The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The lack of customer support is amazing

Jamon_Ree

When I started playing my Smuggler had attained level 26, had his ship and had advanced to Tatooine, having collected all the datacrons up to and including the ones on Tattooine.

After a layoff of several years I logged on to find my characters all on The Porphecy of 5 server on Coruscant, absolutely no missions completed, no ship and level 12 instead of 26.

Thinking there was a server merge I checked to see if The Shadowlands server had shut down and it hadn't.

Customer service has no answers for my character change and says they can't help me.

I did not pay $160 for the game to be told that. And, I am not goint to do all those early missions over again.

Too many unique errors to seem possible, seems like you got the wrong account somehow or someone accessed your account and deleted your higher level characters. Does legacy still show the datacrons completed from worlds past the starting ones? Edited by Sphinxes

What you're describing isn't a bug, it's literally something outside the realm of possibility. Characters don't just randomly server transfer or go down in level.

My guess is it's one of the following:

1) You forgot you had an alt account and logged into that one instead of your main account.

2) You are playing on the right account, but are on the wrong server, which you forgot you made characters on. You can make characters on different servers on the same account. There's an option to go to the server list.

3) Your account was hacked and modified.

As for not wanting to do the starter quests again, if you've really been away since the game launched (theorizing since you said "years" and the game will have only been out for two years in December) you might as well relearn how to play the game and your class. The early planets also go quickly.

What you're describing isn't a bug, it's literally something outside the realm of possibility. Characters don't just randomly server transfer or go down in level.

My guess is it's one of the following:

1) You forgot you had an alt account and logged into that one instead of your main account.

2) You are playing on the right account, but are on the wrong server, which you forgot you made characters on. You can make characters on different servers on the same account. There's an option to go to the server list.

3) Your account was hacked and modified.

As for not wanting to do the starter quests again, if you've really been away since the game launched (theorizing since you said "years" and the game will have only been out for two years in December) you might as well relearn how to play the game and your class. The early planets also go quickly.

+1 I'm going with this.