10-8-28 hybrid pvp build

GBux

So I was told by a veteran PVP'er that the this build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhMZMsMZfIMrzkbcc.3 is very successful and fun to play in pvp. So far I am having a blast with it. i am only level 34 so far but it is so much fun. I kite jedi all day, and I have enough staying power to kill most other classes. It seems to manage heat well and dishes out great damage. Has anyone tried this build lately in endgame? how does it compare with other specs?

I would highly recommend not to play a hybrid. They do not perform well and never did quite frankly. Either go full pyro with 10 points between shield tech and advanced prototype (AP) or go full AP, with 8-36-2 build, which is currently PT most powerful PvP build, and one of the strongest specs in PvP.

I would highly recommend not to play a hybrid. They do not perform well and never did quite frankly. Either go full pyro with 10 points between shield tech and advanced prototype (AP) or go full AP, with 8-36-2 build, which is currently PT most powerful PvP build, and one of the strongest specs in PvP.

I would say that a spec with oil slick, ion gas cylinder is similar good, different but also very good in pvp, so something along 11/33/2.

but I don't know how bad it is to lose immolate or the auto crit on rail-shot and the energy regeneration

oil slick on the other hand is also a great skill both for objective based PvP and arenas ... and you can guard and still do very good damage.

very hard to decide but that's good about the class.

Hybrid are actually par for the course for powertechs. And not taking TD is someone many pyros have done since the range nerf back in ancient history.

Also AP is really only good as a coordinated spec it does not do well individually unless the people your playing are idiots or running a AoE spec

I second a 4/6/36 if your going to play Pyro. TD now has burst again and you can actually do a solid burst rotation. like you could pre- 2.0. (Not as strong but about 80% there)

I played all types of hybrids in a desperate attempt to get the class to perform after 2.0, and some of them worked well in certain situations. But if your looking for the most effective burst PvP build for PT in the current state of the game go 4/6/36.

Hybrid are actually par for the course for powertechs. And not taking TD is someone many pyros have done since the range nerf back in ancient history.

Also AP is really only good as a coordinated spec it does not do well individually unless the people your playing are idiots or running a AoE spec

Hybrid AP with ion is only for tanking. If you are dps you should be running 8-36-2 for AP. AP does not do well individually. What? It operates very well under pressure, highly resistant to aoe and snares, benefits from being stunned, strong aoe attack and is the most mobile dps spec. It slaughters melee and works well against range and healers. What else do you need?

Pyro in PvP should not run without TD and at no point was better not getting TD in PvP (PvE different story).

• 2 weeks later...

in pvp? go pyro if you want to play your second best dps tree. That's like rage being the best spec for jugs/mara's and people playing carnage/veng and thinking they are amazing because they do almost as much damage as a rage spec. Damage is damage, and it doesnt matter how you get it.

ATM, pyro is just not as good as 8-36-2 or 11-33-2 (pyro may do more damage than this second spec, idk i havent played much pyro lately, but it's utility is very nice) . I miss Pyro too, but until it can out damage AP, it's on the shelf.

(forgive me if I'm not up to date on which mara/jug spec is the best anymore, havent played one if a long time-- but you know what I'm talking about--you saw it in gen chat all the time)

but overall, if you arent pvping ranked, do whatever you have fun with.