Impossible stats?

RiChess

So I have this guild mara who supposedly has incredible DPS, all my other guildies hold him as a golden standard of DPS. I didn't believe it myself because he always refuses to parse, but I happened to inspect him on a whim, and hot damn he has incredibly high stats. 100% accu, 37% crit and 75% surge. I checked his gear and he has 2 accu enhancements, and 1 accu aug (all other augs are str), everything else is surge, his implants/earpiece are power/surge. Unless I'm missing something this is strange? :rak_01: Edited by RiChess

6% of that crit comes from malice, though apparently he still has around 600-700 crit. His force power is 200-300 lower than a geared mara, not a good tradeoff.

What's throwing me is that he has 100% accu with almost no accu enhancements/augs. I know you get 3%% from ataru form, but he only has 190 accu rating on top of that.

What's throwing me is that he has 100% accu with almost no accu enhancements/augs. I know you get 3%% from ataru form, but he only has 190 accu rating on top of that.

You get +3% from Atayru, +3% from Accuracy, and +1% from the companion bonus. This means he only needs a further 3% accuracy, and 190 accu for 3% boost sounds about right (118 accu is a 2.06% boost)

Edited by TACeMossie

You get +3% from Atayru, +3% from Accuracy, and +1% from the companion bonus. This means he only needs a further 3% accuracy, and 190 accu for 3% boost sounds about right

Ahh ok. He probably has the companion buff, I was trying to figure out where he was getting that extra 1-2% from. ;)

So I have this guild mara who supposedly has incredible DPS, all my other guildies hold him as a golden standard of DPS. I didn't believe it myself because he always refuses to parse, but I happened to inspect him on a whim, and hot damn he has incredibly high stats. 100% accu, 37% crit and 75% surge. I checked his gear and he has 2 accu enhancements, and 1 accu aug (all other augs are str), everything else is surge, his implants/earpiece are power/surge. Unless I'm missing something this is strange? :rak_01:

Out of curiosity how is he the gold standard when he refuses to parse? How does anyone have any idea how much damage he is actually doing?

You get +3% from Atayru, +3% from Accuracy, and +1% from the companion bonus. This means he only needs a further 3% accuracy, and 190 accu for 3% boost sounds about right (118 accu is a 2.06% boost)

190 accuracy is not enough. Specifically, that would only give 2.79% accuracy, leaving the Marauder at 99.79%. Due to DRs on Surge (which should be in the 600s for a geared Ataru Marauder), it's better to get your accuracy over 100%, even if it means over-statting.

75% surge sounds about right, and actually a bit low if the Marauder is under-statting on accuracy. My Ataru sentinel has that much surge, but he also has 100.44% accuracy. 37% crit is massively high. That's like, 15% too much. The optimal itemization for a Carnage Marauder has 0 crit.

In summary: don't gear like this guy does. He's wrong. Also, as oofalong said, if he isn't parsing, why is he the gold standard? Unless your guildies have access to some evidence that you don't, he's just bluster and there's no reason to treat him like anything but another really poorly-itemized marauder.