Can u be banned for healing npcs in section x lol?

Ajuma

Saw some MAJOR butthurt on the imp side because a rebel healed rebel npcs for a few minutes and an imp with 34k health couldn't kill a STRONG NPC!!!! guy got all upset threatening he will get everyone banned and such lol. How can u be banned for part of the game?

Better yet convert the daily heroics to hard mode:

Not getting a flag is the real issue I would have with this. I understand players grief for entertainment, its rude but hey, thats part of the game....but not allowing a player to be punished and hunted for this kind of behavior is what gets me.

If I log in my high level character to hunt him or her down they are not flagged, so they can continue this behavior forever and there is nothing I can do to stop or discourage them.

Either flagging them for the healing (not the ideal solution, as flagging was removed to prevent griefing by causing players that do not want to get flagged to get flagged) or, better yet, point out that doing this while flagged is not griefing...but doing it while being unflagged is and is behavior that is actionable on a players account.

I would prefer the second option. Let players do it if they wish, but point out that doing so while unflagged is clearly griefing and will not be tolerated.

If I log in my high level character to hunt him or her down they are not flagged, so they can continue this behavior forever and there is nothing I can do to stop or discourage them.

[...]

Let players do it if they wish, but point out that doing so while unflagged is clearly griefing and will not be tolerated.

Agreed.

Not getting a flag is the real issue I would have with this.

/Agree

If you do heal an NPC that is in combat with the opposing faction.. that should auto-flag you.

However.. it probably makes no real difference in game play except in a few absurd cases.

I'm of the mind that if it was a chronic problem:

1) We would have complaint posts about it every few days on the forum.

2) Bioware would evaluate the complaints and do something to fix it.

TL;DR it's not really a problem of any substance at this point in the game.

/Agree

If you do heal an NPC that is in combat with the opposing faction.. that should auto-flag you.

However.. it probably makes no real difference in game play except in a few absurd cases.

I'm of the mind that if it was a chronic problem:

1) We would have complaint posts about it every few days on the forum.

2) Bioware would evaluate the complaints and do something to fix it.

TL;DR it's not really a problem of any substance at this point in the game.

And... there will always be griefers. If it isn't healing an enemy NPC it's parking their big boat on top of something you need.

So, no you can't be banned. I would like such tactic to be an autoflag, but I'm not concerned about it because the problem isn't widespread.

Besides... the more devious side of me remembers that we are at war. So... yeah, I can see them doing that and maybe... the other side needs to retaliate.

Reminds me of a time not that long ago when a certain group of Imps found a way into the pub side section X base. They were flagged and were killing unsuspecting pubs who were flagged but innocently picking up missions. They also found a way to flag pubs by luring them to rez a dead body.

There was a lot of QQ about it on my PvE server. Peeps were outraged until me and a few others decided to stop the QQ and just do something about it. We grouped and kicked their butt out. They tried to come back, but we were ready and kicked them out again. They came back the next day suffered the same result and then they stopped coming back. Haven't seen that crew try it since.

Edited by Rafaman

There was a lot of QQ about it on my PvE server. Peeps were outraged until me and a few others decided to stop the QQ and just do something about it. We grouped and kicked their butt out. They tried to come back, but we were ready and kicked them out again. They came back the next day suffered the same result and then they stopped coming back. Haven't seen that crew try it since.

Which frankly is the way to handle this kind of thing if you feel it's out of hand. Even on a PvE server.. this is the way to address it. A good /spanking usually fixes most problems like this.

I kind of miss the old days of MMOs, where players took care of things much more often then coming to a forum and demanding a code based inoculation by the devs (not saying that this thead launched that way). Now days.. there is entirely too much demand for ban-sticks or devs code a fix to every social behavior inside the game IMO.

Edited by Andryah

Actuelly on a PVE server this can be classified under harrasment if and only if it keeps occuring so it should happen to him on a daily basis wich i hardly doubt unless the guy is such a d*ck that he made it to almost everyones ignore list. On a Pvp server this will not even be considered harrasment as due the nature of the server.

Saw some MAJOR butthurt on the imp side because a rebel healed rebel npcs for a few minutes and an imp with 34k health couldn't kill a STRONG NPC!!!! guy got all upset threatening he will get everyone banned and such lol. How can u be banned for part of the game?

you can't get banned for that, he is just a mad person who is not smart enough to realize no one cares and that apparently the Republic and Empire aren't fighting a war against eachother

If enough people complain, and someone looks into it, then yes He could be banned, they have said that this counts as antisocial behaviour, and is actionable.

An autoflag would solve the problem. You heal an npc in combat, you get flagged and the (generally) lower level players you're getting killed can zerg your ***. I'd enjoy watching that, actually. ;)

The opposite is true however...if you get to pvp that way you can cause it to happen and then your opponent is fighting the mob and you and is at an automatic disadvantage...It's better not to let that be abused.

Rebel?

yeah this was on section x, guy pissed and moaned for over an hour over it lol, threatened he was on the phone and all with swtor. we got a good kick out of it, and this is pve server

i'm 100% sure its not allowed to do that on a PvE server the main reason why players play there is they don't want to PvP, so the game lets you do that, then its even considered harassment / exploiting, you can be banned for that.

i would not do that tu much if i was you, just to be sure.

i'm 100% sure its not allowed to do that on a PvE server the main reason why players play there is they don't want to PvP, so the game lets you do that, then its even considered harassment / exploiting, you can be banned for that.

i would not do that tu much if i was you, just to be sure.

You can get banned for it on any server, it counts as harassment, you are harrassing another player when you reinforce mobs, even on PVP servers, although they might treat it with a lighter touch on those.

You can get banned for it on any server, it counts as harassment, you are harrassing another player when you reinforce mobs, even on PVP servers, although they might treat it with a lighter touch on those.

on a PvP server they will not do anything about that, if they would then you could debate the fact that 80% of the PvP'er wait to attack you untill you pull a group of mobs on you! the most lame thing you can do and you be amazed how many max level players pvp like that lol, i'v bin killed as lowbie once by a lv55 "i was 20 at the time" he actually waited to attack me untill i pulled a group on me and then he one shotted me lol, anyways i'm on a PvP server so i don't really care much, i just swap instance or char and play on :D but was funny to see though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.