The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Infinite Empire vs. The Galatic Empire

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg

Didn't Kotor say they turned the surface of Tattooine (which had been a forest world) into glass via orbital bombardment, which was why Tattooine metals were flawed in some inexplicable way. That would indicate a level of technology at least on par with Palpatine's fleet, possibly higher since the deterioration of Metal on Tattooine could be nano-tech or residue of some sort of molecular disintegrator.
Good point, I hadn't thought about that.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Kotor say they turned the surface of Tattooine (which had been a forest world) into glass via orbital bombardment, which was why Tattooine metals were flawed in some inexplicable way. That would indicate a level of technology at least on par with Palpatine's fleet, possibly higher since the deterioration of Metal on Tattooine could be nano-tech or residue of some sort of molecular disintegrator.

Troop wise, they left behind robots that were capable of limited self-reasoning, and armed with functioning blaster type weapons, and these had had no maintainence for centuries. I think it's safe to assume they kept the best robots with them, and with regular maintainence they would be superior to the robots of Palpatine's era. Of course this is an assumption, and I will safely bow out to more accurate information.

Well as Aurbere pointed out, the ships didn't do it. It was some disruptor field tech, so were back to having vague info on their fleets again. Palpatine's ships could do the same really with Base Delta Zeros, they didn't really need any special tech to help them out.

Ok so ground forces...again vague.

I'm really just pulling for the GE here, way too much speculation for the IE to make this an actual debate.

See this post.

Pretty much everything we have.

You said it was all theory crafting....ya the IE has some information....but not in the likes of

1. What their fleet actually was

2. What weapons/troops they had. (As in detail..)

I'm not gonna take "their equipment was powered by The Force so > Other tech", because....the 1st lightsaber(well Forcesaber) they made was powered by The Force yes? Yet later on.....that was replaced with just materials to make it.

Hyperdrives....the galaxy made better ones.

Energy Shields again later on they were made too.

I can go with that some IE tech maybe the same, but superior? No.

=======

But all in all the biggest issue here is that, they just have

These guys

and

Force Hounds

Now the Force Hounds while there are actually noted some(though only one has anything substantial in the way of info). I only see them as being the real threat here, as far as ground warfare goes. But now...the GE has their own brand of Force Sensitives and the like so...only see that for a time until they meet up with those.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm really just pulling for the GE here, way too much speculation for the IE to make this an actual debate.
And that argument isn't also speculative because?

Just because we have more information on a certain faction doesn't mean they win.

It's OK to speculate Wolf, let go of the facts, embrace the chaos!

And that argument isn't also speculative because?

Just because we have more information on a certain faction doesn't mean they win.

It's OK to speculate Wolf, let go of the facts, embrace the chaos!

NEVAH! I'll never turn to the speculative side! You've failed your highness, I'm a factor like the others before me!

Well as Aurbere pointed out, the ships didn't do it.

Well, I'm not sure if the ships actually did it. I'll post the quote for everyone.

For millennia, the Rakata ruled the galaxy, crossing space in their skipships, devastating planets with disruptor fields, and building armies of war droids.

Well, I'm not sure if the ships actually did it. I'll post the quote for everyone.

Edit: Wait now...from what I see, is that they affected electrical systems on starships, they didn't ravage worlds....shown in Kotor 1 if you recall Carth said something about a disruptor field and he had to land the Ebon Hawk.

Also it seems the only one was at the Temple of the Ancients.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Edit: Wait now...from what I see, is that they affected electrical systems on starships, they didn't ravage worlds....shown in Kotor 1 if you recall Carth said something about a disruptor field and he had to land the Ebon Hawk.

Also it seems the only one was at the Temple of the Ancients.

Yah... no. Definitely no.

"We've got problems! We've flown into some kinda disruptor field. All my instruments are jammed! We've got massive overloads on all systems!"- Carth.

Well that's just great. But try explaining why the Rakata would devastate their homeworld with a planet ravaging superweapon, and why that didn't happen. All this proves is that the Rakata possessed disruptor field technology, clearly this planet ravaging version was amplified considerably.

Well that's just great. But try explaining why the Rakata would devastate their homeworld with a planet ravaging superweapon, and why that didn't happen. All this proves is that the Rakata possessed disruptor field technology, clearly this planet ravaging version was amplified considerably.

They wouldn't but I'm just pointing out that the disruptor field was used to bring down starships on the planet. Though I don't see any version stating they could ravage planets now...

Aurbere your positive that is what it says?

Anyway really moot regardless, the Empire could do the same with their ships anyhow.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

They wouldn't but I'm just pointing out that the disruptor field was used to bring down starships on the planet. Though I don't see any version stating they could ravage planets now...

Aurbere your positive that is what it says?

Anyway really moot regardless, the Empire could do the same with their ships anyhow.

Aurbere just gave us a quote stating exactly that. Unless he misread.

Galactic Empire lost to Ewoks. EWOKS. My paint ball team would destroy the galactic empire.

Right, because the entirety of the Empire's military was on Endor, and they were stupid enough to let Ewoks on board their ships. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though. Read The Essential Guide to Warfare. Clears this whole Ewok fiasco up real good.

Right, because the entirety of the Empire's military was on Endor, and they were stupid enough to let Ewoks on board their ships. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though. Read The Essential Guide to Warfare. Clears this whole Ewok fiasco up real good.

Oh really? What does it say? Let it be known! Besides people put too much stock in just the Ewoks, without also noting the other things going against the Empire there.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Oh really? What does it say? Let it be known! Besides people put too much stock in just the Ewoks, without also noting the other things going against the Empire there.

You know, I think I'll post a thread about it. Tomorrow since it's almost midnight.