Third response always an evil response?

MJHoyle

Is the third response always an evil response? I've had situations where I've needed to make a multiple choice answer and what I expected to say came out completely different and upset my companions. Like on the jedi knight ship when I met with Kira she said that her master let her do whatever she pleased and I saw the third option "I'm not like your master", I expected the response would be something like "I do things a lot differently, I'll expect you to take being a jedi seriously and I'll be monitoring your progression", not "shut up and do what I tell you to do." It seems to me that most third responses are some hostile answer as I've rarely ever used the third response.

I find the top option tends to be a good answer if your light sided, the middle option tends to be both a mixture of the above with a hint of the third option and the third tends to be dark sided.

I think this is biowares mistake, as I tend sometimes to compeltely overlook the choices available andpick the top one. Ive found though a mixture of top and middle gives me companion points.. i have never tried the third option to see if it gives companion points as im scared I get dark side points.

I think the choices should be mixed up, and also the dark and light icon should be removed so we get dark or light sided points for the things we naturallly choose to say.

Whats the point in creating multiple choice , if in fact there is no actuall multiple choice as you know what to expect generally for the top, middle, and bottom choices ?

If we had all the choices mixed up, and lioght or dark sided hidden, we would actually get lightside, and dark side faction based on what we naturally think. It would allow us to try to fathom out why you made a bad choice before and got darkside points ???

Is anyone else with me on this ? :confused:

I find the top option tends to be a good answer if your light sided, the middle option tends to be both a mixture of the above with a hint of the third option and the third tends to be dark sided.

I think this is biowares mistake, as I tend sometimes to compeltely overlook the choices available andpick the top one. Ive found though a mixture of top and middle gives me companion points.. i have never tried the third option to see if it gives companion points as im scared I get dark side points.

I think the choices should be mixed up, and also the dark and light icon should be removed so we get dark or light sided points for the things we naturallly choose to say.

Whats the point in creating multiple choice , if in fact there is no actuall multiple choice as you know what to expect generally for the top, middle, and bottom choices ?

If we had all the choices mixed up, and lioght or dark sided hidden, we would actually get lightside, and dark side faction based on what we naturally think. It would allow us to try to fathom out why you made a bad choice before and got darkside points ???

Is anyone else with me on this ? :confused:

the thing is, you can already do that. you don't absolutely have to check what points you are going to gain.

however, some people play for progression, gear, etc, and well i hate to break it to you but light/dark side points are directly tied to that. there are items you can only use if you are light, or if you are dark, and other combinations of what you are or aren't.

and it's there so people can do that, also.

Lol top one is always the "yes sir/no sir three bags full sir, yes please, affirmative,ok,why not, no problem, I would love to, did I miss a spot, On my way!" response though.

Regardless of faction which is a shame because they could of made them swirv balls or whatever you baseball fans call.

Edited by Elgarr

Not all the answers are that obvious to the responses provided, some are so ambiguous what you think may be a friendly smirk or an encouragement is actually a vicious snapping instead.

There is also an option in interface->conversations that you can enable that will show dark/light sides in text next to the responses, so you dont have to mouseover things.

That works for ones that have dark/light alignment, not all answers give dark/light alignment.

Edited by MJHoyle