The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Advanced Prototype PVE endgame proper Stat Priority and Talent Build

GeoffHun

Hi, my powertech (Shield Tech) tank is level 46. Soon I will reach lvl 55 and I want to respec and get full dps gear for Advanced Prototype sometimes. I wonder if Noxxic site correct with Stat Priority and Talent Build?

Stat Priority: Aim >= Accuracy (110%) > Power > Surge (70%) > Crit (25%)

Talent Build: 8-36-2

Please, help me. Should I use these numbers or they are totally massed up as the Sentinel's ones?

Crit should be more like 20% and surge 75%. There's no reason for any spec (for any class) to have that high of a crit chance because talents have crit chance or even auto crit built in. Once certain numbers are achieved, focus on Power.

75% Surge while maintaining 110% Accuracy? I'd like to know how that is achieved without wasting augment slots.

Koozie has a very nice AP guide. Click the link, or scroll down a few inches on the first page of the forum and you'll find what you need.

That guide only helps you in PVP, not PVE. if you follow that guide you'll be lucky if you beat a tank in DPS.

Noxxic is a very bad site with bad information 90% of the time. Their spec is... ok. It's not great but not bad. There are 1-2 talents points that are just wasted in the AP build, but you need to spend them to get to the 36 point talent from a PVE stand point. As for gear early levels stay way from crit. I've tested this and pre 72 gear (underworld) crit is a DPS loss over a pure power/surge set up. Once you get 3000 main stat, and are between 99.5 and 100% accuracy start adding small amounts of crit to your gear. Until then though don't. Now Accuracy don't go over 100% if you can help it. It's wasted stats. Try and float between 99.5 and 100. This at 66-69 gear is 6 slots dedicated to accuracy. once you get full 72 you can drop down to 5 slots, Kell dragon+ 4 slots. Surge you want to get to 75% if you can, but 70% is good as well.

Any way that's a start point.

75% Surge while maintaining 110% Accuracy? I'd like to know how that is achieved without wasting augment slots.

Not sure why you think you need 110% Accuracy? The vast majority of AP attacks are classified as Tech damage, which has a different Accuracy stat, and is higher by default (10%, I think...can't remember). In a proper raid group, your target is already going to have debuffs applied to it that should make Accuracy practically a non-issue, especially as a Tech DPS.

Tech and force attacks suffer from the same 10% defense value Kinetic/energy attacks do. So you need 100% hit for accuracy 110% with force/tech, though it's misleading because really they are at the same accuracy level.

To make it more clear, Accuracy at 100% = Tech/Force at 110%

Tech and force attacks suffer from the same 10% defense value Kinetic/energy attacks do. So you need 100% hit for accuracy 110% with force/tech, though it's misleading because really they are at the same accuracy level.

To make it more clear, Accuracy at 100% = Tech/Force at 110%

This post is correct. Bosses have 10% force/tech resist since 2.0, and all dps (except carnage/combat) now need 6% accuracy from gear (+ 1% from companion and 3% acc talent that every class has)

• 2 weeks later...
What are the best Relics for AP PVE? Thx!

Pretty safe to say Dread Forged Boundless Ages is one, as for the other, might be a toss up for Serendipitous Assault or Devastating Vengeance. The Focused Retribution seems like a middle road with Aim adding a little damage and a minor amount of crit. So if you have enough crit then go Serendipitous otherwise if you're doing a full power build you might what the Vengeance.

Although I wish they would have kept actual damage relics like Dark Radiance, sometimes the proc for effect relics go off at the wrong times.

Edited by Melon_Lord