warzones are better for my playstyle, arenas take a lot of practice to be good at them, and in PvP I just don't plan on getting to that level. I'm good at healing raids, PvP is just for fun for me.

Just speak with with your wallet, like I already have done.

;)

Anyway, just my 2 cents since I already took the time to hit the "reply" button:

Forcing someone to run content that he/she does not enjoy is not a smart decision (in my humble opinion), the smart thing to do would have been to make separate queues for warzones and arenas.

But...

- The player base is too small to do that ?

- You cannot implement cross-server queues to make up for it because the code does not support it ?

Let's add that...

- You implement a format that emphasizes on balance while having a whole one-man team (!) in charge of pvp design and balancing (the worldwide top 100 speaks clearly I think).

- While you are at it you remove ranked warzones (which still appealed to a part of the pvp playerbase and were already implemented).

And still you do it ?

This is bad business practice, simple as that.

Don't forget that arenas is a type of content that you already knew, (Arenatards Vs. BG Heroes anyone ?), that was going to generate hatred and fractures in the player base, (just read the pvp forum).

As I said, bad business practice, but this is just my opinion, for what it counts (read = nothing :D).

Peace, out.

:rak_09:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.