The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Level 55 Powertech Augments...

ZNICK

Yeah, you got it. Each one is 30something K to install, though, so it isn't cheap.

You can basically never go wrong with shield chance augs as a PT tank. If your defense is below 20%, defense may give you a better return for your dollar, but your gear should naturally fill out that gap as it improves. At my level (almost full 78s), it seems like too much defense gear drops and I am finding myself struggling for shield chance/absorb mods and enhancements.

If you cannot afford the purple augments, at least get the blues and keep them as placeholders until you can afford the purples. They're about 90% as good as the purples and a whole lot better than nothing at all.

And don't get endurance augs. Mitigation is way better and healers don't usually like spongebob builds.

Yeah, I am asking about PvP.... I mentioned Obroan armor but wasn't very clear. Thanks to all...

Z

Yep, you want Endurance/Power augments then. Most attacks in PvP are yellow damage, which don't get mitigated the same way as white damage. Carnage Maras, MM Snipers, and a bit of Vengeance Jugg do a lot of white damage, but just about everything else you face in PvP is Force/Elemental/Tech...making your shields less effective. The only solution is to stack HP to get back some of your tank.

PTs especially don't have the defensive CDs of other tank specs, and you're heavily reliant on passive shielding.

Edited by TheronFett