Great one liners in star wars. As it should be!

Xodiustheimpaler

Quest: Exploding mines

Planet: Hoth

Faction: Republic

Information: This is the quest when the imperials wants to blow up Aurek base through the devious method of a massive gas explosion.

You meet private Falk, and if you choose to spare him he will say "You are leaving me on Hoth?! Why didn't you just shoot me!"

That was the best one liner ive heard through my questing in SWTOR. And ive played through all characters stories except the jedi knights. This actually gave me pause.

So, in this thread I want you guys to collect awesome phrases and one liners that got you that epic star wars feeling. Why do we do this? In the hopes that every sentence that Bioware implements with voice acting into this game will be up to par with what the star wars saga deserves. :D

There's another one in that mission. I think I got a screenshot of it (I'm not on that computer right now), but

either you or your companion, upon discovering some plot point, says something like, "What the ... Falk?"

OK, maybe I'm childish, but it made me laugh. A lot.

• 7 months later...
There's another one in that mission. I think I got a screenshot of it (I'm not on that computer right now), but

either you or your companion, upon discovering some plot point, says something like, "What the ... Falk?"

OK, maybe I'm childish, but it made me laugh. A lot.

Actually it's when your contact the Lieutenant back at the base to send someone to arrest Private Falk. The Lieutenant says "Falk? What the..."

"I would...but I'm pretty sure that's against the Jedi Code."

My Knight in the Lost Island flashpoint when the last boss asks you to join his Rakghoul legion.

I couldn't stop laughing, just the way the male VA for the Jedi Knight delivers that line.

"I would...but I'm pretty sure that's against the Jedi Code."

My Knight in the Lost Island flashpoint when the last boss asks you to join his Rakghoul legion.

I couldn't stop laughing, just the way the male VA for the Jedi Knight delivers that line.

I love David Hayter! He's a great VA.

I love David Hayter! He's a great VA.

Indeed! Though I did notice in later lines (like during the Forged Alliance questline), he let some of his Solid Snake leak into his voicework.

Not that it was bad, just a little jarring.

Okay, what BH class lacks in story, it makes up in characters and dialogues. And the VA, at least the male one, is just awesome in his delivery!

Right you are. I really liked his tough guy line when meeting the Imperial Intelligence customer (Captain Medle) on Dromund Kaas, for example.

The Captain starts going on about how powerful Intelligence is and how he could make you disappear just by saying a single word. You quickdraw to point a gun at him and say you'd like to hear that word...

Khem Val has a funny line or two:

On Tatooine he says as you enter a cantina,

"I have an excellent Pazaak face. That was a joke, I hate Pazaak."

Just because its so unexpected. :p

Here's another of my favourites:

"These prattling creatures call themselves Sith? The legacy of Tulak Hord is lost."

Sith Warrior, upon arrival on Dromund Kaas:

"It was a long shuttle ride."

You gotta go through the story to know why it's awesome :D

And the one Smuggler said to that Corellian Councillor, something about killing his boss, taking his money, dump him on the street for the citizen.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I got another one. I love it when they give sassy lines.

Trooper on Makeb when told by Gez Addar that hopefully he/she will give wisdom and perspective on the negotiations with the Hutt Cartel.

Trooper: *raises one pistol* This is wisdom. *raises another pistol* And this is perspective, start talking but don't waste my time.

I think I died laughing.

oh man this thread is right up my alley! I'd have to say that if you're looking for one liners, the smuggler story is full of them. one that stuck out to me was

When when you're confronting bounty hunters (scorch and two other ppl) on coruscant, You say "You kids run home to your mommas before I spank you". :D

Sith Warrior, upon arrival on Dromund Kaas:

"It was a long shuttle ride."

You gotta go through the story to know why it's awesome :D

And the one Smuggler said to that Corellian Councillor, something about killing his boss, taking his money, dump him on the street for the citizen.

My favorite line is Vette's quote just after it:

"You were going through withdrawal. I get it."

Cracks me up everytime, and I take the DSP just to hear it.

(SW - Belsavis)

SW: "You are truly Baras's kin. To betray someone so loyal to you."

Darth Ekkage: "It is family tradition."

(BH - alderaan)

Savorin Malfus the seventh: "Look, I have here tokens of respect for my peers. A mission for a page. Deliver them and earn a ten-year-olds honor. Then I can speak to you."

Bounty hunter: "How about I deliver your teeth?"

(BH - belsavis)

Skadge: "What are you standin' around for? Lets blast this place to pieces!"

Bounty hunter: "I don't throw temper tantrums."

(BH - Hoth)

Ransomer: "H-how? This should have been total overkill."

BH: "Buddy, I'll show you overkill."

(BH companion convo)

Gault: "Just acquired some nice form-fitting blast armor. Thought I'd see if it would stand up to a trained eye. Apparently so, if your 'observation' is any indication."

BH: "Be happy to see if it stands up to my blaster."

Gault: "I can always count on you to keep my welfare in mind."

Edited by Karkais

I was looking for the exact dialogue for my favorite one ever, on Ilum, and look what I found... the second quote is also one I had in mind!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=657891

About the BH one, before he replies to the Jedi, the BH turns to his pet and the both make the funniest puzzled face, right before mocking the jedi hand "not your droids" gesture. Killer.

Also, where the voice actor for male knight impressed me most was his delivery of what you say when you come back from the Chamber of Speech H2 on Tython. "What did you find?", askes the NPC.

"Memories of peace. A gentler past."

Written, it doesn't convey much. However, the way this is delivered... incredible, majestuous acting.

Edited by BenduKundalini

oh man this thread is right up my alley! I'd have to say that if you're looking for one liners, the smuggler story is full of them. one that stuck out to me was

When when you're confronting bounty hunters (scorch and two other ppl) on coruscant, You say "You kids run home to your mommas before I spank you". :D

The same encounter, different option:

"Is that a hairstyle, or did a womp rat die on your head?"