The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars: Rebels reveals it's main villain!

LadyKulvax

Ok, ok I can get on board with this. Hopefully they may sprinkle in some Darth Vader in, perhaps as a reference or some cameo but I like this. I just hope they won't show the Imperials as incompetent like they did with the Battle Droids(although some were rather competent) Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Something tells me we will be seeing a lot more of multiple imperial star ships that currently lack specific data. For example, the Praetors, Vigil, and a few others.

Edit: NOT ISARD! No, please no! She would only give the show one season, by the end the heroes would all be executed...

Edited by Silenceo

Something tells me we will be seeing a lot more of multiple imperial star ships that currently lack specific data. For example, the Praetors, Vigil, and a few others.

Edit: NOT ISARD! No, please no! She would only give the show one season, by the end the heroes would all be executed...

It makes sense this "Inquisitor" works with her.

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

HE LOOKS SO AWESSOOOOMEEE!

AND HE'S GOT A LIGHTSABER!!!!

Oh my, that was awesome. I love the fact that they are using the same design as the Clone Wars.

And he's a Pau'an too! I loved that race ever since I first saw them. So great we are finally going to have a main character of that species. My faith in Rebels has been restored. Do me proud Dave, do me proud.

EDIT: OMG! OMG! OMG! HE'S GOT A SABERSTAFF!

I am literally having a nerdgasm here, I feel like such a loser.:p

Edited by Beniboybling

Marek is Vader's kid apprentice at this point right? Wonder if they will acknowledge that... I expect not.

TFU I & II are considered canon so I don't see why there wouldn't be at least hints...I mean this "Inquisitor's" role is what Galen was given...

TFU I & II are considered canon so I don't see why there wouldn't be at least hints...I mean this "Inquisitor's" role is what Galen was given...
Yeah but is there any call for it. Vader isn't just gonna be like, "OK Inquisitor dude gotta go and check on my kid... I mean oversee the Executor's construction." If he isn't going to make any appearance, there is no need to mention him.

Oh and just to note Marek was Vader's secret apprentice. As a High Inquisitor or whatever this guy is part of an organisation exclusive from Marek called the Sith Inquisition.

Oh please, tell me he has an awesome robe covering his legs. Like a proper Inquisitor thingy all black and flowly.

If he does I will literally die.

And tell me he's voiced by Sam Witwer! Tell me its true!

lol - I agree with all of this.....

Apart from the 'I will literally die' part..... that sounds a bit too dramatic teenage fangirlish for my tastes :D

I wonder if it will be another childish kid show like Clone Wars, or something the average bloodthirsty male adult can enjoy as well. :)

How much of the Clone Wars did you watch? there were a few quite dark episodes that were not that childish....And later on, past say season 2 or 3, it all seemed to be general viewers and less specific to younger people.

As to the bloodthirsty part...The Clone Wars had plenty of action in even the peaceful episodes, not nearly as graphic as some other shows, but still plenty of action.

Edited by Silenceo

More news surrounding what went down at ComiCon:

What interested me the most was "In this series characters can also die. Starting from Episode 4 of the Rebels the show will take a rather dark turn."

That's what I'm talking about. :D

It also says we might see some characters from TCW... and some Jedi. Ashoka perhaps? Kenobi?

lol - I agree with all of this.....

Apart from the 'I will literally die' part..... that sounds a bit too dramatic teenage fangirlish for my tastes :D

Lol, there's a teenage fangirl in all of us. :D

Just as a general point, I'd actually quite like to see Ashoka have a leading role in this i.e. as the main Jedi. She'd developed and matured so much as a character and I've actually come to like her. I also think it would be interesting to explore her relationship with Vader (does she know its Anakin?) and just see her story come to a resolution.

She would of course have to die at the end. Sorry snips.

Yeah but is there any call for it. Vader isn't just gonna be like, "OK Inquisitor dude gotta go and check on my kid... I mean oversee the Executor's construction." If he isn't going to make any appearance, there is no need to mention him.

Oh and just to note Marek was Vader's secret apprentice. As a High Inquisitor or whatever this guy is part of an organisation exclusive from Marek called the Sith Inquisition.

Doesn't mean we couldn't get some Vader - Marek only content. Secret is secret to all but the viewers. But even as a kid or some mention of the assault on Kashyyyk would be nice.

Also, it could be my rusty memory during the Dark Times, but isn't this Inquisitor completely brand new and was never in a comic series, etc.?

EDIT: Just found out Rebels is 5 years before Ep. IV, so Galen would be near his final trials by this point before the events of TFU I occur.

Edited by Eillack

How much of the Clone Wars did you watch? there were a few quite dark episodes that were not that childish....And later on, past say season 2 or 3, it all seemed to be general viewers and less specific to younger people.

As to the bloodthirsty part...The Clone Wars had plenty of action in even the peaceful episodes, not nearly as graphic as some other shows, but still plenty of action.

While many episodes had significant action (without blood, and mostly vs droids) the main target audience was what, 10-14? And it showed. Even the darkest episodes weren't really dark, at least not to me. Plotlines were generally fairly simplistic, good for kids, but not really adult material, with plot mysteries like who the dark jedi was who tried to frame Asoka (sp?) that were so obvious that I assume the average adult could unravel after 5 minutes (at least I could).

So yeah, hope this new series caters to a bit more mature audience. I hope its like the harry potter series where the books/movies grow in intensity and in how dark they are with the original target audience.

Lol, there's a teenage fangirl in all of us. :D

Just as a general point, I'd actually quite like to see Ashoka have a leading role in this i.e. as the main Jedi. She'd developed and matured so much as a character and I've actually come to like her. I also think it would be interesting to explore her relationship with Vader (does she know its Anakin?) and just see her story come to a resolution.

She would of course have to die at the end. Sorry snips.

Hey, If Ashoka dies - then I am all for her being in it :)

I am actually excited about seeing Armoured Vader in animated media - I think that we will potentially be able to see some impressive skills and powers from him (without the restrictions of a real-life man in a suit)- hopefully making the doubters reevaluate there opinion of just how good he really is supposed to be....