Watchman DPS Help

Aelanis

I know a few threads are out there where some people asked for a little help with their dps, so I was wondering if I could get some suggestions.

Gear:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/0308fd14-8580-43e5-8dfd-3c28af1f690e

Parse:

http://www.torparse.com/a/464076/time/1382287996/1382288580/0/Damage+Dealt

There are a few delays between abilities where there shouldn't be, once or twice because the ability didn't go off, and once or twice because I messed up the rotation.

My biggest questions, though, are:

1) If I have 3 stacks of overload saber applied, but can't proc cauterize, and have zen up, do I use Zen? I'd imagine so, but at what point do I wait to try to get Cauterize off CD?

2) Leap/Overload Saber and Merciless Slash come off CD at the same time (with 4 stacks of Merciless): which do I use first? What if Cauterize just came off cooldown instead of Merciless Slash?

3) If I decide to stick with a power click relic, do I wait until I use Inspiration to use it, or do I use it immediately at the start of a fight? For this reason, I'm thinking of switching to a damage proc relic, unless there's a better suggestion.

As for my gear, I realize I should be using purple augments, but I haven't been able to bring myself to spend that much money on a character I play so casually. I also realize my pvp relic is kinda bad, and now that I remembered that I'm using the pvp version, that's going to be my next piece to replace, but then what should I aim for? I know the set bonus is worth way more than improving the armorings to 72s, so I'll replace the one armoring I can, but I don't know what to try to do after that. I also won't be using ultimate coms on this guy until I can't gear out my main any more with them (another 2 weeks or so).

EDIT:

So, I managed to accidentally delete that parse from TORParse, so I'll have to upload one with a new gear profile in the near future. Answers to those questions would still be helpful, though.

Edited by Aelanis

I know a few threads are out there where some people asked for a little help with their dps, so I was wondering if I could get some suggestions.

Gear:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/0308fd14-8580-43e5-8dfd-3c28af1f690e

Parse:

http://www.torparse.com/a/464076/time/1382287996/1382288580/0/Damage+Dealt

There are a few delays between abilities where there shouldn't be, once or twice because the ability didn't go off, and once or twice because I messed up the rotation.

My biggest questions, though, are:

1) If I have 3 stacks of overload saber applied, but can't proc cauterize, and have zen up, do I use Zen? I'd imagine so, but at what point do I wait to try to get Cauterize off CD?

2) Leap/Overload Saber and Merciless Slash come off CD at the same time (with 4 stacks of Merciless): which do I use first? What if Cauterize just came off cooldown instead of Merciless Slash?

3) If I decide to stick with a power click relic, do I wait until I use Inspiration to use it, or do I use it immediately at the start of a fight? For this reason, I'm thinking of switching to a damage proc relic, unless there's a better suggestion.

As for my gear, I realize I should be using purple augments, but I haven't been able to bring myself to spend that much money on a character I play so casually. I also realize my pvp relic is kinda bad, and now that I remembered that I'm using the pvp version, that's going to be my next piece to replace, but then what should I aim for? I know the set bonus is worth way more than improving the armorings to 72s, so I'll replace the one armoring I can, but I don't know what to try to do after that. I also won't be using ultimate coms on this guy until I can't gear out my main any more with them (another 2 weeks or so).

EDIT:

So, I managed to accidentally delete that parse from TORParse, so I'll have to upload one with a new gear profile in the near future. Answers to those questions would still be helpful, though.

Inspiration has a 5 minute cooldown the power relics are on a 1 minute rotation, so you best be keeping the power relic on CD. Ideally you would maximize the use of relic, inspiration, and procs, with your dispatch towards ends of fights. As a starting rotation I would hit the valorous call, and just before you hit your cauterize in opening rotation pop your relic, zen, then cauterize so cuaterize plush merciless slash have as much bonus damage as possible.

It is a balancing act between Cauterize and Merciless slash stacking. With the new changes in 2.5 where stacks last longer and tick off slower, this will be an easier balance. But primarily Cauterize before Merciless slash. It will really depend on your focus and if you think the rest on 4 stacks will withstand a GCD tick.