Crested Orokeet / Model Flashfire

Screaming_Ziva

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for all the nice replies! It's great to see that I am not the only one interested in the cards. :i_smile:

InComm just got back to me regarding the cards:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with locating the prepaid Game Card. Since we are only the 3rd party providers of the cards, we are limited in the information available to use. We can only advise if the card was activated at the Point of Sale or not, and we can possibly see if the card is redeemed and who to. Everything else you would need to contact Game owner for assistance. As to availability of the cards in your area, we can only advise to reach out to the local merchants to see if the cards are available or if they can be ordered on your behalf.

Best Regards,

[name redacted]

InComm Customer Care

Unfortunately, they are not able to help me but it was worth a try. At least they have a more helpful customer service than SWTOR. :D So I suppose we are left with waiting for Eric or another dev to tell us what's up with the new cards. But from what I understand, the cards are handled by the marketing department/EA, so the devs don't know much about them aside from the fact that there is some kind of promotion with exclusive pets. Too bad we can't reach the person in charge of the cards directly, but are intercepted by Customer Support who has no information about them. :(

I suppose in a few months an employee in one of the stores will magically be able to find the new card in his computer, until then we are left with waiting. And if EA once again messes up the cards like they did for the Crested Orokeet, pet collectors are once again let down because they are unable to collect this pet. :(

GameStop does have a shelf with all kinds of game cards, similar to the ones at Best Buy at Walmart. Should the new GameStop card be a physical card from Fastcard, I am sure we will be able to find it there.

I suppose Walmart will wait until all of their Gilded Flutterplume cards are sold out before putting out new cards, they may also do the same for the EU cards.

Since the pet is printed directly on these cards, they can't just reuse the cards for another pet, and I don't think they want to throw them away or put out two different cards at the same time. The Walmart cards may just be a cardboard slip, but the EU cards are a sturdy DVD cover, wrapped in foil, similar to the 60-day game time cards.

I found another Walmart that had like 30 cartel coin cards left, so I went ahead and compared the cards with the ones from the other store: http://i.imgur.com/x4QetI5.jpg

For those cards, the small number on the right side of the bar code was 0413 10, so it was different to the other ones. I suppose that this number indicates the day the card was printed or something since consecutive cards have the same small number.

For those cards, only cards whose number ended with a 9 would have a star at the end. The card from the other Walmart with the star however, had a 6 at the end, so ending with a 9 alone does not seem to be the only rule for the star to appear.

All of the cards are in the range of 4.1 billion, unlike the 4.6 billion I found in the other store. So I suppose these cards are much older than the ones I found two days ago?

Anyway, if anyone would like to share their codes, maybe that will help with figuring out how the Crested Orokeet cards are numbered. :)

Edited by Jerba

Now that the holidays are over, in case a dev reads this, these are the most urgent questions at the moment, it would be great to get a response on those. :)

1) Will the Crested Orokeet ever be available in stores, either at Target or a different store?

2) When can we expect to see the new Galactic Starfighter pets at Walmart, GameStop and in the EU? If you have any SKU or UPC to help with finding the cards, that would be appreciated.

3) Will the old pets be retired, a.k.a. no longer available? Will you have new cards for the new pets, or will the old codes just carry over for the new pets, like it did for the Amazon.com codes?

4) Please fix the Help Center page as it has the pets mixed up. I believe this to be the correct list, but feel free to correct me on it:

Amazon (Digital): Imperial Scout "S-13 Sting" Starship Mini-Ship

BestBuy: Republic Scout "NovaDive" Starship Mini-Ship

GameStop: Republic Scout "Flashfire" Starship Mini-Ship

Walmart: Bomber "M-7 Razorwire" Starship Mini-Ship

EU Retailers: Imperial Scout "S-12 Blackbolt" Starship Mini-Ship

Edited by Jerba

Now that the holidays are over, in case a dev reads this, these are the most urgent questions at the moment, it would be great to get a response on those. :)

1) Will the Crested Orokeet ever be available in stores, either at Target or a different store?

2) When can we expect to see the new Galactic Starfighter pets at Walmart, GameStop and in the EU? If you have any SKU or UPC to help with finding the cards, that would be appreciated.

3) Will the old pets be retired, a.k.a. no longer available? Will you have new cards for the new pets, or will the old codes just carry over for the new pets, like it did for the Amazon.com codes?

4) Please fix the Help Center page as it has the pets mixed up. I believe this to be the correct list, but feel free to correct me on it:

Amazon (Digital): Imperial Scout "S-13 Sting" Starship Mini-Ship

BestBuy: Republic Scout "NovaDive" Starship Mini-Ship

GameStop: Republic Scout "Flashfire" Starship Mini-Ship

Walmart: Bomber "M-7 Razorwire" Starship Mini-Ship

EU Retailers: Imperial Scout "S-12 Blackbolt" Starship Mini-Ship

I too would like answers to all of these questions.

@Jerba - thanks for consolidating all of this information

@Jerba - awesome, awesome information, thank you so much. I was able to get the Walmart card today thanks entirely to your post (the tag pictures were particularly helpful).

I hesitate to set foot in a Walmart in general, but I had a gift card to burn, and this seemed like a good use for it. Getting the card was predictably difficult (no one had any idea what I was looking for), but thanks to the info in your picture, they were able to locate a bunch of the cards at a nearby store. Mission accomplished. So, thanks again. Your efforts are appreciated.

