New Cartel Pack Item Details Not Viewable

Asros

The new cartel pack items that are in the collections with todays patch dont have functionality to view details. The items show up in the collection windows, but clicking on the "view details" button does nothing.

• Dev Post
I've checked with the developers, and this is by design. While there's a preview of the new pack contents in Collections (you can see what they are going to be), the descriptions will only become available on Monday October 21st when the Tracker's Bounty Pack is released.

People are able to preview them with a workaround bug; anyways, wouldn't it be better for marketing if people could see how the individual pieces look and can match to different color sets? might make people more interested rather than grayed out pictures.

I've checked with the developers, and this is by design. While there's a preview of the new pack contents in Collections (you can see what they are going to be), the descriptions will only become available on Monday October 21st when the Tracker's Bounty Pack is released.

There is a workaround to see them.

1. Click on another (that is already available) item
  2. Click on show detail
  3. Click on one of the new items (that are not available) leaving the previous detail open
  4. Now you are able to see the new unavailable items and try them.

As you can see we all know what is the look like of the new stuff:

http://dulfy.net/2013/10/15/swtor-trackers-bounty-pack-contents/

Edited by Elminster_cs

That's truly bad design then, as it makes little sense. You say it's to preview, yet we can't actually preview them to see how they look on our characters (using the Preview function!), except if we use a shady workaround.

Not making them available to view immediately just adds more work for the developers (putting in a timer and such) for a "feature" that is entirely unneccesary and probably even detrimental from a marketing perspective as people can't try things on or even think not being able to preview them is a bug that makes the game look like a mess.

Edited by Glzmo

Meditation Chamber for example doesnt have preview button at all when you inspect item from collections.