Why is solo ranked dead on this server?

NathanielStarr

Again, it's just like the reason why GF never pops: lack of roles. I can definitely attest to the Impside pugs being nearly entirely DPS, where tanks and healers wouldn't dare enter a WZ without a group.

Which presents two possible scenarios. The system used for match making could be the problem, as it could require all three roles to be filled, which means no pops unless certain people decide to fill those roles for at least two teams.

However, the system might not have that role requirement, and then the second problem could be from the solo person that doesn't queue up as a DPS. Where, 8 players can be in the queue, but it won't pop because there is no way to balance 7 DPS and a healer just from looking at roles alone.

It has to be planned and coordinated, at least for this server.

Zu, I usually go in as my healer., obviously I bring my operative as I have a lot more survivability on that toon and can usually carry teams by myself. The problem I have is that I can count on one hand the number of tanks impside that I would feel know what they are doing (on pubside even less) and there are too many people who don't know how to peel or play objectives.

These same people like deathmatching but always end up barely pulling 200k as a DPS and therefore are useless in arenas as they cannot interrupt, stun or co-ordinate their burst.

I think PVP currently on BC is in a state of flux as there are barely 50 ppl who I would consider being PVP players left and a lot of new players who are learning the ropes. Of the 50 ppl I know, a lot of them bounce between servers as playing "high"-level PVP at the moment is extremely frustrating. Case in point I queued this morning on my sniper and got VS. At the end of the game I had a touch over 800k dmg the next highest on both teams barely broke 400k. I ended up losing the VS as my teammates thought it would be wise fighting 7v2 on the right door when I was getting 6v1 on the other door. Even after I repeatedly called left. Situational awareness ppl

Oh well what do I know, I am just a mediocre PVE'r pretending they can play PVP.

Edited by bsbrad

Solo ranked was great for the first 2 days. Won some, lost some. Quick way to make comms. Now it's dead. Sat waiting for over an hour today never got one. I waited over a half hour yesterday never got one. Why aren't you queuing for solo ranked?

You know its people just not realizing how dumb it is to grind out your rank pvp gear through dailies and weeklies. Today every pvp guild is guilty of sending premades into regular wz. It's this vicious cycle hat has BW scratching their heads at the pvp community in the game.

We complain that pvp sucks, and complain that we are still in preseason. Well now we know why. Because our actions in game do not reflect our complaints on the boards.

You know what we need 1 vs 1 arenas. There I said it.

Edited by Targarion

Now all that is left are the players who are heavily invested in PVE guilds and run primarily as pre-mades (a lot of whom wont run arenas due to the perceived balance issues).

That's a really good point. A lot of people in my old guild quit because of the "perceived balance issues". So now I am force to roam the fleet alone, and to que up for solo rank which unfortunately is dead atm.

Zu, I usually go in as my healer., obviously I bring my operative as I have a lot more survivability on that toon and can usually carry teams by myself. The problem I have is that I can count on one hand the number of tanks impside that I would feel know what they are doing (on pubside even less) and there are too many people who don't know how to peel or play objectives.

These same people like deathmatching but always end up barely pulling 200k as a DPS and therefore are useless in arenas as they cannot interrupt, stun or co-ordinate their burst.

I think PVP currently on BC is in a state of flux as there are barely 50 ppl who I would consider being PVP players left and a lot of new players who are learning the ropes. Of the 50 ppl I know, a lot of them bounce between servers as playing "high"-level PVP at the moment is extremely frustrating. Case in point I queued this morning on my sniper and got VS. At the end of the game I had a touch over 800k dmg the next highest on both teams barely broke 400k. I ended up losing the VS as my teammates thought it would be wise fighting 7v2 on the right door when I was getting 6v1 on the other door. Even after I repeatedly called left. Situational awareness ppl

Oh well what do I know, I am just a mediocre PVE'r pretending they can play PVP.

Lol, not arguing the extreme case of bads the server has. I was merely pointing out that solo ranked pops never happen because of lack of roles or inability to fairly match teams based on who's in the queue.

