The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please more info on White/White and Black/Black Dye on CM!

Hi SWTOR team,

just wanted to put in my vote to bring back the dye packs again on the Cartel market and gauge other peoples opinion, though I know this has been discussed many times over. Most importantly though, considering the packs popularity and the mistake Eric kindly apologised for, concerning the patch notes not identifying their temporary nature, can we please at least have some more info on when specifically they will be back. It has been approaching 2 months now and being advised to just check the cartel market as items change is frustrating. As one guy stated to the Devs at your London cantina tour, concerning transfers at the time, "just please provide it! take my money! Its there on offer!"

Long story short, please bring them back and any specific foresight on when or at least another un-confirmatory reply would be greatly appreciated.

cheers! :)

If you're so pained and impatient to spend your money, buy tons of the random dye kits. I spent under 1k CC on those kits and ended up with both a black/black and a white/white. Plus a good number of other decent dye modules on top of those. It cost me less than buying those two outright, and I got more dyes to boot.

If you're so pained and impatient to spend your money, buy tons of the random dye kits. I spent under 1k CC on those kits and ended up with both a black/black and a white/white. Plus a good number of other decent dye modules on top of those. It cost me less than buying those two outright, and I got more dyes to boot.

Yeah, I would definitely prefer to wait impatiently for the guaranteed dye...than to spend money gambling on the packs.

Granted, I can patiently wait. I'm just saying that if it was a choice between impatiently waiting for guaranteed or gambling on packs...I would impatiently wait everytime.

Edited by VitalityPrime

You were very lucky, believe me, I've bought quite a few packs in the past and after your comment actually today spent over 3k on packs, especially as they were on sale price, however not one White/White or Black/Black dye pack! Also asked Eric Musco about their return so hoping for an answer, though disappointed they haven't returned them already, at least again for one day considering the mistake in the initial patch notes not notifying us of their limited availability. :(

Again i'd like to ask Eric or any dev who may read this, can you please offer any further information on the items return? Thank you for the new single use colours on sale, but can we please have an informed opportunity to purchase the White/White and Black/Black dyes again!

many thanks,

Daniel

Edited by DanielNorman

Would be nice to be able to do real custom colors and not the silly dyes. I know I was pumped when I first heard about dyes, but I was disappointed when I found out how it was going to be done. Have to wonder really why there is a price difference for these dyes. Sad to see them make the stuff people really want rare for some reason. So odd to see GW2 and FF14 have much more color customization. The game revolving around the cartel market is getting old.

Would be nice to be able to do real custom colors and not the silly dyes. I know I was pumped when I first heard about dyes, but I was disappointed when I found out how it was going to be done. Have to wonder really why there is a price difference for these dyes. Sad to see them make the stuff people really want rare for some reason. So odd to see GW2 and FF14 have much more color customization. The game revolving around the cartel market is getting old.

I agree, or at least if you are going to promise us all this cool creative stuff actually deliver it. More dyes, more hair, more everything. Really cool we got white eyes but then only humans can use them? Oh hey, attractive female hair! Nope, only humans.

Personally I don't intend on paying 1k coins for a guaranteed dye, it's not worth the money if you ask me.

It would be much more effective if it was 1500 coins and the dye was in collections and I could spread it account wide for say 200 additional coins.

That said, I'm waiting for deep pink-light Pink dye set to spray it all over my armor :)

Imagine a Pink Ranger Sith Juggie in a warzone or in an OP :D

ME WANT !