@Jerba - awesome, awesome information, thank you so much. I was able to get the Walmart card today thanks entirely to your post (the tag pictures were particularly helpful).

I hesitate to set foot in a Walmart in general, but I had a gift card to burn, and this seemed like a good use for it. Getting the card was predictably difficult (no one had any idea what I was looking for), but thanks to the info in your picture, they were able to locate a bunch of the cards at a nearby store. Mission accomplished. So, thanks again. Your efforts are appreciated.

That's nice to hear, it's always great to hear from other pet collectors! :)

So, has anyone had any luck with the Best Buy physical card and the Model NovaDive? I got a phsyical card at the Best Buy in October of 2013, and it gave me the Orokeet. Should I go in there and get another card and hope for the best?

It seems like all of the current Best Buy cards will give you the Model NovaDive. If you got the Orokeet from it, you were really lucky in getting it during the week when it was available. After this week, all of the physical Orokeet cards were either recalled or the codes automatically switched to the Model NovaDive, so it should be save to buy another Best Buy card now.

Note that the pet may in some places in game still be called "Model Flashfire", but it looks just like the NovaDive and they already wrote in the known issues that it has a wrong name.

Edited by Jerba

That's nice to hear, it's always great to hear from other pet collectors! :)

It seems like all of the current Best Buy cards will give you the Model NovaDive. If you got the Orokeet from it, you were really lucky in getting it during the week when it was available. After this week, all of the physical Orokeet cards were either recalled or the codes automatically switched to the Model NovaDive, so it should be save to buy another Best Buy card now.

Note that the pet may in some places in game still be called "Model Flashfire", but it looks just like the NovaDive and they already wrote in the known issues that it has a wrong name.

Good to know. I suppose I have an excuse to go to best buy and talk to that cute girl who works there. So, it won't be a total loss. lol

I can verify

Best Buy is the NovaDive.

Amazon (US) is S-13 Sting.

Just got them this week.

Just putting a little more two cents in to make sure ppl know because they apparently have only one person doing this pet sorting at BW in a basement who's name is Scruffy.

Talk about career suicide. :rolleyes:

Just putting a little more two cents in to make sure ppl know because they apparently have only one person doing this pet sorting at BW in a basement who's name is Scruffy.

Hardly!

As this thread proves, if Scruffy ever decides to open up shop and start taking bribes, there are quite a few of us willing to kick him back a pretty penny to get the pet we want!

(j/k.... mostly)

;)

I can verify

Best Buy is the NovaDive.

Amazon (US) is S-13 Sting.

Just got them this week.

Thanks for the verification! :)

The Amazon and Best Buy pets are really easy to get; if only GameStop and Walmart would step up to it. :)

My EU shop just got a new stock of the codes. Unfortunately, still no Blackbolt. Wasted 15 Euros to find that out. I really hoped that new delivery would have the new pet. :mad:

Hm, that's unfortunate. :( Thank you anyway for trying it out!

For the EU cards, we at least can see the pet on the back. I would assume that as long as the Forest Nekarr Cat is shown there, it won't give us the Blackbolt, but who knows for sure...

The Wal-Marts around me are still carrying the flutterplume. I'm guessing they won't get the other one until they sell out.

Thats a roger on the Walmart, my GF is main stock for that department so I know when they come in.

Atm it's the same flutterplume in my area of NE USA.

Thats a roger on the Walmart, my GF is main stock for that department so I know when they come in.

Atm it's the same flutterplume in my area of NE USA.

That's great to hear! Whenever she finds something like SWTOR Cartel Coins in the system, let us know. :)

Well, now it only says $35, but I can totally see Europeans paying that much for this pet since they can't get it so easily. At least he mentions the correct pet (NovaDive).

So was the the EU cat but I have it thanks to German friends.

Argument=invalid.

:D

No, the EU cat is not region-locked, you can buy it only in Europe (or online via Amazon.de and ship it worldwide) but you can enter it anywhere.

The Fastcards from Walmart and Best Buy however, can only bought in North America and only be activated there (U.S. and Canadian I.P. addresses), so buying the card on eBay won't help you much if you're from Europe.

And in other news -- I totally cannot believe it -- but they finally, for the first time, advertised the cartel coin cards. :eek:

And also look for some cool new stuff coming out with our partners Amazon and Best Buy. We've partnered up with them to give you some unique Starfighter mini-pets if you purchase Cartel Coin packs through those retailers.

They only mention Amazon and Best Buy, so I suppose Walmart, GameStop and the EU retailers really will be a long time out until they are available. It's funny that they show the Model S-13 Sting (from Amazon.com) and the Model M-7 Razorwire (Walmart) in the video even though the latter one is not yet available...

Edited by Jerba

So:

- S-13 Sting from Amazon

- Novadive from Best Buy

- No one has the "real" Flashfire or any of the other new CCC ships other than the above

- A few lucky bastards have the Crested Orokeet due to a mixup

Is that correct? Or were there other mixups where people got an extra pet?

The Fastcards from Walmart and Best Buy however, can only bought in North America and only be activated there (U.S. and Canadian I.P. addresses), so buying the card on eBay won't help you much if you're from Europe.

Well I know nothing about this, but I wonder if you googled it whether there are free, simple tools which can fool this website into thinking you are in the US when you aren't, to let you redeem the codes? I assume you shouldn't use them, but perhaps if you weren't in the US and really wanted to get the pets, then you could find a solution quite easily.