Solo Ranked night

Kallpa

Alright guys, its pretty obvious that ranked on our server can be dead at (most) times (with the exception of a few guilds). I have been in the ranked solo queue for hours at a time and sometimes dont get a pop at all. I believe we are going to need organize this here on the forum in order to get people in that queue, because using the pvp channel on the fleet to tell people to queue just is not enough. In honor of kickball, i propose everyone who is interested in ranked solo, but cant because of the inactivity, should get into the Ranked Solo Queue every Wednesday night.

p.s. This is in attempt to save pvp on our server, i am aware of the recent transfers.

Who is up?

Seriously, y'all.

ALL you have to do is click the red box, then the "Queue Solo" button.

DOOOOOWEEEEEEET.

Yeah thats true... but if only a few people are queueing that results on wasting 45 - 60 minutes waiting for a pop... time better spent doing 3 - 4 reg wzs... thats the problem...

Hiya lepp! /dance /hug

I would Love to play ranked, however bioware has chosen to ignore us.

I am a corruption based Sorc healer.

We are Squishy. and the second we enter the Arena, we have this HUGE bulls-eye on our forehead (rightfully so!)

static barrier is sort of like opening an umbrella to protect you as this huge rock falls on your head ( Wile E. Coyote) and unless we have protection, we are toast! ranked is awesome for DPS , and the better armored Operative Healer, but without some outstanding group dynamics, sorc healers are left in the cold,

as for getting folks to que up, Lolermellon has done this a few times on the fly and it sort of works, It would work better if it was planned out more.

create an op of 8 grabbing at least 2 healers and then distribute evenly, once the 2 columns are figured out 4 leave and reform, both groups select Ranked group and voila! ranked goodness Pops within 3 minutes

Nevre and I are leading a new PVP coalition from Darkest Hour/Leftovers we plan to eventually adopt this strategy once our members get geared, you are welcome to match with us once we get up to speed!

Hugs :) !

Edited by LadySolitare

Hiya Sol!!!!! /hug /kiss

I can really feel your pain regarding how squishy sorc healers are. The main difference between u and op healers is that u cant heal on the run... an u have to be always on the run or die focused!!! a running sorc healer is a non healer healer. Its quite a big problem for this class, shared with the lightning specced dps sorcs...

You know we group together a lot and i try to help u with taunts and guard (if im not full dps sepc), but the problem remains...

About the ranked queue... it would be so freakin awedome if we the pvprs of this server could agree on a certain night of the week for solo ranked queuez...It was done about 2 weeks go and it was amazing... i got about 15 ranked solo pops in 3 hours.. I wish we could do that regularly

Cheers and hugs

-lepp

Hiya lepp! /dance /hug

I would Love to play ranked, however bioware has chosen to ignore us.

I am a corruption based Sorc healer.

We are Squishy. and the second we enter the Arena, we have this HUGE bulls-eye on our forehead (rightfully so!)

static barrier is sort of like opening an umbrella to protect you as this huge rock falls on your head ( Wile E. Coyote) and unless we have protection, we are toast! ranked is awesome for DPS , and the better armored Operative Healer, but without some outstanding group dynamics, sorc healers are left in the cold,

as for getting folks to que up, Lolermellon has done this a few times on the fly and it sort of works, It would work better if it was planned out more.

create an op of 8 grabbing at least 2 healers and then distribute evenly, once the 2 columns are figured out 4 leave and reform, both groups select Ranked group and voila! ranked goodness Pops within 3 minutes

Nevre and I are leading a new PVP coalition from Darkest Hour/Leftovers we plan to eventually adopt this strategy once our members get geared, you are welcome to match with us once we get up to speed!

Hugs :) !

How it was done when I last joined a kickball was that the ops group was formed, but everyone queue'd solo and let Bioware decide how to team up people. I thought this worked pretty well. This avoided the need to trade players across teams to balance them out. Just let Bioware semi-randomly put people together (Bioware does attempt to evenly match up roles for solo ranked). It won't always be balanced skill-wise, but at least it only lasts one match, since the next match will be (should be) different.

How it was done when I last joined a kickball was that the ops group was formed, but everyone queue'd solo and let Bioware decide how to team up people. I thought this worked pretty well. This avoided the need to trade players across teams to balance them out. Just let Bioware semi-randomly put people together (Bioware does attempt to evenly match up roles for solo ranked). It won't always be balanced skill-wise, but at least it only lasts one match, since the next match will be (should be) different.

There is no match making in Swtor PvP lol.

There is no match making in Swtor PvP lol.

Not sure if you're mocking their attempts at matchmaking, or if you don't think it's supposed to exist. It's supposed to work with ranked solo: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130812

In addition to being matched by rating the match making system also determines the role of the character (DPS, Tank or Healer) and matches them with an analog of the same rank on the other team. This means that in the Ranked Solo queue you will always have a character of the same role for ones you have! No four healers versus four tanks matches here!

How well it does that is debatable, but I personally haven't seen any role imbalance in ranked solo yet.

Edited by gocard

Not sure if you're mocking their attempts at matchmaking, or if you don't think it's supposed to exist. It's supposed to work with ranked solo: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130812

How well it does that is debatable, but I personally haven't seen any role imbalance in ranked solo yet.

Hi lahm! Yes, there is balancing on the solo queue... The day i got a lot of pops there were a lot of people forming an ops groups... all queued solo and the game did a pretty good job on keeping team compositions balanced... I didnt get a single arena where 1 team had a healer and the other didnt. The same with tanks.

I enjoyed it a lot!

Then I was incorrect though ive had some strange solo queue matches vsing 4 healers before wasn't that fun :(

Alright guys, its pretty obvious that ranked on our server can be dead at (most) times (with the exception of a few guilds). I have been in the ranked solo queue for hours at a time and sometimes dont get a pop at all. I believe we are going to need organize this here on the forum in order to get people in that queue, because using the pvp channel on the fleet to tell people to queue just is not enough. In honor of kickball, i propose everyone who is interested in ranked solo, but cant because of the inactivity, should get into the Ranked Solo Queue every Wednesday night.

p.s. This is in attempt to save pvp on our server, i am aware of the recent transfers.

Who is up?

Kallpa! Thanks for posting this. I am definately in and I'll spread the word. Expect at least 4 from Remnants to solo que.

cheers,

Monk

Edited by Juniormonk