R.I.P. Pub side PVP

Burk

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it seems like there are still active pvpers pub side, unfortunately we are all spread out in guilds that are dead or dying, or simply unguilded. Perhaps a new pvp guild pub side would help.

Raze on the Imp side is thinking of starting a Pub guild if there is any interest let me know.

This is a sad state of affairs! JC, in my oppinion, was one of the most balanced pvp servers and leaned more towards the pub side back in the day.

It is ironic actually, the initial pub purge was over 8 man ranked.....that no longer exists. That initial transfer was the beginning of the end, it would seem, for the pub dominance on this server. Probably the only one that existed.

Where is this imp domination occuring??? Look at the leader boards.... all the top peeps are on the pub side. Imps are dominating regs????

Someone explain.

When server transfers happened there were a lot of people who left. Therefore the pub side had less premades. I think there are more premades imp side running regs right now. Therefore people tend to see more imp wins then they did in the past. I know I used to be able to solo queue on a Tuesday night and finish my weekly quickly. Now it takes two nights to do.

I would say what is left of the top end of pvp on this server is still pub slanted.

Cheers,

Hobi

Pubs had it coming... A lot of them were imp rerollers looking for an easier pvp experience. Then when the mass transfers happened and the balanced tipped slightly to the imps, you started to see a lot of former pubs on their imp late a lot more frequently.

I remember solo queueing match after match back when playing imp was actually hard and took tons of abuse. Now I get cursed out and harassed by pubs for not dying lmao...

Sidenote: I been leveling a sorc and gunslinger lately. If you want fun AND faction balanced pvp... Play lowbies. I swear to god. I get about a 7:3 win/loss ratio no matter which side I'm on. Most matches are pretty evenly fought.

i've come back for a bit and when i hop on my guardian there are hardly anyone recognize anymore =/. if i decided to come back for good i was entertaining the thought of being pub cause they are the weaker side now

We are all on pot5, come at me brah

That might be the reason why I've seen so many lost games recently. I was able to get connected through solo que to a pub pre-made the other day which could explain my six wins.

Has anyone else noticed the quality in players dropping to noob levels on the pub side lately? I am seeing level 55 pub players doing the following

* four plus people rushing the pylon at the start of Hypergate

* Healers running with two other people to grass at the start of ACW

*Nobody going west at the start of N.C

* Players with the Huttball running to the wrong goal in Huttball

* DPS standing still in the middle of a fight

*People grabing a pylon, node, etc and then leaving it un-guarded

I think these are just typical traits on both sides, but what i find alarming is the fact a lot of people on pub side wear pve gear and have around 1400 expertise. i think one day i counted 3-4 games where only 25% of the group had max expertise.

My experience in reg and solo ranked is that my w/l ratio is about the same if I'm facing imp or pub, but I see 3 imp teams for every pub team I face. Wait time for reg is always <5 minutes; for solo ranked we generally have to beg players on fleet to queue in order to get a pop. Edited by DainjaMouz