The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Advanced Hydrospanner (Or similar tool)

masterlorak

It could be sold for anything from 1200 cartel to 2500. It is character bound and a skill that allows you to remove mods from gear for free. It would be great to hear feedback, cheers. :cool:

removing mods from gear is meant to be a credit sink since they vast amount of free money being pumped into the economy, which is virtually infinite, to stem inflation.

not doing this will just cause the cost of items to skyrocket with the amount of free credits. at one time 100k used to be alot of money, then 1milliion, now 10million is fairly easy to obtain.

soon 100 million will be easy to have and things will start running 50 million on the GTN.

The only thing it will do is remove the price of removing mods. It won't allow you to re sell them or anything, it just means that you can retrieve color crystals etc. without having to spend stupid money. 7k to remove a Cartel Crystal at level 20 is a pain if you are leveling.

The only thing it will do is remove the price of removing mods. It won't allow you to re sell them or anything, it just means that you can retrieve color crystals etc. without having to spend stupid money. 7k to remove a Cartel Crystal at level 20 is a pain if you are leveling.

Why would you ever have to remove a cartel crystal?????????????????

If you have it equipped it's in your collections and you can reclaim infinite copies of it.

Why would you ever have to remove a cartel crystal?????????????????

If you have it equipped it's in your collections and you can reclaim infinite copies of it.

I will have to remove a cartel crystal in a little while, because leveling up a better one will come along. I also didn't get it off the cartel market, I got it off the gtn for really cheap.

I will have to remove a cartel crystal in a little while, because leveling up a better one will come along. I also didn't get it off the cartel market, I got it off the gtn for really cheap.

You're still not getting it. You will NEVER need to remove a cartel crystal from a weapon.

1. You have unlimited replication of the cartel crystal from collections, so if you get a new weapon you can make a new crystal and put it in there.

2. Cartel crystals are all the max stats (+41) for any crystal in the game, you will NOT encounter a better one while leveling up.

3. Even if you do encounter a better crystal (theoretically, will never happen), just put that in your weapon and override the cartel crystal you have in there. Again you can make unlimited copies of it if you ever need it again.

You're still not getting it. You will NEVER need to remove a cartel crystal from a weapon.

1. You have unlimited replication of the cartel crystal from collections, so if you get a new weapon you can make a new crystal and put it in there.

Black/Purple Crystals are on the Cartel Market?

Nope.

Nowhere did I say that they were either.

And also OP was talking about needing to remove crystals at level 20 while leveling. Black/Purple crystals can't be equipped till 50.

I was going on the original post, not his later attempt to talk about his reasoning. I didn't realise that the OP was talking only about this applying to Cartel Market Crystals, or only to those characters under level 50.

I was going on the original post, not his later attempt to talk about his reasoning. I didn't realise that the OP was talking only about this applying to Cartel Market Crystals, or only to those characters under level 50.

It isn't just for crystals, it is for any mods. I just used crystals as an example. It could be used on any mods.

It isn't just for crystals, it is for any mods. I just used crystals as an example. It could be used on any mods.

credits only come at the cost of time (or CM items sold on GTN) they are given out freely and can be horded with no consequences. Additionally given the rate of credits pumped INTO the system (100k+ a day per char easily) the cost of removing mods,repair, travel, and GTN tax are about the only means of maintaining a balance with inflation.

If you remove all cost sinks, repair costs would need to go up. Remove repair costs and travel goes up. remove travel costs and GTN become the only way. Remove all credit sinks and you start to run into hyper inflation where the value of the credit plummets so much that it is essentially meaningless and what costs 100credits now will be roughly 100 million very soon since everyone would be virtually a billionaire on every toon.

People do not like credit sinks, but they also have no idea what a game world would be like with out them. The example of something going from 100 credits to 100 million credits is extreme but not a bad point, if they did not have these sinks people who do not farm credits would never be able to buy anything off the GTN and if you are either a f2p or preferred player you would quickly quit the game out of the frustration this would cause. "Oh you're capped at 350k, enjoy this level 5 med pack"

/sigh

"Spending stupid money" is the point of it. Did you even read the explanation of a credit sink?

And another poster has already explained why removing a cartel crystal is nuts.