Galactic Starfighters... with a cockpit view?

LadyKulvax

BiOWare, will this include the classic cockpit view point that felt so amazing in X-wing vs TIE Fighter? if so, fantastic! if not, please god implement it, nothing ever felt as good in a space sim than being sat in the cockpit of a TIE Fighter shooting down Rebel scum, please god implement cockpit POV if it isn't already a part of the update.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but we will be called complainers.

By some who have nothing better to do than shoot down others. (No pun intended). It's a pretty valid request for some. I'm horrid at flying ships from cockpit view but I'd support the motion to include the option to play from cockpit view. :D

It's going to be bad if it has auto leveling. Meaning you always fly on a set parallel plane, and the ships don't really have yaw, pitch, and roll.

I hope it the ships have YPR stats, and you aren't auto leveled.

I really need joystick controls.

I wouldn't mind a first person view, which is what I prefer, but I always turned off the cockpit textures in XvT, and XWA. It blocked too much of my view.

Edited by Hambunctious

The cockpit view and the joystick question is two questions they really need to answer. I loved cockpit view in swg, especially on the imperial fighters, but if they are going to do 12 vrs 12 pvp in space joystick to me is a must have. Its kinda sad really they will probably ignore these two questions and never answer, but they are perfectly willing to answer is it free lol. Money first, the star wars universe second. I would assume we have complete control of our fighters if they are talking about pvp, if not that would be a major let done, and in that case well swtors rep would be dead permanently.

The cockpit view and the joystick question is two questions they really need to answer. I loved cockpit view in swg, especially on the imperial fighters, but if they are going to do 12 vrs 12 pvp in space joystick to me is a must have. Its kinda sad really they will probably ignore these two questions and never answer, but they are perfectly willing to answer is it free lol. Money first, the star wars universe second. I would assume we have complete control of our fighters if they are talking about pvp, if not that would be a major let done, and in that case well swtors rep would be dead permanently.

Just read the main promotions, it says free-flight 12 vs 12 space PVP, emphasis on the free-flight.

I too would love to see a cockpit view supported.

Even if it's just a static 2D image of a cockpit I'd still be happy about it, but obviously a fully rendered 3D cockpit that you can freely look around would be the best.

There is first person and 3rd person view in game already.

Don't see why it would be any different in fighters.

We shall see :)

Well the first person view we have is a bit different than what they are asking for. If they apply the current method it wouldn't be a cockpit, you just wouldn't see the ship at all.

It would be neat but I seriously doubt it.

If you look at the field of free roaming space PvP games like Star conflict and their PvE cousins ala Strike suit zero, nobody is doing cockpit view nor joystick support. At best you get the full zoom in option.

It's clearly a more arcade-esque control scheme/approach. Cockpit view and joysticks are the domain of full fledged flight sims. This is not it I'm afraid. Which is probably a good thing as proper flight sims lack mass appeal. I mean most people chucked their joysticks in the bin in 1999.

Edited by aeterno

Hmm..... They need to make the view switchable, though. NOT by scrolling the mouse. The mouse-wheel zoom is annoying.

Just rebind your keys like I did, my camera zoom is on the numpad and my scroll wheel is used for abilities.

Just to add: I don't see any reason you couldn't zoom in to a first-person view.

If it had cockpit view you'd have seen it in the trailer, let it go peeps.

One problem the final version does not go live till February 8th, there is a lot of time between then and now. I would think the devs want to get this right. So to me its a possibility. If they want to gather in as many star wars fans as possible, they really should look at joystick and cockpit view, otherwise its just going to flop. Not really hurt the game much but not really help it out. No one will ever trust a expansion in this game again if they just do it the simple way.

BiOWare, will this include the classic cockpit view point that felt so amazing in X-wing vs TIE Fighter? if so, fantastic! if not, please god implement it, nothing ever felt as good in a space sim than being sat in the cockpit of a TIE Fighter shooting down Rebel scum, please god implement cockpit POV if it isn't already a part of the update.

*Rolls her magic 8-ball*

No.

And this isn't just any magic eight ball, you can find it online too... on Reddit. And it's rarely wrong.

What a good 8-ball it is.

One problem the final version does not go live till February 8th, there is a lot of time between then and now. I would think the devs want to get this right. So to me its a possibility. If they want to gather in as many star wars fans as possible, they really should look at joystick and cockpit view, otherwise its just going to flop. Not really hurt the game much but not really help it out. No one will ever trust a expansion in this game again if they just do it the simple way.

Where's ya hear that?

Some say December 3rd, some say February 8th.... Any actual source?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.