BIOWARE, why have you still not fixed old pvp gear below warhero?

ViciousFett

Not all players are forum trolls like yourself. The fact that they are RETURNING players should give you some indication of their commitment to keeping on top of game changes.

And unlike your troll response, its about responsibility. I wanted to play better at a new class I rolled, so I went and FOUND OUT. And, in most cases, if a returning player is STILL in old WZ gear, the majority of the players in the warzone will tell them directly.

You hit the nail right on the head. And like I said, I wouldn't care normally, but these guys are getting put on my teams and I'm tired of carrying them.

Ah, so rather then tell them, you believe you carry them. Just LOL. You must spell the word 'team' with an 'I' in it.

The main problem with this is that some of us had or have about 5 to 6 characters fully equiped in that worthless gear and have to change the whole set for those 5 to 6 characters in order to be able to do the only thing we want to do... PvP.

Anyways, don't expect anything done for PvP by Bioware.

Well, that is what MMOs are all about, grinding for the next set of gear. When an MMO releases an expansion pack you kinda need to expect these things. I remember how useless my blackhole gear became in even FPs after the expansion came out.

I get what are you saying though, it sucks to have BiS gear become worse than the crappiest PvE gear, but I'm guessing the extremely underfunded PvP dept didn't have the time to code that in, when they had like 1M other things to fix. It's not like it's hard getting crappy PvE gear.

I have spent a huge amount of time trying to find out how best to gear myself for PvP as I level up. All I can say is there is a TON of old information out there -these game updates are brutal to keep up with and many guides have not been updated with the changes. How surprised was I to find the WZ comms cap is not 1000, and that there's no such thing as a Mercenary Comm anymore?

I'm new to the game and am struggling with how to gear and how to spend my comms. Thank god I don't have past experience and old gear to confuse the issue even more.

Would someone be able to point me to a good guide(s) where I can find up to date info. Please?

I have spent a huge amount of time trying to find out how best to gear myself for PvP as I level up. All I can say is there is a TON of old information out there -these game updates are brutal to keep up with and many guides have not been updated with the changes. How surprised was I to find the WZ comms cap is not 1000, and that there's no such thing as a Mercenary Comm anymore?

I'm new to the game and am struggling with how to gear and how to spend my comms. Thank god I don't have past experience and old gear to confuse the issue even more.

Would someone be able to point me to a good guide(s) where I can find up to date info. Please?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=668162

its the first topic on this board. It's stickied.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=668162

its the first topic on this board. It's stickied.

I do agree that OP has some merit here. Of course players with half of a brain can easily circumvent the issue, but in software development (and especially games for that matter), you have to assume that your average customer is a complete and total imbecile. It's an oversight if you don't, not a big one in this case, but it wouldn't have been too hard to fix it while they were on it anyway.