If you solo queue on Nabi, then congrats! You're one in about 15, considering I hardly ever see any healers go alone, and I'd rather Lethality DPS on my operative than heal a WZ myself lol :D

You know its people just not realizing how dumb it is to grind out your rank pvp gear through dailies and weeklies. Today every pvp guild is guilty of sending premades into regular wz. It's this vicious cycle hat has BW scratching their heads at the pvp community in the game.

We complain that pvp sucks, and complain that we are still in preseason. Well now we know why. Because our actions in game do not reflect our complaints on the boards.

You know what we need 1 vs 1 arenas. There I said it.

Bioware isn't scratching their heads @ Premades in Regular Warzones its what an MMO is for grouping with friends and doing things with FRIENDS. Bioware is actualy scratching their heads at the endless QQ coming from players about people grouping with friends/guildies for activities. I don't hear the Bosses in Operations and Flashpoints qqing about Premades roflstomping them for loot, do you?

Edited by Skinnychalk

Bioware isn't scratching their heads @ Premades in Regular Warzones its what an MMO is for grouping with friends and doing things with FRIENDS. Bioware is actualy scratching their heads at the endless QQ coming from players about people grouping with friends/guildies for activities. I don't hear the Bosses in Operations and Flashpoints qqing about Premades roflstomping them for loot, do you?

Sorry I am not sure I understand where you are coming from. I wasn`t complaining to BW about people playing together, I was pointing out the irony in people who complained to BW for the lack of pvp content when those same people won`t even que up 4 vs 4 or left the game all together for perceived class imbalances.

You can play with your friends in rank matches just as well as you could in regular pvp matches.:rolleyes:

Lol, not arguing the extreme case of bads the server has. I was merely pointing out that solo ranked pops never happen because of lack of roles or inability to fairly match teams based on who's in the queue.

If you solo queue on Nabi, then congrats! You're one in about 15, considering I hardly ever see any healers go alone, and I'd rather Lethality DPS on my operative than heal a WZ myself lol :D

I agree if the matchmaking is waiting for tanks, good luck. It would be better if they allowed you to queue for ranked and unranked at the same time where ranked gets precedence.

I'm sure if we can hear what those raid bosses were thinking, there would be a TON of QQ ;)

Especially from that one 100k gold that gets chain stunned 5 times and dies without even a hit on the tank. I bet you 100 bucks he's probably shouting "WHERE THE **** IS MY RESOLVE BAR?!"

Sorry I am not sure I understand where you are coming from. I wasn`t complaining to BW about people playing together, I was pointing out the irony in people who complained to BW for the lack of pvp content when those same people won`t even que up 4 vs 4 or left the game all together for perceived class imbalances.

You can play with your friends in rank matches just as well as you could in regular pvp matches.:rolleyes:

I queue group rated all the time :\ no pops though

I'm sure if we can hear what those raid bosses were thinking, there would be a TON of QQ ;)

Especially from that one 100k gold that gets chain stunned 5 times and dies without even a hit on the tank. I bet you 100 bucks he's probably shouting "WHERE THE **** IS MY RESOLVE BAR?!"

No he is shouting in mumble to all his boss friends, "*********** stunlock, resolve in this game doesn't work. I am reporting these players to BW for exploiting stuns, learn the mechanics newbs!!!"

No he is shouting in mumble to all his boss friends, "*********** stunlock, resolve in this game doesn't work. I am reporting these players to BW for exploiting stuns, learn the mechanics newbs!!!"

Especially to those bosses that stand in the back about 30 meters, they're probably yelling at them, "***?! YOU GUYS COULDN'T HELP?!"

Now I feel bad for some of these raid bosses we kill :/

Especially to those bosses that stand in the back about 30 meters, they're probably yelling at them, "***?! YOU GUYS COULDN'T HELP?!"

Now I feel bad for some of these raid bosses we kill :/

They are probably saying can I get a friggin heal here......

Always funny when you see fights where the other bosses/adds just stand there while you pound on the other guy. I think the mobs/bosses need to start wearing bifocals, then again half the PVPers can be accused of this. The amount of times I have been yelling, can I get a peel plz.